Anyone else having the issue on the Start Page where some of the bookmark icons (website preview) are coming up really small? There seems to be no way to control the size of the icons? I have some that take up the whole space of the icon window, another that takes up about 3/4 of it leaving the gray border and another that is literally the size of an emoticon and it's driving me nuts!!

I don't know if it is the particular site that controls the size of the preview icon or what, but ideally I would like them all to take up the whole icon window? Any help would be appreciated!!

P.S. the website that had a tiny preview was 411mania (in case anyone wanted to try it on theirs to see if its happening to them too). Thanks
    12-06-09 11:00 PM
    Having the same issues too. Besides I cant seem to be able to down load some apps using opera. Anyon else having this issue or have a clue as to how to fix it....
    12-06-09 11:08 PM
    ive never used Opera to download apps...I just remember from previous experiences with Opera 4.2 on my Curve that it would automatically launch the default browser anytime I tried to D/L an app...maybe that was never fixed
    12-06-09 11:16 PM
    When I try to DL an app the screen goes white.. thats where it leaves me hanging.
    12-06-09 11:29 PM
    When I try to DL an app the screen goes white.. thats where it leaves me hanging.
    hmmm sounds like a bug to me..have you tried downloading a different app (just to test out this potential bug)? I wonder if its happening with all apps or just this one...
    12-07-09 12:02 AM
    I have been having a problem also with it when clicking on websites it just turns all white.
    12-07-09 12:04 AM
    I have been having a problem also with it when clicking on websites it just turns all white.
    I have this issue also on some sites.
    12-07-09 12:14 AM
    I have the white page and an error message when trying to look at lamebook. I did successfully download an app. Opera just took me to the RIM browser for the download. There are definitely some quirks but all-in-all better functionality than RIM's browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 05:55 AM
    Anyone else having the issue on the Start Page where some of the bookmark icons (website preview) are coming up really small? There seems to be no way to control the size of the icons? I have some that take up the whole space of the icon window, another that takes up about 3/4 of it leaving the gray border and another that is literally the size of an emoticon and it's driving me nuts!!

I don't know if it is the particular site that controls the size of the preview icon or what, but ideally I would like them all to take up the whole icon window? Any help would be appreciated!!
    For me, it totally depended on HOW I added the speed dial. If I entered in the address of a page, it didnt work.

What I did was make sure that the speed dial window for whichever window you choose is cleared. Open the page you want to set as the speed dial in another tab. Then go back to that speed dial tab, click the empty speed dial window, and choose the page you want from your history, it should be at the top of the list.

That is what I did. I can't remember however if I reset the phone afterwards, or just Exited Opera and then re-opened it. Let me know how it works for you. All of my icons are now big, and they weren't when I initially added them.
    12-07-09 07:13 AM
    Sync it with desktop browser? That will work.
    12-07-09 08:52 AM
    For me, it totally depended on HOW I added the speed dial. If I entered in the address of a page, it didnt work.

What I did was make sure that the speed dial window for whichever window you choose is cleared. Open the page you want to set as the speed dial in another tab. Then go back to that speed dial tab, click the empty speed dial window, and choose the page you want from your history, it should be at the top of the list. .
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! This works great for almost all of my start start menu icons. It's been about the only thing that's been driving me crazy since I started to use OM5B2. I can't get the engadget mobile thumbnail to "fill the box", but the rest of my site thumbnails look perfect now.

Thanks again!
    12-07-09 10:17 AM
    For the solid white page just double touch (would have said click but since opera doesn't accept clicks...) the screen and it will zoom into the page you originally intended to view. Hope that helps
    12-07-09 11:23 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! This works great for almost all of my start start menu icons. It's been about the only thing that's been driving me crazy since I started to use OM5B2. I can't get the engadget mobile thumbnail to "fill the box", but the rest of my site thumbnails look perfect now.

Thanks again!
    I am assuming that it worked for you?
    12-07-09 02:49 PM
    I am assuming that it worked for you?
    I had the same problem and your fix worked for me. However do we only get the 9 spots on the main page? does it not scroll.. I can't seem be able to add any more snapshots to the main page.
    12-07-09 03:08 PM
    I think we only get 9 spots. Mine doesn't scroll either
    12-09-09 12:20 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to change on of the speed dial pages?

12-09-09 12:39 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to change on of the speed dial pages?

If you're asking what I think you're asking, just touch and hold over the speed dial you want, and then a little list will pop up that says "Edit" and "Clear". I think you have to just touch and hold for 3 seconds
    12-09-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD