I have a question - do I have to have a wifi connection to use it? My BB browswer would open at work today, but I kept getting an error message when trying to use opera. It said I needed to check my connection.
    12-03-09 06:30 PM
    what i noticed about both versions is text is off. like when there is text over a button, for ex search on google. the text "search" is not on the gray box. it sit lower and to the right. also some text on the page is jumbled. it may be an incompatibility with the font i have but maybe not. hope they get it cleared up on the final.
    12-03-09 07:33 PM
    its still touch only. I clicked it several times thinking it was the proper method but if you go back and only lightly touch the screen without the click, it registered the same way
    12-03-09 08:07 PM
    It is working well for me now. At first i kept getting an error and a test network connection page. I had to change the connection type from socket to http anyway the http setting doesn't seem to be noticeably slower than socket was on beta 5 1.
    12-03-09 08:20 PM
    Holy cow! This browser is so much faster than bolt!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 08:46 PM
    what i noticed about both versions is text is off. like when there is text over a button, for ex search on google. the text "search" is not on the gray box. it sit lower and to the right. also some text on the page is jumbled. it may be an incompatibility with the font i have but maybe not. hope they get it cleared up on the final.
    I have this problem also, im using the default font of blackberries. Haven't tried any other fonts though.
    12-03-09 08:55 PM
    Hit the wrench-looking icon in Opera Mini 5, then hit Exit.
    Thanks, I discovered that on my own, but really it's just been a matter of getting used to the idea that it's not using the BB OS and that I have to find the right keys elsewhere...

One problem I'm having is that one message board I post on the actually posting field (like what I'm typing in right now) just doesn't show up. It's completely gone in Opera, and I can't click into it with the BB browser. anyone have any ideas about this glitch?
    12-03-09 08:59 PM
    WOW just WOW...that is all I have to say about this. WOW
    12-03-09 09:46 PM
    Does anyone know how to change a speeddial once its already been set
    12-04-09 10:18 AM
    Does anyone know how to change a speeddial once its already been set
    just hold your finger on the speed dial tab for a couple seconds and then a option to edit or clear should appear
    12-04-09 10:21 AM
    just hold your finger on the speed dial tab for a couple seconds and then a option to edit or clear should appear
    Cheers buddy. You rule and I clearly feel like an ***** for not trying that
    12-04-09 10:32 AM
    Having an odd issue with the Beta 2 (first time using the Opera browser). I'm having a **** of a time getting radio buttons and check boxes to activate. Max resolution and I still can't get it to work. BB browser has no issues with the same web pages activating either of those functions. Is it a limitation of the browser or just a glitch with the new Beta?

Thanks, love the fricken speed of it just makes the browsing experience better. Wish they would enact more of a touch vs. click for the Storm but that's about all.
    12-04-09 10:33 AM
    What I love personally is the inclusion of tabbed browsing. Great improvement over OM 4.2. What I did miss going from 4.2 to 5b1 was the "Add Search Engine" feature. I was stuck using google and wikipedia. They fixed that in 5B2. If you go to a page that has a search box and hold your finger over the box it shows the menu with an option for adding it as a search provider. The only issue I have right now is that you can't hide the native Virtual Keyboard when you're typing in something in the URL or search bars, so you have to hold the device in portrait mode to even see your different search providers. otherwise I'm very happy being able to type using the native keyboard. Still, the best thing of all is downloads. I can actually download the latest CrackBerry Podcast or the newest OS for my BlackBerry right through the browser (so long as the pages will render properly). Downloading was a serious flaw in 5B1, but they fixed it.
    Last edited by Azothyran; 12-04-09 at 10:44 AM.
    12-04-09 10:39 AM
    The only problem I have run into is sometimes when loading new pages the screen goes white and occasionally locks up. But other than that it is FAST!!!

12-04-09 10:41 AM
    I tried downloading it and am haing issues. It times out. I have a the storm 2. Id like it to work. any suggestions? Ive removed it and redownloaded it and same issue.
    12-04-09 01:07 PM
    This beta is a major improvement. The 2 key fixes that I saw was that when you backspace to delete a letter it doesn't just delete everything. Also, the download works now in this version where as before nothing would happened when clicking on download buttons.
    12-04-09 02:18 PM
    My brother said the keyboard wouldn't work right on his storm 1 running the 5 OS.

12-04-09 04:32 PM
    For full web site access like ESPN etc...
    You could paste a full web address to the speed dial as a workaround.
    In the URL field or set up a speeddial and point it to www.espn.go.com which will load the full version of ESPN. I also have mobile view turned off in the settings

12-05-09 08:25 AM
    My brother said the keyboard wouldn't work right on his storm 1 running the 5 OS.

Works perfect for me. using it to type this message

12-05-09 08:26 AM
    Love it so far. Great that I can finally save the bookmarks using the sync function. One problem I noticed is that I can no longer use the paste function. The paste button comes up but when I touch or click it nothing happens.

12-05-09 08:36 AM
    I just downloaded it because I was curious as to how it would work. The design is very sleek! I like that. Everything loads very fast. At a first glance I didn't like this app. I don't like the fact that all you need to do is touch the screen to click. I have grown used to actually having to click, so that is something to incorporate in the next update I guess, but all in all I really like using this application! Does anybody know how to make it the default browser?
    12-05-09 01:25 PM
    I had this problem twice. I am wondering if anyone eles has had it and of there is a way to fix it. Opera will lock up and I can't do anything but exit out by holding the BB menu button. Then of it will shut down eventually and when I go to open it again it won't do anything. So I have to delete it and redownload. Has anyone eles had this problem?

12-11-09 11:23 AM
    Happened to me once. But since then I haven't had a problem. It sucks setting up your start page again.
    12-11-09 12:09 PM
    I had this problem twice. I am wondering if anyone eles has had it and of there is a way to fix it. Opera will lock up and I can't do anything but exit out by holding the BB menu button. Then of it will shut down eventually and when I go to open it again it won't do anything. So I have to delete it and redownload. Has anyone eles had this problem?

I had this happen once, two days ago. Once I got out it would not reopen. I rebooted and it was fine ever since and did not have to delete or download.
    12-11-09 12:35 PM
    ...It sucks setting up your start page again.
    Indeed it does, at least the conventional method sucks. It's a snap with Opera Link, though.
    12-11-09 12:37 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD