Opera Mini 5 beta 2 is awesome! I downloaded it today and played around with it and fell in love. It's very fast (much fast than the BB browser [then again, what isn't?]) and easy to use. I like that you have to click on the screen rather than OM 5 which you just touch the screen.
    12-02-09 09:32 PM
    hmmm. You must have a different version. I still only have to touch the screen. However, I have noticed that it is more tolerant of me accidentally clicking the screen. The last version would almost never register a click vs a touch and the new version almost always interprets them the same.

I feel like opera needs to devote dev's full time to the browser then charge for it instead of having one child working on it after school hours. Seriously, it takes forever for a new version to come out. It is so fast compared to the native browser, I would certainly pay for it. $5 for sure maybe even $10. Until the mythical Torch Browser comes out there is nothing better!
    12-02-09 09:44 PM
    I tried Beta 2 today as well. Still only had to touch the screen to navigate. Noticed that the virtual keyboard present in Beta 1 was gone and now all text inputs require the BB keyboard (I prefer this). Still unusable for me as it crashed whenever I loaded a page with a large form field.
    12-02-09 09:45 PM
    I noticed a "quirk" when loading large pages as well. The screen goes all white with a little red bar at the top. Just touch the screen and it zooms in a bit and renders the page. Annoying for sure but worth not waiting 4-6 weeks for the page to load. The MIR for my S2 came faster than pages are loading on it with the native BB browser.

And I never have gotten WIFI to work. Not to hijack the thread but using WIFI cripples my device.
    12-02-09 09:50 PM
    Using it right now and its pretty sweet no issues so far. Glad I can finally use the storms keyboard without all the hassle like before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 09:55 PM
    I am using it as well. Its fantastic.

12-02-09 10:05 PM
    I also downloaded it. I was happy about the keyboard, but my phone froze. I did a QuickPull and that seemed to help. We'll see, it is way faster.
    12-02-09 10:07 PM
    So wait, is Beta2 allowing clicks vs touch? little confused here, last i checked I had to touch
    12-02-09 10:10 PM
    touch or click, it seems to be happy with either.
    12-02-09 10:19 PM
    I found that if you click, it still registers as a touch does in the other browsers. I think that this is a habit of mine from the BB browser, but glad to see that it works. Also, I had problems from the 1st version of clicking enter on the BB keyboard and having the browser actually register the google search or URL request. That seems to be fixed. Even found the double tap sometimes works to zoom in and out, but not all the time. Great addition opera!
    12-02-09 10:22 PM
    Also I noticed when clicking links in email that you have the option to use the native browser or Opera Mini. An improvement over the first where you didn't have this option.

12-02-09 10:45 PM
    Keyboard = click, Navigation = touch

12-02-09 10:48 PM
    I cant stand that opera gives mobile style view of websites and not desktop pc style like bolt
    12-02-09 10:54 PM
    Like the new Opera, see a difference in this one and the other one...More user friendly...
    12-02-09 11:39 PM
    Just started playing with Opera... this is the heat. Waaayyy faster than BB Browser -but we all know this by now- LOL!
    12-03-09 12:37 AM
    i didn't like the first one... but this one is pretty nice!!
    12-03-09 12:53 AM
    Wow. I never understood all the negativity with the native browser until I tried this new Opera beta. This is hot. I'm a fan. I can't wait to see how it works on wifi.

12-03-09 12:55 AM
    I like it, although I did notice that I can't actually turn it off. If I hit the BB menu key the Opera menu bar pops up. I can back out of it by hitting the 'end call' button...

I like mobile view. For what I use the browser for I can see and read what I want much easier. I'd really like to see a Storm specific version, but I suspect the torch browser will be ready before that happens.
    12-03-09 07:10 AM
    Does it still have the fault of deleting everything you've written when you backspace?
    12-03-09 07:44 AM
    no, fixed...
    12-03-09 08:01 AM
    SO, this is just a BETTER browser than the BB one right? I have it running and it looks pretty sweet. I guess I'll play with it and see how I like it. I wish I could download all my firefox bookmarks into one of thee browsers so i don't have to do it manually.
    12-03-09 08:02 AM
    I like it, although I did notice that I can't actually turn it off. If I hit the BB menu key the Opera menu bar pops up. I can back out of it by hitting the 'end call' button...
    Hit the wrench-looking icon in Opera Mini 5, then hit Exit.
    12-03-09 08:34 AM
    For full web site access like ESPN etc...
    You could paste a full web address to the speed dial as a workaround.
    12-03-09 09:02 AM
    Is it me or does the Opera render some pages very poorly? Im using 5 on the 9530. I just got my S2 and am not sure I want to use it. Ive also tried adjusting settings (mobile, small font...ect) with no luck.
    If anyone has ant ideas.........
    12-03-09 10:20 AM
    Like this one much better than the original 5 beta. However, when I have to enter a username and password for a site once I enter either and hit the enter button it adds a space on the end of the username and then fouls everything up. Overall though it is very nice.
    12-03-09 05:59 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD