I hear a lot of people talking about using Opera mini. What makes this a better browser? Was it a free app? Does it use up a lot of memory to put it on your phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 10:52 PM
    Opera mini is a great app, and yes it is free. It is about 3x faster then the native blackberry browser. All you do is go to the opera site on your phone, and it will detect your devise and download it to your phone. It is not a very big app, so no it won't take up too much space.

02-19-10 12:17 AM
    1] it's free.
    2] try it and you"ll notice how better it's than the native browser.
    3] it is not memory hogging.
    02-19-10 12:43 AM
    Love Opera 5 on OS 5. On OS 4 it kinda suck.
    02-19-10 01:30 AM
    It didn't work at all for me on OS4, it was a hassle and virtually unusable so I almost took it off the phone.

Then I installed OS5 and the Opera 5 beta is awesome on that, definitely an upgrade from the native browser, but stick with Opera 4 if you're on OS4.

02-19-10 05:03 AM
    For me Opera Mini Beta 2 works great on my BB Tour with OS 4. The only complaint is the trackball sensitivity seems to change in Opera.

It didn't work at all for me on OS4, it was a hassle and virtually unusable so I almost took it off the phone.

Then I installed OS5 and the Opera 5 beta is awesome on that, definitely an upgrade from the native browser, but stick with Opera 4 if you're on OS4.

02-19-10 09:35 AM
    I am having the problem of streaming video on youtube with opera mini5 on my Nokia X3-02. It says no response. Does it mean Nokia X3-02 can't stream video from the web? Is there anybody using this phone to stream video from web on youtube?
    01-12-12 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD