interesting Opera mini 4.2 dosent require you to click you just have to double touch .. very cool... check it out !
    11-25-08 06:33 PM
    How does Opera mini compare with ease of use to the BB Browser? I'll have to check out both when I get my phone. Is Opera really that much faster? Is it easy to zoom in and out, as well as scroll? Hard to enter text?
    11-25-08 06:37 PM
    Opera Mini 4.2 render so fast it is nearly unbelievable. Unfortunately it does not play nice with the Storm's UI. In fact all keyboards (even QWERTY) act like multitap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 06:41 PM
    hmm thats not how mine is set... i have suretype and my keybored automaticly comes up.
    11-25-08 06:42 PM
    sooks, how did you download Opera mini 4.2? When i go to the download page(both on my phone or PC) it asks for Blackberry model, and it doesn't have an option for the storm? how should i download it?
    11-25-08 06:44 PM
    interesting Opera mini 4.2 dosent require you to click you just have to double touch .. very cool... check it out !
    I just touch the link. No double touch or click required. Much better than BB browser.

11-25-08 06:47 PM
    I love how everyone was touting the new Storm BBBrowser... yet now everyone is doing the same thing as with Blackberries before... using OperaMini.
    11-25-08 06:52 PM
    I love how everyone was touting the new Storm BBBrowser... yet now everyone is doing the same thing as with Blackberries before... using OperaMini.
    I for one love the bb browser and don't like the lack of click on the opera min browser.

11-25-08 06:58 PM
    Can anyone help me and answer my question in my above post??
    11-25-08 07:00 PM
    Can anyone help me and answer my question in my above post??
    I would be interested too...
    11-25-08 07:01 PM
    http://mini.opera.com/beta/mini.jad?...e&edition=hifi

OTA download link. Does that work on The Storm?

11-25-08 07:02 PM
    Every time i rotate screen it asks my permission to reconfigure the page
    11-25-08 07:11 PM
    I don't see the difference from the BB Browser to the Opera Mini one; they seem the same too me :\ i prefer to use the BB Brower's UI, its prettier for me
    11-25-08 07:15 PM
    http://mini.opera.com/beta/mini.jad?...e&edition=hifi

OTA download link. Does that work on The Storm?

Thanks, it worked for me. For the first time since leaving my iPhone, I can see my OWN blog. Whew. That was bugging me.
    11-25-08 07:22 PM
    I got it. thanks!

the keyboard doesn't pop up when i click the www. though? how do i get the keyboard to show besides having to go to "show keyboard" all the time?
    11-25-08 07:23 PM
    OperaMini is awesome. Its stupid fast, they just need to tweek it a little bit for the storm. But 2 thumbs up for Opera! Im even running it on my pc now, FAST!
    11-25-08 07:28 PM
    When I go in my browser setting it says I'm using "Internet Browser" is this the same as BB Browser...if not how do I change it?
    11-26-08 09:27 AM
    I downloaded Opera Mini on the Storm and did not like it because it's not MADE for it yet and the touch interface so it was a pain in the arse in many areas. As soon as they make a version for the Storm, I'm in.
    11-26-08 09:35 AM
    the keyboard doesn't pop up when i click the www. though? how do i get the keyboard to show besides having to go to "show keyboard" all the time?
    I have the same problem. I even have the right-side convenience key programmed to bring the keyboard up but, it doesn't with Opera Mini.

Also. I see very few options in the "Settings" tab. I can only get it to view Mobile web pages. There's a check box for "Mobile view" and even though it's unchecked, I'm still getting cnn.com/mobile.

For me, being able to view the "real" internet was/is the biggest deal with the BB browser. Set it to identify itself as Internet Explorer and you get to see the "real" web (minus the Flash).

Am I missing something here?
    11-26-08 09:49 AM
    4.1 works as well guys! As for www. i just google things then set them as bookmarks after first use.

Will be better with a little fine tuning by Opera
    11-26-08 12:25 PM
    I will admit I have OM installed on my Storm, but I do not like it as much as the BB browser. I dont like how you dont have to click. Maybe when it is optimized for the Storm, itll be better.
    11-26-08 12:50 PM
    peeps tend to stick with what they know i guess!
    11-26-08 01:11 PM
    Hey all! New to crackberry and BB. Seen many postings about opera mini, was wondering if anyone can give me any info on it as well how to set it up in my BB. I have already downloaded and was wondering how I access it and is it better then my original browser. Originally set up with google, but is slow at times or wont load games like pogo. Any info be great! Thx.
    02-15-09 09:07 PM
    Holy thread revival batman!

Any downloads would be found in the downloads folder. Is Opera better? Depends, I prefer Bolt or the original BB browser, but there are a lot of people who prefer it over the other available browsers.
    02-15-09 10:33 PM
    wow, gotta say i'm really really impressed! I'm not having any of the above mentioned problems with the keyboard, and this browser is wicked! So fast!! Its super-duper!
    04-21-09 09:12 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD