Is Opera Mini the best Browser to run on my 8900, I running .231.

Thanks for your feedback.
    08-12-09 12:18 PM
    My opinion on that is "No" but everyone that posts here is going to have a different answer. There is no "Best Browser" for the 8900. Basically you need to try out the available browsers and then choose the one that works best for you.
    08-12-09 12:24 PM
    Its free so give it try and see you like it...im gonna try it once i get my 8900 but i've been running them on my 8300 and 8130 and i prefer it to the BB browser...
    08-12-09 12:40 PM
    It is much faster than the bb browser. I have had 3g phones and I would compare the speed of opera to that of 3g.
    08-12-09 12:45 PM
    But when I tried it I did not like how it scrolled. I like having my trackball as a mouse and move it were I want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 12:59 PM
    How does the scrolling process work...
    08-12-09 01:12 PM
    My opinion on that is "No" but everyone that posts here is going to have a different answer. There is no "Best Browser" for the 8900. Basically you need to try out the available browsers and then choose the one that works best for you.
    Really? There's not "best" browser? WOW, I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it for myself. He was obviously asking your opinion, and stop being dumb.
    08-12-09 01:17 PM
    the bb browser seems to be the best for me i have tried opera and bolt went back to bb
    08-12-09 01:20 PM
    Really? There's not "best" browser? WOW, I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it for myself. He was obviously asking your opinion, and stop being dumb.
    You were better off not posting. I gave the guy the best advice he is going to get from anyone else that posts in this thread. Move along now and go do something useful.

P.S. Calling me dumb ... funny and big mistake on your part.
    08-12-09 01:22 PM
    Scrolling it just highlights the words as you go up or down. I like having the little point icon to point to what I want.

08-12-09 02:08 PM
    Is Opera Mini the best Browser to run on my 8900, I running .231.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Like other said, the best is whatever you happen to like.

In my case I use BB, Opera and Bolt.

BB is the default for any links in email or that type of thing...and is a really good brower IMO. I have Opera because I need it to access my bank accounts that the BB browser isn't compatible with. Generally speaking it seems quite a bit faster than the BB browser for many sites (Flickr.com for example, which I happen to use a lot). Recently I've started using Bolt too...I'm honestly only using it because I can play Mafia Wars through facebook on it.

They're all free...just try them out and delete if you don't like/need them. I feel that I need them all.

Scrolling it just highlights the words as you go up or down. I like having the little point icon to point to what I want.

In Operas setting un-check the mobile view box I believe...that should give you the regular cursor you're looking for.
    08-12-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD