I tried to download Opera Mini this morning from getjar and I am being told that I can't download because of insufficient memory. I have a 4GB card with 3GB of space free. What am I doing wrong ?
    08-02-09 09:32 AM
    Its not the memory card that needs the room its the internal memory in your phone go into options> status you probably have no free memory you'll have to delete some applications

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 09:38 AM
    Wow , I don't have that much on this thing. Other than what was on it when I got it, I have facebook , Pandora and BB App World and that is about it. I cleared out all of my old messages ect .... and I deleted the Trooper type thing and a few other things and now have a little under 5 MB free. Can you get more internal memory or do you just have to keep deleting apps ?
    08-02-09 03:40 PM
    You have to keep deleting apps removing themes clearing internet cache... Press and hold alt and type l , g, l, g clear that out as well and pull battery ... You should atleast maintain a 10 mb internal memory

08-02-09 04:08 PM
    Also the facebook app does take up a lot of memory

08-02-09 04:09 PM
    dude its your application memory. Check your app memory by going to options-memory. Let me know what your app memory reads and then i will help you with the next step. PM me if that is more efficient for you.
    08-02-09 04:10 PM
    bolt is good, it works good for me.
    08-02-09 06:00 PM
    dude its your application memory. Check your app memory by going to options-memory. Let me know what your app memory reads and then i will help you with the next step. PM me if that is more efficient for you.
    wow are you blind, read up two posts i just gave him steps to do so an he upped his memory plus he said he had a memory of 5mb free.. what help would you be for him if you dont even read what hes posting..
    08-02-09 07:07 PM
    Use bb desktop manager to delete any apps you don't use... Move any pictures from onboard to your microSD card and delete/move the preloaded ringtones.

08-02-09 11:07 PM
    You have to keep deleting apps removing themes clearing internet cache... Press and hold alt and type l , g, l, g clear that out as well and pull battery ... You should atleast maintain a 10 mb internal memory

What is that? where do u do that?
    08-03-09 01:43 PM
    On the main screen its keyboard command bottom left button is alt

08-03-09 07:19 PM
    yeah i know that :P

but where do i do that? i tried at the home screen i didnt see anything happen
    08-03-09 08:35 PM
    Nothing happened on the home screen? Press and hold alt while typing L, G , L, G

08-03-09 09:33 PM
    Did you remove the per-installed sample video, music, pictures and carrier themes? Right there is about 4 MB. A great little application to use to get rid of all that stuff is CrackMem. Do a search for it here then download it to your computer. Easy to use just read the directions.

08-04-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD