I am not sure if it is coincidental but after downloading the new Opera version, I have been getting a memory leak.

I did notice in my 3 party app list that Opera now has 2 listings. One says Opera Mini 5.0 which was installed just a few days ago, and the other says operetteb$2dhifi. The description for this is unavailable, but it shows that it is from Opera Mini Beta which is not on my phone any more. There is no way to delete this only an "edit permissions" button.

Does anyone else have this extra listing when downloading the new version of Opera, and if there is a way to delete it, will it effect the new version.

Thanks!
    03-20-10 07:04 AM
    I don't have the other one showing up in my app list. However, I've been using the new opera for a few days now and I haven't noticed any memory leaks. I use meterberry to track my memory after installing any new apps and haven't had any issues with opera. Maybe you can try removing it from your phone, battery pull and then reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 07:16 AM
    I don't have the other one showing up in my app list. However, I've been using the new opera for a few days now and I haven't noticed any memory leaks. I use meterberry to track my memory after installing any new apps and haven't had any issues with opera. Maybe you can try removing it from your phone, battery pull and then reinstall.

Problem is I can not delete the other listing which is probably the one giving me the leak. Just a guess of course.
    03-20-10 07:18 AM
    Did you try removing it with desktop manager?

03-20-10 07:33 AM
    No is this an easy process? Usually I just delete them from from 3rd party app list. I have BBsak as well with the cod's listed. I guess I could probably delete it from there as well.
    03-20-10 07:35 AM
    Yea... I guess its worth a try.

03-20-10 07:37 AM
    I've noticed the memory leak as well. I don't have the extra listing though. I'll try what sandesh_vg suggested; hopefully that'll work.

03-20-10 08:25 AM
    I think I am also having memory leak issues after upgrading to new version of Opera. I completely deleted the beta, battery pulled and then installed new version.
    03-20-10 09:24 AM
    I just did a clean install, and the new build is definitely faster than the previous build I had. I'm using it now, and I'm not getting the hourglass after 5mins of using OM.
    03-20-10 09:34 AM
    I deleted the new Opera Mini and now my memory leak is gone.... I hope there is a update to fix this soon.
    03-20-10 10:36 AM
    I deleted the new Opera Mini and now my memory leak is gone.... I hope there is a update to fix this soon.
    Try redownloading OM; it fixed the memory leak for me.
    03-20-10 11:04 AM
    I never had a memory LEAK, just heavy memory usage. Esp when image quality is set to high. If I left Opera running in the background, it would easily use up 8-10MB. I now use "Med" quality images and close it out when I am finished with each session.

Bolt was the same way, fwiw.
    03-20-10 01:48 PM
    Huge mem leak here. I went from virtually no leak to 20 megs in 2 days conistenely. Removed opera and no more leak.

03-20-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD