Ive downloaded and installed Opera mini on my bb 8330 and everything went smoothly up until i wanted to download a picture to the phone. it routed me to the native browser, but i don't have a blackberry service plan, but i do have the unlimited everything plan by sprint. i did a little reading and figured out that bb's with firmware 4.2 or greater dont have JSR-75. does anyone know how to install this JSR-75 to my phone so that downloading would be possible via opera mini?
    11-09-08 08:41 PM
    Wonder if any one can help with this problem?I tried to down load operamini to my new sprint 8130 blackberry pearl and it wouldn't saying insufficient space and I have a 2 gb sd card!the other thing the operamini is 4.1 my blackberry browser is 4.3 so I'm even wondering if this would even be better?everyone speaks so high of it, has any one with the new sprint blackberry 8130 rated for sprint speed downloaded this operamini which seems like a down grade to their phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 05:17 AM
    I'm back !couldn't download operamini 4 but downloaded 3 and that sucks!my blackberry 4.3 is way way faster!And the opera google search didn't even bring up certain sights my BB browser did!I actually went back on my BB to get certain page which was videos4blackberry.info to try and download straight from my phone a movie that my BB failed to do and opera couldn't either and even froze!so if my BB can't do something ill keep doing what I've always have with larger files, hook up to the good old pc!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 03:44 AM
    Ive downloaded and installed Opera mini on my bb 8330 and everything went smoothly up until i wanted to download a picture to the phone. it routed me to the native browser, but i don't have a blackberry service plan, but i do have the unlimited everything plan by sprint. i did a little reading and figured out that bb's with firmware 4.2 or greater dont have JSR-75. does anyone know how to install this JSR-75 to my phone so that downloading would be possible via opera mini?

Closest thing I've seen is that OS 4.5 should have JSR-75 capability, but can't confirm. I was holding off on downloading Opera for just this reason, it's a dealbreaker for me. That being said, there are just as many peeps here who say that BB Browser is just as good, or better. Does Opera allow you to zoom in? I've got one or two e-mails that I can't read on my Pearl, and it's not b/c of the small screen...
    11-11-08 10:09 AM
    Closest thing I've seen is that OS 4.5 should have JSR-75 capability, but can't confirm. I was holding off on downloading Opera for just this reason, it's a dealbreaker for me. That being said, there are just as many peeps here who say that BB Browser is just as good, or better. Does Opera allow you to zoom in? I've got one or two e-mails that I can't read on my Pearl, and it's not b/c of the small screen...
    yea it can zoom in. and the problem is not directly with opera. opera HAS JSR- 75 capability. but the blackberry itself gets rid of it when the firmware is upgraded past 4.2, is there a way to add the JSR-75 back on to it?
    11-15-08 11:09 PM
    I thought I had read that JSR-75 capability wasn't available until OS 4.5...
    11-17-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD