I have a bold 9000 on os 5.0.0.314. I downloaded from Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free ota and it would freeze over and over, had the same issues as everyone else using a trackball. This is because it is installing opera V4.7 which is only for the touchscreen storm. So I found in the opera forums the info and link below. I downloaded v4.3 which is for everything 4.3 and up EXCEPT for storm OSs, unziped and tried installing from DM and it errored out saying not compatible with my bold. So I opened up BBSAK (BB swiss army knife v1.7) and installed the COD that route. Worked, and OM 5v2 is working MUCH better. Trackball works to click, select, etc.... no more freezes, atleast as of yet... might be worth trying this if it didn't work the first time.

Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.2.x is for OS 4.2.1 up to 4.3.
    Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.3.x is for OS 4.3 up to 4.7
    Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.7.x is for OS 4.7 only - touch devices, but we will try to get this to work for OS 5 soon, too.

Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world

I also did a clean install, which may/may not have mattered. Deleted the old beta, reset phone and installed new via BBSAK.

I hope it works for everyone else, because IMHO there have been some major improvements from v1 to v2. I had actually stopped using v1 and gone to Bolt, now I may be back.
    12-02-09 11:00 AM
    Why would you need to use BBSAK? Wouldnt desktop manager work just the same?

I too figured out that the last version was for touchscreen users and installed the second version, but this also froze the heck out of my Tour. Looking for Beta 1 download...
    12-02-09 11:03 AM
    Why would you need to use BBSAK? Wouldnt desktop manager work just the same?

I too figured out that the last version was for touchscreen users and installed the second version, but this also froze the heck out of my Tour. Looking for Beta 1 download...
    DM (Desktop manager) gave me an error when installing the COD, saying that it was not compatible with my bold. So for the heck of it, I tried using BBSAK since you can force install vs DM which has built in safty features to try to keep you from installing something that will brick your device. Kind of the same concept as installing a beta OS via apploader.exe instead of using desktop manager to install.
    12-02-09 11:10 AM
    DM (Desktop manager) gave me an error when installing the COD, saying that it was not compatible with my bold. So for the heck of it, I tried using BBSAK since you can force install vs DM which has built in safty features to try to keep you from installing something that will brick your device. Kind of the same concept as installing a beta OS via apploader.exe instead of using desktop manager to install.
    Ok, Im going to give it a whirl...wish me luck, lol.
    12-02-09 11:16 AM
    Wel, you sir are a brainiac. It actualy worked, the only issue Im running into now is the font. Its small as heck even after I changed it to large under the settings. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    12-02-09 11:30 AM
    works for me! Bold 9700
    12-02-09 11:42 AM
    Wel, you sir are a brainiac. It actualy worked, the only issue Im running into now is the font. Its small as heck even after I changed it to large under the settings. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    Sweet! I am glad it worked.

Try playing with turning mobile view on and off. While its off, use 5 to zoom in and out.
    12-02-09 12:27 PM
    Worked great on my 9700! Great find!
    12-02-09 02:09 PM
    Keeps freezing on my 8900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 06:43 PM
    worked like a champ. thanks
    12-02-09 07:51 PM
    works much better for me! actually usable for me unlike beta 1
    12-02-09 08:35 PM
    i tried every way untill this one, the opera 5v2 finally works on my tour.

thanks buddy
    12-03-09 09:25 AM
    i tried every way untill this one, the opera 5v2 finally works on my tour.

thanks buddy

My Pleasure, glad it works. I am just glad to be able to help a few people out here. I have gotten so much out of these forums, feels good to return the favor once in a while!
    12-03-09 09:55 AM
    I tried the alternative OTA link for my Bold 9000 OS 4.6.0.297, but I'm having the same issues as before with the "wrong" Beta 2. Mainly, when you view a page "fit to screen" (zoomed out) the page "whites out" until you zoom in.

Going back to Beta 1 again until that's fixed.
    12-03-09 12:15 PM
    No issues loading beta 2 on my tour with 4.7. Scrolling around is still jumpy and laggy, like every previous opera version though. That makes it unusable for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 12:42 PM
    I guess that I am a dummy, as all I got was a white screen. I'm not familiar with BBSAK, but I did d/l it Maybe a step-by-step on the whole procedure? Any help would be appreciated.
    12-03-09 01:24 PM
    - download and install BBSAK 1.7
    - download and unzip opera-mini-5.0.16831-advanced-en-fw4.3
    - delete old versions of opera from your phone and do a battery pull/reboot if you are not prompted to
    - once it has rebooted, connect to your PC and open up BBSAK
    - once it is connected to your blackberry, on the left side of BBSAK click on the modify COD tab, click install COD, find the COD operette-hifi-en-fw43 that you unzipped, highlight and click on open. it should then install it.
    12-03-09 02:45 PM
    hmmm...gonna try this fix right now. I have a Tour. I really liked opera mini 5 beta so hopefully it works.
    12-05-09 03:35 PM
    hmmm...gonna try this fix right now. I have a Tour. I really liked opera mini 5 beta so hopefully it works.
    Good luck! I have heard positive results from a few tour owners , so hopefully you will find the same.
    12-05-09 05:50 PM
    good news! it worked! thanks for posting this fix.
    12-05-09 05:57 PM
    sorry but no app is worth all of that trouble, especially when its just a buggy beta.
    12-06-09 04:05 PM
    opera mini 5 seems promising, but removed after experiencing all of the bugs..have an 8330 running a 5.0 hybrid.

i dl'ed files you had said and unzipped them..loaded the .alx via DM and loaded the .cod via BBSAK..waiting for the phone to reboot now..thanks, hope it works.
    12-07-09 12:53 AM
    sorry but no app is worth all of that trouble, especially when its just a buggy beta.
    I respect your opinion and I have nothing to gain or lose if you use opera beta 2 or not. But just to let you know, IMHO and from my experience with Beta 2 on MY phone, there really are no bugs to speak of. It works as advertised, no freezes anymore, trackball works great, etc... and the OTA download posted later on in this thread is pretty easy, right to your phone. The only thing I would do, is just delete any older version of opera. I am not trying to pressure you into d/l-ing it, or using it. Just want to make sure you know the facts and can decide from there.
    12-07-09 08:29 AM
    opera mini 5 seems promising, but removed after experiencing all of the bugs..have an 8330 running a 5.0 hybrid.

i dl'ed files you had said and unzipped them..loaded the .alx via DM and loaded the .cod via BBSAK..waiting for the phone to reboot now..thanks, hope it works.

Just an FYI - You do not need to load the .alx at all. The alx is not the file to put on your phone, the alx, I believe, is the file that DM uses to load the .cod onto your phone. If I understand .alx's right, basically qwhat you did was install beta 2 twice. once from DM and again from BBSAK. Loading it via DM has had issues for some users. If it doesn't work and you still want to try it, delete from your phone and load just from BBSAK.
    12-07-09 08:33 AM
    good news! it worked! thanks for posting this fix.
    No problem at all. I am glad it works!
    12-07-09 08:34 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD