As the title states I'm curious if it is possible to set opera 5beta as the default browser for my bb9530. I believe with the bolt browser you can.

Ex. When I open links on msn and bbm etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 10:31 AM
    I've done a ton of searching and posting all over the internet and unfortunately the answer seems to be no. Maybe a final version will have the capability?

I experimented with bolt for awhile and I was able to make it default. But I haven't had any luck with Opera Mini 5-beta.

Maybe someone with more experience and know-how can help?
    01-22-10 03:55 PM
    Ccrunner well I've found when I do click links in my emails it does give the option to open with default browser or opera browser. I did not know this but that's pretty good. My only problem is I don't know how to zoom then its perfect browser for me.

01-22-10 04:01 PM
    That's odd. When I click on a link, say from email, a menu pops up giving me the choice to either open it in the native browser or in OperaMini. Maybe your Storm version doesn't have that, I don't know.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-22-10 at 04:04 PM.
    01-22-10 04:01 PM
    Oops. Blackmarket beat me to it. We posted at the same time

01-22-10 04:05 PM
    Yea I noticed that thanks for trying to help appreciate it

01-22-10 04:08 PM
    hmmm.... maybe i'm the one with trouble. haha. I've never had that option?

My regular native browser seems to take over.
    I'll have to look into it... got me wondering now. haha
    01-22-10 05:48 PM
    What os are you running?

01-22-10 05:52 PM

If i click a link in my email it just automatically brings up the blackberry browser. I still have opera in my downloads folder. I doubt that would make a difference?
    01-22-10 06:16 PM
    Hmm well I'm running 4.7.0.122 so umm what version of opera are you running other than that I have no clue this is my first day using opera. I'm using the opera 5 beta.

01-22-10 06:23 PM
    i'm using the 5 beta also... I'm not sure. might be an os5 issue.

I click a link in my email and the blackberry browser takes over. I even went into my options to try and change things around but didn't have any luck. That's where I looked all over for information. Came up empty handed. Oh well... Thanks for the effort tho.

Sorry i kinda led you astray...
    01-22-10 06:36 PM
    If you're in a text email or text message and click the track ball/pad, you should be able to open the link in either Opera Mini or the default bowser via the menu. If you're in an html email, you won't see the Opera Mini selection.
    01-22-10 09:09 PM
    If you're in a text email or text message and click the track ball/pad, you should be able to open the link in either Opera Mini or the default bowser via the menu. If you're in an html email, you won't see the Opera Mini selection.
    That makes sense... Thanks for the info!

01-23-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD