I think if you give this a shot, learn the new features and differences, you'll find it is a very powerful and quick upgrade from 4.2.

Somethings to note:
    - Don't use the enter key, use the trackball 1 click when you normally would hit enter. this prevents the freeze.
    - Holding the trackball in will bring up additional in page options. i.e. select, cut and paste text, get full images, etc....
    - instead of scrolling with the trackball, try using 2,4,6 and 8. Holding down will scroll pages at a time. VERY functional.
    - Tabs work VERY well. Much easier to switch and go to old tabs than the native browser on 5.0 when it had tabs
    - hold trackball in over links and you get multiple options
    - cut and pasting works pretty well
    - no more instances of half of your images loading on some pages

Once learning a few of these nuiances, I haven't had mine freeze once.
    09-16-09 01:45 PM
    Also, Leaving the inline editor on will prevent most of the freezes that some are seeing in the app. With inline editor on and using the trackball single click instead of enter and I have had ZERO freezes.
    09-16-09 02:38 PM
    Also, for deleting text, if you scroll to the right on the trackball after it deletes the text you want it to delete, this will stop it from deleting all of your text.
    09-16-09 02:39 PM
    Altough Operamini seems to become the default browser once downloaded, with Ubertwitter Beta 5, you have the option to get a link in your regular browser, or the OM browser. If you hold the trackball, you will be forwarded to the link via OM. But, if you click the menu button, you have the option to "Open via Opera Mini", or "Get Link."

Also, I have noticed that my .jad files don't work w/Opera Mini. I have received texts that have the files for download, but once forwarded to OM, I have a blank screen. I have to copy the link from my text msg and paste into my regular browser. Hopefully this is just a Beta issue and OM will fix before the release.
    09-16-09 03:43 PM
    Anyone been able to change/remove the top three default "speed dial" sites Myopera, BBC and Wiki?
    09-16-09 03:46 PM
    Anyone been able to change/remove the top three default "speed dial" sites Myopera, BBC and Wiki?
    Click on the one to be deleted/edited > press "1" (clear/edit)
    09-16-09 04:08 PM
    Installed it this morning also seems to run real well on my Storm. One question, is there a way to have a different start page other than the speed dial page?
    09-16-09 04:30 PM
    i'm using mini beta 5 on lyricidals beta 5.0 hybrid. Installed fine and loaded first page, then loaded fonts and hung after that trying to load EULA. Set app permissions to allow all and did battery pull. same thing. launched app again and this time message popped up saying it could not load the EULA and gave box to exit. did 2 battery pulls and launched again....HOLLA...working like a freakin champ..
    09-16-09 04:36 PM
    anyone know how to use the #1 shortcut to get to the address bar? When I try it it just stays there and I have to push the return/back button. Right now I'm using the bb menu button to bring up the address bar. Also, anyone know how to scroll through tabs? In the help section it says to use the left/right keys, obviously bb keyboard doesn't have those buttons.
    09-16-09 04:43 PM
    it does not even accept my entered address by pressing enter... Removed it
    09-16-09 04:50 PM
    Thank you. This was driving me nuts.
    09-16-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I didnt know about holding the trackball down to get more options. Tabs and being able to open links in a separate tab is priceless. No more having to have multiple browsers open.
    Last edited by r3g; 09-16-09 at 05:07 PM.
    09-16-09 04:56 PM
    Nice, Thank you.
    09-16-09 05:08 PM
    Can I choose which browser to open from links in emails? Some links I may not want to open in Opera.

Edit: I just realized that html emails with links open in Blackberry Browser and ones in plain text emails open in Opera.
    Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 09-16-09 at 06:01 PM.
    09-16-09 05:57 PM
    Two really annoying issues that keeps me from using this as my main browser.

1. How do you get rid of that annoying zoom box every time it it loads a page? Can we set it up so it automatically zoom and not have to click the trackball everytime?

2. On in line editing, when you want to erase a single character it erase the whole phrase! Any way to get around this?
    09-16-09 06:47 PM
    anyone know how to use the #1 shortcut to get to the address bar? When I try it it just stays there and I have to push the return/back button. Right now I'm using the bb menu button to bring up the address bar. Also, anyone know how to scroll through tabs? In the help section it says to use the left/right keys, obviously bb keyboard doesn't have those buttons.
    Exactly. What are these arrow keys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 07:22 PM
    Scrolling down with the Space Bar doesn't seem to work anymore.
    09-16-09 07:59 PM
    2, 4, 6, And 8 are used for directional scrolling.

09-16-09 08:38 PM
    is it me or can you not save images?..
    09-16-09 08:53 PM
    2, 4, 6, And 8 are used for directional scrolling.

The previous version used had that feature, along with scrolling down with the Space Bar.
    09-16-09 09:46 PM
    When it installed, the default font size was small. This made it impossible at times to select a page from a vertical list, as in:
    etc.

Changed font to medium and now it's fine. Hope that helps someone.
    09-16-09 10:10 PM
    Exactly. What are these arrow keys?

I have the same question. what keys are you people pushing to make the tabs come up? and what are the keys to cycle through them. . .
    09-16-09 10:45 PM
    to use the shortcuts you have to shift then caps then 1. on my 8110 the tab scroll doesnt work bc the arrows are the 2,4,6,8 keys, but shift sym then a number is the speed dial shortcut. hope thia helps
    09-17-09 12:35 AM
    Two really annoying issues that keeps me from using this as my main browser.

1. How do you get rid of that annoying zoom box every time it it loads a page? Can we set it up so it automatically zoom and not have to click the trackball everytime?

2. On in line editing, when you want to erase a single character it erase the whole phrase! Any way to get around this?
    for #1 try going to setting and turning mobile view on. for #2 hit the delete key and then roll the trackball to the right once it has deleted what you wanted to delete
    09-17-09 08:23 AM
    [cantQUOTE=pookguy88;3603649]anyone know how to use the #1 shortcut to get to the address bar? When I try it it just stays there and I have to push the return/back button. Right now I'm using the bb menu button to bring up the address bar. Also, anyone know how to scroll through tabs? In the help section it says to use the left/right keys, obviously bb keyboard doesn't have those buttons.[/QUOTE]

when you hit #1 it does bring up a text box but you cant see it. must be a glitch in the beta. try hitting #1 then typing in www . google . com or something and then click the trackball. it will work.
    09-17-09 08:26 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD