Have had not one problem with 5. It's the best browser I've used for the storm. I personally do not have ONE problem with it.
    11-09-09 03:56 PM
    Have had not one problem with 5. It's the best browser I've used for the storm. I personally do not have ONE problem with it.
    Exactly, I don't get it how people can't get this to work???
    Pretty sad.
    11-10-09 12:08 AM

- I'm still trying to figure out the tabbed pages and how to assign pages to the "Quick Links" (which is separate from bookmarks).
    - I can't figure out how to bookmark a page from that page's browser window.
    - I would also love to know if there is a way to import my bookmarks from the BB Browser rather than having to re-enter them all in Opera.

IMO, Opera 5 has loads of potential on the Storm. I would love to hear from anyone else who has been successful in tweeking Opera 5 for the Storm.

Rich
    Cannot import BB bookmarks as of this beta release...

You need to bookmark the page first, then bring up the navigation pop up, and select the page icon, then hit an empty tab...which will bring up the tab menu (with wiki, opera and BBC news)

Then keep your finger over an empty tab slot, until it either says edit or assign....then import the bookmark to that slot.
    11-10-09 12:12 AM
    Anyone having connection issues with 4.2 or 5?
    When I initially click on a link or even a bookmark it takes forever to connect I simply cancel by hitting the back button and click again and it works.

For some reason I can't search the site right now and can't remember if there was a fix for this issue. Anyone have any ideas? Opera is far better than BB browser but this gets real annoying at times.
    11-10-09 08:05 AM
    I like the final version of Bolt. Sure I have to click menu more at times, but it is stable and it works. I just had to learn to overcome how to click on small icons. Its been great for my fantasy football sites.
    11-10-09 10:35 AM
    4.2/3 > BETA 5.0

I tired using the Beta 5.0 OM and it sucked bad. The browser would lock time after time after time, i'd even close 5.0 go to 4.2 open it go to the site wait for it to fully load and go back and 5.0 still wouldn't load. close it down go back it to and it'd load perfectly.

Just wait till you get a link in a EMail/SMS/BBM and you go to open it and it takes you to OM5B and you have to only view that link...

and the font... what size .5 ... need a telescope to see it.....

Opera 5 is a horrible over all experience for a BB user.
    11-10-09 03:27 PM
    4.2/3 > BETA 5.0

I tired using the Beta 5.0 OM and it sucked bad. The browser would lock time after time after time, i'd even close 5.0 go to 4.2 open it go to the site wait for it to fully load and go back and 5.0 still wouldn't load. close it down go back it to and it'd load perfectly.

Just wait till you get a link in a EMail/SMS/BBM and you go to open it and it takes you to OM5B and you have to only view that link...

and the font... what size .5 ... need a telescope to see it.....

Opera 5 is a horrible over all experience for a BB user.
    Wow, you're so fkcin cool dude!!!!
    Here, how's this:

Opera 5 > YOU!!!

1.) There is a button (to the right) that looks like a wrench....
    -Let's pretend it's called "Tools" -just for giggles, k?

2.) Next, there is what appears to be a "Cog" -let's call it Settings, for fun
    3.) Among other features...FONT SIZE is one of them...Guess what to do?

4.) My Opera 5 works blazing fast, tabs all work and function and never had a lock up, perhaps "You're doing it wrong?"

I open up links via the option to open them up in Opera Mini, and it just works, and fast too!

Opera 5 is an awesome experience, provided you know what you are doing.
    If you want mindless browsing (and far slower?) Stick with something that doesn't require you to use some critical thinking skills
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 11-11-09 at 12:22 AM.
    11-11-09 12:19 AM
    Here, how's this:

Opera 5 > YOU!!!

4.) My Opera 5 works blazing fast, tabs all work and function and never had a lock up, perhaps "You're doing it wrong?"

I open up links via the option to open them up in Opera Mini, and it just works, and fast too!

If you want mindless browsing (and far slower?) Stick with something that doesn't require you to use some critical thinking skills

Ruthless! Hey, I'm with you though,it's a much better browser than the BB browser.Opera takes a bit of getting used to,but once you do it's pretty good stuff.
    11-11-09 03:07 AM
    Opera 5.0 ftw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 03:27 AM
    trying to delete/change 1st page I guess it is desktop...has 9 saved pages and can't seem to get the menu up long enough to delete...any ideas? Thanks!!

using 5.0 beta...
    11-11-09 06:25 AM
    I think you are asking how to delete the short cuts on the "main" page. Just press and hold and a little box will pop up and you can select delete.
    11-11-09 08:09 AM
    yes..shortcuts that's it....thanks!!

Opera 5 works good...might keep me from the droid....BB browser absolutely stinks!!
    11-11-09 11:23 AM
    Here, how's this:

Opera 5 > YOU!!!

Awesome, I love it. I can't stand it when "IDIOTS" bash apps when they don't know how to use it and then all of a sudden the app is junk or not advanced enough HELLO people, the term "Smartphone" isn't just a name, it does require a little technical skills to use them and if you can't, maybe it's not for you then.
    11-12-09 06:08 PM
    I find myself using three browsers - native for OTA, Opera 5.0 and Bolt for everything else. I'm digging Opera 5.0 but I still think Bolt has the edge. Opera has more features like speed dial though and it's interface is slick. They're about the same speed but Bolt seems to be able to load more pages properly. Bolt is the only browser that I can do my online banking with and Opera struggles to load CrackBerry, if at all, so to me Bolt is the better browser.
    11-12-09 06:20 PM
    is anyone elses not working? It was working great then a few days ago it stopped. When I enter an address it just loads forever. Any thoughts? Thanks

11-12-09 08:04 PM
    I find myself using three browsers - native for OTA, Opera 5.0 and Bolt for everything else. I'm digging Opera 5.0 but I still think Bolt has the edge. Opera has more features like speed dial though and it's interface is slick. They're about the same speed but Bolt seems to be able to load more pages properly. Bolt is the only browser that I can do my online banking with and Opera struggles to load CrackBerry, if at all, so to me Bolt is the better browser.
    When trying to load Crackberry in Opera, use " m1.crackberry.com " it opens almost instantly on mine, it's the new mobile site.
    11-13-09 06:36 AM
    quick question: how do you erase a bookmark? It's easy to create a bookmark, but editing bookmarks has so far proved to be difficult for me .
    I guess OM 5.0 >> me lol
    11-13-09 09:39 AM
    All of you people that say opera 5 is fantastic and adding that the BB browser sucks...

Have you used opera 4.2 for an extensive period of time and now upgraded to opera 5? Or did you just start using opera and started with version 5?

11-13-09 10:59 AM
    5.0 beta only connects to mobile sites on cnn, nytimes, etc. Turning of "mobile view" in settings does not help.

Opera 4.2 had a config setting to disallow sites from detecting your device and auto-directing to their mobile sites. I can't find this settings in the config menu on Opera 5 - anyone know how to do this? If I want cnn mobile I'll just use the BB browser!
    11-13-09 04:41 PM
    All of you people that say opera 5 is fantastic and adding that the BB browser sucks...

Have you used opera 4.2 for an extensive period of time and now upgraded to opera 5? Or did you just start using opera and started with version 5?

I started with 4.2 on my S1 and went to 5.0 since it came out and have been using on my S2 and it's so much faster connecting with WiFi. I have to admit when using the network it did seem 4.2 was a little faster, but I LOVE the UI of 5.0 and have gotten quite fluent with it.
    11-13-09 05:45 PM

I came from Opera 4.2 since its introduction.
    Before this, BB native browser which I use strictly for moodio.fm and OTA downloading. Opera 5 is a good looking, and great functioning browser.

5.0 beta only connects to mobile sites on cnn, nytimes, etc. Turning of "mobile view" in settings does not help.

Opera 4.2 had a config setting to disallow sites from detecting your device and auto-directing to their mobile sites. I can't find this settings in the config menu on Opera 5 - anyone know how to do this? If I want cnn mobile I'll just use the BB browser!
    Turning off mobile view does not work on all sites, however (usually at the bottom) of said site, you can turn on fully browser if it supports it, then you're good. Example: Google.com, there is a classic view=full.

It's also a Beta, this will be fixed when it is fully released.
    BTW, Opera 5.0 Beta basically compressed full websites, which is why it loads so quick.
    11-18-09 03:25 PM
    Dl'd .624 on my Sprint Tour. Opera 4.2 wouldn't work as it wouldn't select any bookmarks, i.e., when I clicked a bookmark nothing would happen. So I dl'd Opera 5.0.

Dig the speed dial concept...but, hate the icons that Opera generates for it.

When I visit crackberry's website and click the + symbol at the bottom of the front page nothing happens...the list of blog entries doesn't expand like it did in 4.2.

When I click on crackberry links in the forums...it just reloads the forum page over and over.

Lastly, and most importantly...I hate that I have to roll the arrow down the page. In 4.2 you could roll the ball and the scrolling was nice and smooth. As well, the arrow's movement is clunky.

Fortunately, the BB browser in .624 is much improved, though, like Opera 5.0 is still clunky to scroll around a page...

I hope I can get 4.2 to work on my phone...I'd be golden then.
    06-27-10 02:15 AM
    I downloaded the opera mini and used it for 50 minutes and loved it. The thing is I got charged for those minutes from vzw. I'm new to this, can anyone tell me why? I thought opera mini was completely free.

06-27-10 08:18 AM
    For everyone having problems, it's because you aren't using the correct version, and/or aren't loading it correctly.
    07-01-10 01:26 PM
    I have deleted and downloaded the newest version of Opera Mini 5.1 twice. Both times I have experienced problems trying to use it in landscape postion. If I click in the search area to try to do a search, the keyboard comes up okay. But, after I type in the item I want to search for, the keyboard disappears and a white screen is left in it's place. Once the search is completed there is only a very small sliver of the screen viewable at the top. The only way to get rid of the white screen is to rotate the phone to portrait and back again. I am thinking about trying the 5.0 beta version again if I can still find a link to download it with. I used to have the OS 5.0.0.428 hybrid with the Opera Mini 5.0 beta. I recently installed the 5.0.0.591/.794 hybrid from Lyricidal with the Opera Mini 5.1. Don't know if it is the new OS causing the problem or Opera Mini 5.1 causing the problem. Any info on this problem? Thanks
    Last edited by coolbikeman; 07-22-10 at 09:24 AM.
    07-21-10 07:16 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD