can someone confirm or tell me how it is that (I am with Rogers) Opera can be used for free browsing???

I do not have a "data" plan, just the 30$ messaging value pack (email, bbm, IM, video/photo msg, voice mail, display etc)... so any browsing I do will cost me $$$...

I have done a lot of reading but can't find a fluid answer as to how I know whether or not the free browsing is happening... Ive checked online and even called rogers to ask if Ive been using data, and they said as of "now", no... but "now" hasnt been updated for 7hrs... the online data check shows ive used none but I dont know if thats been updated or not..

I only browsed a few pages to see if it worked or not... and still unsure.
    can anyone verify how else I could know???
    Since I have all blanks under my tcp/ip settings, would that in essence mean I am browsing free?

thanks for the help.. especially if u can understand this!!!

sidenote: my wifi is turned off, so I know im not browsing off my router...
    03-16-10 07:50 PM
    This is the old opera mini loophole. There are other apps that work like freerange, viigo etc...when you set them to use tcp/ip.

Don't know how it works but ut does and you won't be charged. You are technically paying for an unlimited plan so apps should be disabled. If they work...then they work.

I had the messaging pack a while ago but I switched as I needed more apps that didn't work without a full data plan. Never looked back since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 08:02 PM
    thanks...
    how do i set it to tcp/ip??? im gonna take a look and see if i can find it...
    i see youre on rogers, and thus know first hand I wont be charged...

so to be certain: if this loophole were to be closed, I would NOT be able to use opera to browse... it would just "not load" a page?
    03-16-10 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD