i just downloaded the opera mini 5.0 browser and i absolutely love it! so much faster and the pages are great

sometimes, things get a little slow and the dreaded hourglass appears...is this just a kink in opera or the fact that i have little space on my bberry...i deleted a couple of apps and the problem is still not resolved

so.
    1. how can i gain more memory and space? does deleting messages help?
    2. is this a problem with opera that other people have noticed? the hourglass...
    3. how do i check for how much memory and space i have?
    4. is there a way to make the cursor in opera move more accurately and faster?

thanks!
    03-17-10 01:30 PM
    i just downloaded the opera mini 5.0 browser and i absolutely love it! so much faster and the pages are great

sometimes, things get a little slow and the dreaded hourglass appears...is this just a kink in opera or the fact that i have little space on my bberry...i deleted a couple of apps and the problem is still not resolved

so.
    1. how can i gain more memory and space? does deleting messages help?
    2. is this a problem with opera that other people have noticed? the hourglass...
    3. how do i check for how much memory and space i have?
    4. is there a way to make the cursor in opera move more accurately and faster?

thanks!

wait...
    you want to keep it..?
    if you want the old one i still ahve the .cod file and can send it to you if you'd like
    but i hated it and went back
    there isnt much of a change and the last time i used it my trackball wouldnt work in the app but would work everywhere else
    i had to batt pull it to turn it off -_-

anyways, deleting messages, notes and browser history would help
    PM me if you want the 4.2 cod file
    if you want to go back to 4.2

(Edit)

2. yes i have 8330 and i had epic lag dispite my 40 mb free
    3. click alt+ left shift and h at the same time and it will show you how much mem
    4. not really
    03-17-10 01:40 PM
    Opera 5.0 is still in beta ! I'd wait for a final release before trying it out. I tried it and after I dl it youtube videos wouldn't load in the orignial BB browser. If you goto operas site there's a link to dl opera 4. Its still there and despite its basic and dull looks it still works great. Now we just wait till the techs get there heads out of there butts and finish opera mobile 5 ! Can't wait =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 02:12 PM
    Opera 5.0 is still in beta ! I'd wait for a final release before trying it out. I tried it and after I dl it youtube videos wouldn't load in the orignial BB browser. If you goto operas site there's a link to dl opera 4. Its still there and despite its basic and dull looks it still works great. Now we just wait till the techs get there heads out of there butts and finish opera mobile 5 ! Can't wait =)

Opera Mini 5 the final version came out yesterday!
    03-17-10 02:17 PM
    That fast ? I just got the beta 2 days ago. Better test it and see what the deal is.

03-17-10 04:41 PM
    I tried 5.0 on my poor, limited 8310 yesterday after the announcement. It ran and, as the original poster said, experienced a mix of decent performance (better than the betas) and the spinning hourglass. After playing with it for an hour or so, I removed it and reinstalled 4.2. I like the performance and user interface of the older version better. 5.0 is a larger program because of its need to keep up with multiple tabs. I have not yet found a compelling need for tabs that can't be met by using the standard BB browser and Opera 4.2 concurrently. I also didn't like how my cursor moved around the screen as well.

4.2 is still available from m.opera.com. You need to page down to the link "Other options." The downgrade came off automatically, though I did need to reboot as part of the process.

03-18-10 03:07 PM
    I tried 5.0 on my poor, limited 8310 yesterday after the announcement. It ran and, as the original poster said, experienced a mix of decent performance (better than the betas) and the spinning hourglass. After playing with it for an hour or so, I removed it and reinstalled 4.2. I like the performance and user interface of the older version better. 5.0 is a larger program because of its need to keep up with multiple tabs. I have not yet found a compelling need for tabs that can't be met by using the standard BB browser and Opera 4.2 concurrently. I also didn't like how my cursor moved around the screen as well.

4.2 is still available from m.opera.com. You need to page down to the link "Other options." The downgrade came off automatically, though I did need to reboot as part of the process.

hmm last time i tried it would just take me back to the 5.0 screen
    03-18-10 04:29 PM
    yes, i did try 4.0 thanks! unfortunately, still a little slow

hopefully blackberry can get their stuff together and come out with something slightly more comparable to safari on the iphone...but for now i will love my blackberry for its great keyboard and email capabilities!

thanks!
    03-20-10 03:57 PM
    Try clearing your cache. "Other Download Options" leads to a page in which the first two choices are "Opera 5" and "Opera 4." Opera 4 is 4.2.

hmm last time i tried it would just take me back to the 5.0 screen
    03-20-10 10:30 PM
    Try clearing your cache. "Other Download Options" leads to a page in which the first two choices are "Opera 5" and "Opera 4." Opera 4 is 4.2.

Once again.
    Yes I understand that now...
    I understood that before when it wouldn't work as well...-_-

03-21-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD