So if I understand correctly, Opera is a browser? Would this be a good choice to download. Currently have only the default BB browser but this stuff is all new to me so any advice you have is appreciated.
    06-26-08 03:16 PM
    Opera mini is a great second browser to have on yourBB.

Get it here -
    http://www.operamini.com/
    06-26-08 03:18 PM
    Opera mini beats Blackberry Browser by a whole lot of everything.
    06-26-08 03:22 PM
    so whats really better about opera?? I havent had a single issue yet with the bb browser and I really dont wanna keep on dl'ing more programs on my curve if I dont need to. I just dl'ed the trial version of jivetalk and its making my phone run a bit slower and causes an occassional glitch. It really sux you cant store apps on my media card cause I have a 2 gig card that still has about 1.6 gigs of free memory on it.
    06-26-08 04:05 PM
    so whats really better about opera?? I havent had a single issue yet with the bb browser and I really dont wanna keep on dl'ing more programs on my curve if I dont need to. I just dl'ed the trial version of jivetalk and its making my phone run a bit slower and causes an occassional glitch. It really sux you cant store apps on my media card cause I have a 2 gig card that still has about 1.6 gigs of free memory on it.
    Nothing is necessarily "wrong" with the native BB browser - Opera Mini just offers a few more features, and looks more like the "real" internet. Frankly, I don't even use it. No need to fix somethin' that ain't broke, ya know?
    06-26-08 04:09 PM
    Nothing is necessarily "wrong" with the native BB browser - Opera Mini just offers a few more features, and looks more like the "real" internet. Frankly, I don't even use it. No need to fix somethin' that ain't broke, ya know?
    Comparing Opera and BB Browser is like comparing Mozilla and IE.

Some people do not like it and some love it.

It's all personal preference.
    06-26-08 04:26 PM
    Opera is very nice!
    Very rarely do I use the native browser. Plus you can browse/post your favorite forums with ease!
    06-26-08 04:28 PM
    I like using opera to surf and the bb browser for downloading. It makes a great combo.
    06-26-08 06:10 PM
    Native browser works just fine. I have tried
    Opera and have never come up with a
    compelling reason to keep it on my BB.
    But CJBob is right, matter of personal preference.
    06-26-08 06:53 PM
    I prefer Opera to the Blackberry default browser. The only annoying parts are inputs (expands to entire screen) and occasionally I get an error (null pointer exception) but it does not prevent viewing.
    06-26-08 07:16 PM
    yeah i got used to the default browser and like it much better than opera
    06-26-08 07:18 PM
    So now that it's downloaded to my BB, how do I use it? Can I assign it as my default? Not sure how to get to it now that it's on the phone.
    06-26-08 07:30 PM
    It cannot be set as default, and to open it, look for the red "O" icon. When you first open it, scroll to the bottom, hit menu, then select Accept.
    06-26-08 07:32 PM
    i tried both, the stock is just easier to use for the limited surfing i do on my berry
    06-26-08 07:42 PM
    I always use native Browser, i dont really like the controls of Opera.
    06-26-08 07:57 PM
    Okay, found the "O" and clicked. Installed and then was told to click "accept" at the end of the agreement. Problem is, when I scroll all the way down to the bottom, there is no place to click or not even the word "accept".
    06-26-08 09:40 PM
    IIRC, pressing the menu button will bring up accept or exit.
    06-26-08 11:48 PM
    yea opera is a better browser, however if you want to download apps ota you will have to use the default browser
    06-27-08 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD