Got bored and decided I'd post the OTA LINK for Opera Mini 4.2 since Om5 laggs terribly and stops me from watching youtube videos in native browser. So here's 4.2 OTA for yallzes. Enjoy your downgrade =) LOL

Opera Mini 4.2 OTA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JackOfBlades; 03-21-10 at 04:02 PM.
    kyot0 likes this.
    03-20-10 11:32 PM
    really dude? i mean, i know youre trying to be helpful and all, but first the "new" found reboot shortcut, now this? people have been going onto operas website for years downloading their browsers both beta and official releases.

not to mention, you didnt even post a link.
    03-21-10 12:14 AM
    Opera 5 is working great for me..no problems at all!
    03-21-10 12:18 AM
    Is OM 4.2 compatible with 9700 ?

03-21-10 12:26 AM
    Ever heard of copy & paste ? Sorry I've caused you to over exersize your hand in such ways.

03-21-10 12:55 AM
    And when I discover how to induce spontaneous molecular distortion ill make sure to keep it to myself rather than sharing it.

03-21-10 01:03 AM
    And when I discover how to induce spontaneous molecular distortion ill make sure to keep it to myself rather than sharing it.

thats right, copyright it and profit.

in reality, you just seemed to be posting stuff that everyone is aware of and is old news. im not trying to be rude, but starting a post with the OTA link to an old OperaMini version thats been out for awhile just because you were bored is just kind of random and moot. most people know they can google opera mini, locate their homepage and download the app from there. unless you want every thread to end up the same way, with 15 people saying "we know".
    03-21-10 01:17 AM
    Don't know if its comp with 9700. This is 83xx forums though. So I'd check in the 9700 forums they'd probably have the answer there. And I've edited my first post and fixed the url into an actual link. This is for the people that upgraded to OM5 and don't like it.

03-21-10 04:21 PM
    I was really excited when I saw this. My 8330 broke so I got a replacement through my insurance. Whatever I do I cannot seem to get mini 4 on my phone. om 5 sucks and is completely laggy. Bolt is pretty choppy and bad too.

I emailed myself the OTA link and it started to download version 5.

Even on Opera's mobile site when you try to download version 4 it won't let you!

If anyone finds a working OTA link let me know. I would do it through desktop manager but I lost my cord.

!!!
    04-02-10 07:45 PM
    Don't be rude people, a week ago I would have been glad he posted this. Opera's site blocked me from downloading 4.2; everytime I tried it would give me 5.0. I eventually decided I like 5.0, but if I hadn't this would have helped me out.
    And I know how to get around a website, there was no way to get 4.2 via the phones browser and m.opera.com.

04-02-10 08:15 PM
    really dude? i mean, i know youre trying to be helpful and all, but first the "new" found reboot shortcut, now this? people have been going onto operas website for years downloading their browsers both beta and official releases.

not to mention, you didnt even post a link.
    Do you have an 8330?
    Well... It doesn't work for me. (Opera Minis site.) It takes me back to the front page.
    So stop being so critical.

Thank you.

04-03-10 09:26 PM
    You are right Deathcommand, I cannot seem to get the link for 4.2 on the Opera web page either. Thanks Jack Of Blades! 5.0 was driving me nuts with the lag. I am going to download it now...........
    04-04-10 10:20 AM
    You are right Deathcommand, I cannot seem to get the link for 4.2 on the Opera web page either. Thanks Jack Of Blades! 5.0 was driving me nuts with the lag. I am going to download it now...........
    I tried Opera for the first time with the 5.0, and it causes a memory leak on my phone. I will try this 4.2!

Thanks.
    04-04-10 10:45 AM
    Guys what happened to OM4.2? This version looks different then it was before since you have to use the "q" and "p" button to bring up the pull down menu instead of using the blackberry menu and back button. To make matters worst you can't press down on the trackball to enter anymore so you have to use the actual enter button. How do I get back the original function back? 4.2 was best known for its function and simplicity but this one is not it!

Last edited by noized77; 04-04-10 at 11:35 AM.
    04-04-10 11:23 AM
    Is OM 4.2 compatible with 9700 ?

I've had one OS build that worked with OM 4.2; nothing lately sadly. I wouldn't mind having it.

04-04-10 12:58 PM
    Opera Mini 4.2 works better on my 8330 in comparison to version 5.0. Version 5.0 will not allow my default browser to view YouTube videos. So I had to remove it. It was also a little laggy. I'm glad they still provide the link to version 4.2. On the Opera Mini download page I choose Other Download options instead of the download link for 5.0. It will take you to the page for 4.2.

04-04-10 04:36 PM
    Thanks jackofblades! I was looking for an older browser for my OS7 phone(I'm retro when it comes to BB), so thanks!
    09-27-12 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD