Ever since I switched from Palm Pilot to Blackberry years ago I have been looking for and waiting for a decent world clock application... Not these silly analogue apps or cumbersome World Mate but something smooth and beautiful to look at and play with whilest dealing with various staff and vendors around the world... Some people have tried and if you do a search of the Crackberry forums there are many "requests" for a decent world clock... If Palm Pilot did it years ago why can't we have it now?

I imagine it would look something like the Sunclock but actually work like this website. Ideally it would contain icons indicating new mail and shortcuts to take you to your mail or fave apps... it should also scoll and zoom in to continents or countries and we should be able to add cities that are missing...

I would pay $10, $20 for a killer app like this and RIM should have included some kind of world clock... The closest I have come to getting what I want is to go into options on the normal BB clock and set a "home time zome" which I adjust depending on who I am working with around the world on that day...
    06-22-11 08:13 PM
    So I no this isn't ideal but rim jus updated BBTravel and it now includes a world clock. Yes its really bloated if all u want is the clock but its an option. I have never tried it so I cannot vouch to how good it is. Give it a try n let me no. Hope its helpful for u.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 11:38 AM
    Have you tried myTimes?

So I no this isn't ideal but rim jus updated BBTravel and it now includes a world clock. Yes its really bloated if all u want is the clock but its an option. I have never tried it so I cannot vouch to how good it is. Give it a try n let me no. Hope its helpful for u.

06-30-11 01:46 PM
    TrackIT seems to work well for me. Not pretty, but quite functional.
    06-30-11 02:15 PM
    thanks for the feedback, I had a look at myTimes & TackIT but both are text or analogue clocks!

BBTravel is not what I mean either...

What I mean is some kind of beautiful smooth scolling map of the world, highlighting the time as you "snap" to the capital city? Like Palm has had for years!
    07-01-11 12:15 AM
    Cry the beloved Palm, and not only for its clock.
    I have not yet upgraded BB Travel. Does its clock (or any app) do world time calculations: eg, when it's 2:30 PM in Rome what time will it be in Boston? That was available on some app or web site and was most useful.

Last edited by BlazorBoy; 07-01-11 at 03:53 AM.
    07-01-11 03:50 AM
    Cry the beloved Palm, and not only for its clock.
    I have not yet upgraded BB Travel. Does its clock (or any app) do world time calculations: eg, when it's 2:30 PM in Rome what time will it be in Boston? That was available on some app or web site and was most useful.
    Sunclock does do those calculations automatically but it is painful to setup. Not only is the pic too small but the "terminator" line is not 100% correct...

07-01-11 08:31 PM
    Thanks.

07-02-11 07:13 AM
    Sunclock does do those calculations automatically but it is painful to setup. Not only is the pic too small but the "terminator" line is not 100% correct...

What am I missing?? I do not see how it does time calculations. By that I mean, I can put in a time and date (not the current time) in say my home city and find out what time and date it would then be in a different city, or vice versa. Can it or any app do that? I had such an app on the Palm I believe. I know there is an ULR that does that.

As it is, I like the WorldMate Clocks better for they keep the home time constant even when you are in a different time xone and have changed the local time.

Thanks again.
    07-02-11 09:35 AM
    What am I missing?? I do not see how it does time calculations. By that I mean, I can put in a time and date (not the current time) in say my home city and find out what time and date it would then be in a different city, or vice versa. Can it or any app do that? I had such an app on the Palm I believe. I know there is an ULR that does that.
    Oh I see what you mean... I did see a world clock which will do what you want but nowhere near what I want;
    BlackBerry App World - World Clock

Don't forget you can display a second time on the normal BB clock which is called "home time zone" - I use this to display a second time and the settings to figure out what time it is elsewhere... The best thing about this setting is that it is free...

As I continue my search for a decent world clock I found 253 "clocks" on the Blackberry App website...

This one is close but is only for Playbook and got 1 terrible review;
    BlackBerry App World - World Timeline

I am now troughing through Crackberry's Appverse to see if there is anything new...
    07-02-11 06:41 PM
    After trying them all I bought this World Clock by Bulbera and am very happy with it. They have a trial version valid for 1 week, so have a look at it. I can�t post the link because of my low message count but a search on Appworld for Bulbera world clock will get you there. I believe this is what you need. It even has a meeting planner.
    07-04-11 12:56 AM
    Thanks for the input. Yes the native clock showing home time is useful. Will check out World Clock for time calculations.

07-04-11 09:44 AM
    \

Don't forget you can display a second time on the normal BB clock which is called "home time zone" - I use this to display a second time and the settings to figure out what time it is elsewhere... The best thing about this setting is that it is free...
    \
    DM
    I'm not sure I understand how you get two times to display. If you change the home time zone then whatever you change it to witll display. Right? How does the second display?
    Or maybe this isn't avialable on the Storm2 runing 5.0 OS
    TIA
    07-04-11 07:58 PM
    Iif you have set say EST as the home time then if you set the phone to any other time zone that new zone will show as the main time and EST will show in the upper corner of the native clock.

07-04-11 10:08 PM
    After trying them all I bought this World Clock by Bulbera and am very happy with it. They have a trial version valid for 1 week, so have a look at it. I can�t post the link because of my low message count but a search on Appworld for Bulbera world clock will get you there. I believe this is what you need. It even has a meeting planner.
    Having tried it I agree. I like it's ability to do time conversions and world wide meeting planning. I do not need graphics. Thanks again.

07-04-11 10:12 PM
    Iif you have set say EST as the home time then if you set the phone to any other time zone that new zone will show as the main time and EST will show in the upper corner of the native clock.

Ok BlazorBoy,
    Got it.
    Tks fo rthe info.
    07-05-11 09:37 PM
    well I finally got Sunclock working as to how I want it but it is a painful process and nowhere near the beautiful seamless application it should be...

I will keep searching...
    07-10-11 08:17 PM
    well I finally got Sunclock working as to how I want it but it is a painful process and nowhere near the beautiful seamless application it should be...
    RIM released a world clock within Blackberry Travel it would be nice if we could just run this world clock stand alone?

07-22-11 09:51 PM
    RIM released a world clock within Blackberry Travel it would be nice if we could just run this world clock stand alone?

Amen - I with you all the way.

Good Luck
    07-22-11 10:11 PM
    Amen - I with you all the way.
    Good Luck
    Glad I am not the only one... now how can we get RIMs attention? Surely its not hard to break out that one program from the suite?
    07-24-11 03:50 AM
    There is a World Clock by AFBB. Very simple. My only concern is for them to show more zones in a single screen. Currently it shows two and you have to keep scrolling down.

It is a free app and does exactly what BB Travel App's World Clock does.

07-24-11 04:46 AM
    There is a World Clock by AFBB. Very simple. My only concern is for them to show more zones in a single screen. Currently it shows two and you have to keep scrolling down. It is a free app and does exactly what BB Travel App's World Clock does.
    yeah its not bad... My screen fits 3� clocks...
    Free World Clock Free - Download World Clock Free - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    beautiful programming etc etc... I set it for my fave cities...

but it is not as nice as my imaginary program
    07-24-11 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD