I've just updated my Wallpaper Changer app with support for BerryWeather (BeWeather) and SimpleWeather.

Both of them support adding weather to your homescreen wallpaper, which wouldnt allow you to rotate through your wallpapers then. The new feature I have added will create a "Weather.jpg" in your pictures folder at each rotation time, so the next time your weather app updates your wallpaper will change.

Instructions:
    In Wallpaper Changer check off "Use Weather Application", this will stop WC from changing the home screen wallpaper and update "Weather.jpg" at each rotation interval.

Select "Weather.jpg" from your pictures folder as your homescreen wallpaper in your weather application.

The update interval you have set up in your weather application will dictate how often your wallpaper changes on your home screen.

Download:
    http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/WC.jad

Minimum OS is 4.7
    01-26-10 10:40 AM
    Thanks will give it a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 11:20 AM
    It's the best of both worlds, custom weather on the homescreen and rotating wallpaper. Thanks for making the app that much better!!!!
    01-26-10 11:27 AM
    The update interval you have set up in your weather application will dictate how often your wallpaper changes on your home screen.
    Thanks for the update Shao. It works just as you stated. The only thing I would mention is to have the wallpapers update at the interval set in WC, and not the weather app. I have my wallpapers set to change every minute, but BerryWeather is set to update at 30 minute intervals. So, now I have to wait every 30 minutes for a change instead of every minute, which kind of defeats the (MY) purpose of purchasing WC.

At first I thought it was not working, but after a battery pull I waited & watched. Just as you stated, the intervals are defined by the weather app. Can this be adjusted for the numerical value placed in WC Please?

Brad... Bing!
    01-26-10 11:40 AM
    Does this app auto start after a reboot and continue rotating or do I need to restart it every time?
    01-26-10 01:13 PM
    At first I thought it was not working, but after a battery pull I waited & watched. Just as you stated, the intervals are defined by the weather app. Can this be adjusted for the numerical value placed in WC Please?
    Unfortunately there isnt any way for WC to control the update time of the weather app, so whatever it is set to there will be the rotation time.
    01-26-10 01:47 PM
    Unfortunately there isnt any way for WC to control the update time of the weather app, so whatever it is set to there will be the rotation time.
    NP. My themes have weather slots anyway. And, when I use the BW wallpaper, I know that it does work well as stated.

Good update.

Any word on the "Register" option still present in the menu after it has already been registered?
    01-26-10 02:01 PM
    Any word on the "Register" option still present in the menu after it has already been registered?
    Im going to fix that up in the next beta. Either later today or tomorrow. Juggling SearchIt and WC updates at the same time
    01-26-10 02:09 PM
    Downloaded and seems to be working well... the only thing i wish it did fit to height....

01-26-10 02:10 PM
    Im going to fix that up in the next beta. Either later today or tomorrow. Juggling SearchIt and WC updates at the same time
    NP Bro. I understand. A busy bee you are!

Looking out for the SearchIt update as well.

Your app suite is amazing. Thanks.
    01-26-10 02:17 PM
    Yes it will auto start again after a reboot.
    01-26-10 02:57 PM
    Nice work as always bro!
    01-26-10 03:01 PM
    im all over this. will report back
    01-26-10 03:05 PM
    working as it should. been wanting this for a long time. thanks for the great app shao
    01-26-10 07:33 PM
    Thanks for further improving one of my favorite applications.
    01-26-10 10:44 PM
    I just downloaded the app and when I click on the icon I keep getting an error message telling me the homescreen is not found. I did a battery pull after the dl. Any ideas?

01-26-10 11:51 PM
    I just downloaded the app and when I click on the icon I keep getting an error message telling me the homescreen is not found. I did a battery pull after the dl. Any ideas?

Are you running OS 4.7 or above?
    Anything less than that you will get that error.

01-27-10 12:04 AM
    Darn it, I guess I didn't pay attention to that. Yes, I have 4.6
    Thanks Shao, I enjoy your apps and will wait for your next one.

01-27-10 08:39 AM
    Great work man! @Shao128 does this app cause any noticeable lag or increase in battery drain?
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 01-27-10 at 07:57 PM.
    01-27-10 06:41 PM
    Great work man! @Shao128 does this app cause any noticeable lag or increase in battery drain?
    No there isn't any lag, as far as battery drain you shouldn't notice any unless you set your rotation time to once a minute, but even then it would be minimal.
    01-28-10 08:26 AM
    Tour 9630, 4.7.1.40. Running Berryweather beta. Downloaded WC, batt pull, set up like in first post. Doesnt run, nothing changes. Do photos need to be named something other than what they were saved as? Any help?
    01-28-10 02:31 PM
    Tour 9630, 4.7.1.40. Running Berryweather beta. Downloaded WC, batt pull, set up like in first post. Doesnt run, nothing changes. Do photos need to be named something other than what they were saved as? Any help?
    Does the wallpaper rotate if you turn off the weather checkbox?

Have a look here at the full instructions ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Support and let me know how that goes. Thanks.
    01-28-10 04:10 PM
    Works great if I turn off weather box. Does it make a difference if this is a unregistered verision? I used the link from your opening post.
    01-28-10 04:21 PM
    Works great if I turn off weather box. Does it make a difference if this is a unregistered verision? I used the link from your opening post.
    I'm not sure if there is any disabilities in an unregistered version, as I have always had a paid registered version. I would think that a registered version is always better that an unregistered version though.

Also, how often do you have your weather application update? I encountered a situation when I thought WC was not functioning because I have mine set up to change every minute, and did not see any wallpaper changes. But the wallpapers ONLY change when the weather app updates. So regardless of your settings in WC, the wallpapers ONLY update when the weather app updates.

I have BW set to update every 30 minutes, and that's when the wallpapers change. They also immediately change when I perform a manual update.

Hope this helps.
    01-28-10 04:47 PM
    Mine set to update every 30 min. The wallpaper doesnt change even when I force an update.
    01-28-10 04:55 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD