Wow this is a really cool idea. Def gonna try it out!
    10-11-11 05:17 PM
    Noticed its a bit of a resource hog with the preview going. Also, I seem to have 2 instances of pckeys going at the same time even though I only opened one. Gonna restart and see what it comes back
    10-11-11 05:36 PM
    Brilliant App! Wonderful! Hope it's going to be further developed because, as others have said, it's got enormous potential.

I'm a newcomer to BlackBerrys. Just got my first 4 days ago, found the keys too small for me when I have to do a lot of typing (or maybe my fingers are just too big! ) and went searching to see if I could find some way of typing from the keyboard...

Luckily I found PCKeys and I've been using it for two days now. Although I'm still getting to find my way around the BB, everything I've tried on PCKeys works fine. There's a slight lag on the remote display but not a particular problem here; the remote display itself is really good. I too find multiple icons in the tray but it doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on anything. Like others, haven't figured out what the button (marked 'Button', not Button5, on my computer) does but maybe it'll have a function when the App is released?

A great app - thanks Shao.

Running Windows 7 Pro/BB 8520, v5.0.0.681 (I think!)

PS I like the name PCKeys but maybe it needs to be tied in with BlackBerry, so maybe just BlackBerry PCKeys?
    10-20-11 06:44 AM
    No word from Shao for a long time, so it seems development has stopped on this project.

I'm curious, even though it seems to be a "dead" projectd, if anyone is successfully running it on OS7
    10-28-11 07:11 AM
    It seems this is now a dead project, but it does still work so for anyone still using/trying this:

Tested on Bold 9900 on OS 7.1 and on Windows 7 Ultimate x86 & x64 & Windows 8 x86

The Fundamentals seem to work flawlessly, however its has disconnected briefly so you loose communication with the BB and you need to restart it from the device.

Also when replying to an SMS, once you click send it just opens the text message with the text you have typed from the PC, but does not send it.

Its a damn shame really because this is such a awesome app
    Maybe Shao128 will continue to develop this?

[Open Beta] PCKeys, use your PC keyboard to control your BB with Pop-ups and more!-untitled.png
    01-16-14 03:24 PM
230 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD