[Open Beta] Leave It On 2.1, loads of new features!
08-13-10 09:37 PM
- So it has barely been a week since the release of v2.0, but I'm hard at work on 2.1 now. There were features that I didn't have time to implement or finish for 2.0 that I have now put into 2.1
If you are not familiar with Leave It On you can read about it here: Leave It On - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
Whats new in 2.1 so far:
- Bug Fixes
- Added new "Get Animations" screen, will connect to my website to download animations automatically and name them according to your contacts
- If you previously had your contacts set up with Last name first any animations wont work, rename them First Name Last Name and youll be good to go.
Build .56 - This will probably be the final build unless bugs show up.
- Fixed restore from SD Card
- Changed CB logo
- Will attempt to create "lio" folder on your SDCard for you
- Fixed UberTwitter Bug
- Added support for MySpace and NimBuzz
- Added "Get Animations" menu option
DO NOT restore from backup, create a new one
- All pop-ups can now be customized with animated pictures. On SDCard create a "lio" folder in the "BlackBerry" folder and place animated GIFs in there. See below for samples. Name the GIF the name of the kind of alert (see samples for what I mean).
- Added 2nd "dont show when app"
- Fixed issue with contact pics now showing if last name was first.
June 21th - Getting close to final!
- Ive had some code in since 2.00 that I used for testing icons for pop-ups. I disable it when I build for the public, but it helped me in testing. So Ive left it enable in this build to see if people are interested. If people seem to like it I will leave it in. You can customize the animated icon for specific contacts for email or SMS. On your SDCard in the "BlackBerry" folder create a folder called "lio" in there you can put animated GIF files, size 60x60. Name the GIF file the full name of the contact you want it to show up as. So if the persons full name in your address book is "Baba Booey" name the file "Baba Booey.gif" To enable this feature make sure you have "Show contact pic" set to "yes".
The BB OS doesnt handle all types of animated GIFs very well, so if you are trying to create your own and run into any problems just post the GIF up in this thread and I'll have a look. I have create some samples which are at the bottom of the post.
- Mostly bug fixes/tweaks
- Added animated CB logo for CB notification emails. Can also be used if you add "[CB]" without quotes to the persons last name in your address book.
- Renamed from 2.1 to 3.0 due to the amount of new features and improved UI
- Updated some UI elements (dialogs)
- Fixed pop-ups not showing after a while
- Added support for Cnectd messenger
- Added "help" screen on first run
- Resets trial period, do not restore from backup if you do not have a activation code or it will expire
- Added support for Trillian
- When multiple pop-ups are queued animation is skipped to speed up
- Trial reset (dont load back from SDCard if your trial is over or it will expire again)
- Bug fixes
- Tmobile VM fix
- Convenience keys added as shortcuts (can be turned on/off). Left Key dismisses pop-up, right key dismisses all pop-ups.
- Fixes Social Scope "tweet" notification
- Added "R" shortcut key for email for reply, and "F" for forward. Storm add 2 new buttons for this.
- Added "C" shortcut to clear all pop-ups, so if you have multiple ones queued you can dismiss them all. I havent implemented this for Storm users yet, trying to figure out how to handle it.
- "Auto Mark email as read" only marks it read if preview has been displayed, either by auto preview or manually.
- CDMA users should no longer get pop-ups for voicemail
- Added option "Auto mark email as read", will mark email as read when pop-up is dismissed. Pressing "M" will keep it as unread. On Storm button will change to "Unread"
- Optimizations, mainly around battery usage and animation speed
- Fixed some pop-ups displaying multiple times when queued up
- Added help to menu, and updated help page (Recommend reading it over)
- other small bug fixes and I cant remember them now :P
- Moved indicator for queued up messages to bottom right of pop-up (was getting covered by send/receive arrows before)
- Reset activation for expired trials. This will reset some other settings as well, if you do not have a registration code do NOT restore your settings from SDCard or it will expire again
- Other small bug fixes.
- Added option to show contact pictures for SMS/e-mail (off by default)
- Added "T" key in message preview to take to the top of message
- Added indicator to pop-up when more more alerts are waiting (shows up in top right corner)
Ive changed some options around (behind the scenes) so loading a backup file from previous versions may cause some weird behavior, I recommend creating a new backup file
-Fixed issue with some email addresses getting unchecked you may need to check them off the first time
- improved scrolling in preview
- if space is not assigned to launch app will scroll down preview
- Marking email as read or deleting will now turn of LED (Im not sure how apps like BerryBuzz will take to me forcing the LED off, so let me know if you have problems)
- You can now enable/disable backlight/popups for specific email addresses
- Pop-ups are now queued up in order received. Read here for more information: [Open Beta] Leave It On 2.1, loads of new features!
Known issues: -if you try to "test pop-up" for either email or sms without having received one first will cause an error.
-unseleting an email account will sometimes reselect, fix in next build.
- BBM Groups will not notify in BBM chat
- Cleaned up menus - "Register" option will disapear after registration
- BB Key/Click Options - Added "Preview No Anim" for older devices that animation is slow on, "Launch w/Auto Preview" for e-mail and SMS preview will automatically be shown.
- Added "M" and "D" key shortcut keys while e-mail preview is displayed. Press M will Mark the message as read and D will delete the message. For Storm clicking the pop up will display buttons with these options.
-Backup/Restore settings from SDCard
-Fix for Gmail launching multiple times
-New icons for SS, UT, T4BB
-Message previews for SMS and E-Mail
-Customizable font size for preview
-“Only if backlight on” option for pop-ups. Will only display the pop-up if the backlight is aready on
-“Show when locked/standby” option for pop-ups.
-“Backlight for” options for pop-ups. This lets you configure the time the backlight will stay on when a pop-up is displayed.
-Pop-ups can now be set stay until the user closes it. Set it to “0”
-Pop-ups can now be displayed at the bottom of the screen
-Option to configure what BB Key and click do when pop-up displayed. Options: Preview (for SMS/E-Mail), Launch (to launch the app of the notification), Nothing, or Close
Message previews give you a quick look at either an incoming e-mail or SMS message. The normal size pop-up will display, but if you press the BB Key or Click it will expand (how it does it is a surprise youll just have to try it out!) to show you the message (which you can scroll down to read the whole thing). I didn't add this feature before because I don't want to turn Leave It On into a full fledged “Pop-up” app but Ive now added due to the amount of requests. So the only functionality is just to preview the message text. If you are looking for a full preview app I'd recommend BerryPopup (which works great in conjunction with Leave It On).
If you are currently running 2.00 please make sure to go into Leave It On and in the menu ShutDown Leave It On before updating to this version. This will also wipe out any previous settings, I rewrote much of the settings code to work with backup/restore to SDCard which would have caused a conflict.
Sample custom animated GIFs:
To see the rest scroll to the bottom of this page: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...6/index30.html
Download (you will need to do this from a PC):
Pack #1 http://shao-soft.com/GIFs.zip
Pack #2 http://shao-soft.com/GIF2.zip
So if you have any suggestions please post them here, I can't promise all of them will make it, but I am listening.05-18-10 09:39 PM
- dude, LOVE the new/revised interface. and the backup feature is AWSOME! now i dont have to click through all my options everytime i reload my OS.
one comment/suggestion: for the popup preview, is there anyway to change the redering of the preview window faster? or perhaps making the redering time a customizable feature? it seems like its a little slow to render the preview. if i were to grab my phone in the car, i would like to hit the one button and have it right there for less distraction.05-19-10 08:38 AM
- one comment/suggestion: for the popup preview, is there anyway to change the redering of the preview window faster? or perhaps making the redering time a customizable feature? it seems like its a little slow to render the preview. if i were to grab my phone in the car, i would like to hit the one button and have it right there for less distraction.
Also fixes a bug with the "nothing" and "close" option still launching the app.05-19-10 09:53 AM
- I notice you have an 8330, I was wondering how the extra animation would run. I had a feeling older devices would be a little slower. I have added an option for the next build that can disable the preview animation.
Also fixes a bug with the "nothing" and "close" option still launching the app.05-19-10 09:59 AM
- 05-19-10 10:02 AM
- Wow. Really nice app. Have wanted to check a pop-up app out, but have avoided it due to the cost. This app gives you so much more than just a backlight feature.
The one feature I would like to see, but may not be possible, is to have the actual email/sms/tweet open up when the trackpad/BB button is clicked. Now it will just open the app. Just trying to think of a quicker way to get to the actual material. I would be clicking on the pop-up for 2 reasons: 1. to see the raw material and 2. to clear the message notifications at the top of the home screen.
Thanks for the app though. Good stuff.05-19-10 10:10 AM
- What about having an option to Auto-Preview, rather than clicking the BB button. Then the user can use the BB button to launch the app, if they need. Also, I am not sure if this is even possible...after you previewed the message, there is no way to mark it "not new" is there? In other words...you will still have the unread messages notification, but you wont have the red star on it and the LED will stop blinking.05-19-10 10:14 AM
- its not too bad, but i feel it could be a little bit quicker. sending a quick SMS to myself, it takes about 3-5 seconds for the preview to show up after pressing the menu button. i could see it running faster on newer devices. other than that, i really like the preview option.05-19-10 10:24 AM
- The one feature I would like to see, but may not be possible, is to have the actual email/sms/tweet open up when the trackpad/BB button is clicked. Now it will just open the app. Just trying to think of a quicker way to get to the actual material. I would be clicking on the pop-up for 2 reasons: 1. to see the raw material and 2. to clear the message notifications at the top of the home screen.
I would love to incorporate a twitter client with a quick preview but I would need to work with the developer of one to do it. So anyone knows a dev who is working on a twitter client have them contact me and we'll see what we can do.05-19-10 10:26 AM
- It does that now for email/sms. In the options make sure "BBKey/Click" is set to Preview and youll get the message text shown.
I would love to incorporate a twitter client with a quick preview but I would need to work with the developer of one to do it. So anyone knows a dev who is working on a twitter client have them contact me and we'll see what we can do.
Thanks for the quick reply.05-19-10 11:26 AM
- Hey Shao...
First time testing your app, lt me just say it's awesome!!!
Although I'm thinking the primary use of these app, to control your backlight, it's not very useful to me. On the other hand, the preview for email/SMS and the notificatinos for BB Messenger/Twitter clients/other apps is EXTREMLY AWESOME!!!!
I don't know if you have considered making it a separate app and leaving Leave It On to control de backlight and another one for the previews...
I would definetly buy the one with only the previews!!!!
I'll keep testing it and let you know if I find something...
Take care!!!!05-19-10 11:49 AM
- What about having an option to Auto-Preview, rather than clicking the BB button. Then the user can use the BB button to launch the app, if they need. Also, I am not sure if this is even possible...after you previewed the message, there is no way to mark it "not new" is there? In other words...you will still have the unread messages notification, but you wont have the red star on it and the LED will stop blinking.05-19-10 11:52 AM
- Sorry. I said the wrong thing in my original message. I meant that when you press the Space Bar, it would nice if the actual email would open up instead of the email inbox, and the same thing with the SMS opening instead of the SMS inbox. In doing so, it would take care of seeing the message in it's native state, and marking it as read so the notification would be taken off.05-19-10 11:57 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- BlackBerry OS Apps
[Open Beta] Leave It On 2.1, loads of new features!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD