You mean like the wallpaper rotation add-ons for CB Wallpaper changer?
    Exactly!!!
    03-10-11 12:43 PM
    Love the app - my suggestion is transparent border. That would work better with my wallpaper selection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 12:59 PM

The ticker does not go away when opening the menu, i tried shutting down the application and restarting but still the ticker shows up on the menu.

Bold 9780
    OS 6.0.0.480

Oops, just read that this is a known issue, hope this gets fixed soon, its a GREAT APP in the making, All the Best, love all ur apps.
    Last edited by smartbuddy; 03-10-11 at 01:06 PM.
    03-10-11 01:00 PM
    I've noticed after a batt pull my screen toggles from the homescreen to the app screen until I press the menu key, then it stops until the next reboot. I am using a 9700 os6 using foppa17 theme. I think the app is great and agree with most if not all of the requested features in this thread. I have also tried a stock theme and duplicated my problem, so I'm pretty sure its not my theme. Anyone else having similar issues? I didn't see anything in the thread.

03-10-11 01:13 PM
    I'm giving this a test drive as I am a frequent RSS user.

My feedback after a first glance:

Very very very customisable. Awesome !
    Looks very clean and stylish.

A tabbed menu would be nice.
    For example:
    settings / appearance / feeds

The thing that would make this app even more efficient, would be the ability to link it to the feeds in social feeds and/or BB news feeds.
    If the ticker can be clickable it would bring you straight into your preferred app to read the whole article.

Thanks for the open beta !
    03-10-11 01:27 PM
    I also found one more more bug, I guess BreakingNews is not comptitable with infobox beacuse when I have BreakingNews open the popup box of infobox doesn't show up till I slide up the bar or move away from the home screen by anyways, When I do so the popup shows, I hope there will be a fix for it
    Other than that the app is amazing still testing and will post anything new
    Last edited by abudi4; 03-10-11 at 01:30 PM.
    03-10-11 01:28 PM
    Curve 3G 9300 OS 5.0.0955

Awesome app! This is something I've been looking for! A few suggestions:

I use the app bLoc to lock my screen. I have it set to my right sidew convience key, so that I can just hit any button on the keyboard and glance at the time. When I'm running this app while the screen is locked, instead of bringing up the clock widget, it takes me to the homescreen with the ticker running. I'd like for the app to stay under the lockscreen.

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to launch or dismiss the ticker with a keyboard shortcut, for times when I'd just like to glance at the headlines. Also maybe the ability to scroll through the headlines manually.

Anyhow, that my two cents. Thanks for the great app, and keep up the good work!

03-10-11 01:56 PM
    I have also noticed, like someone pointed out in the previous page that after sometime, the feeds goes blank. I tried shutting it down and restarting it, but it took a while before coming back on the screen. My network seems ok as other things are working well.
    Still a good application requiring some improvements. Could even be better if the news items can be clickable.

03-10-11 02:03 PM
    This may have been mentioned, but after a battery pull it just said "loading feeds" for at least 30 minutes. I did refresh and save in the app and they came back, but something to make sure the feeds load at start up would be nice.

03-10-11 02:05 PM
    Think I'd be good to just keep location 1-100. Makes it a little easier to navigate.

Also as said above, it does show over main menu screen.

Also, I took off CNN but the app is still doing the CNN feed.

And a possible enable/disable button for the whole thing and not just specific feeds.

Thank you so much. Looks great

03-10-11 02:39 PM
    Think I'd be good to just keep location
    And a possible enable/disable button for the whole thing and not just specific feeds.
    The enable/disable might be another good idea for an add-on that could be shortcut to (in addition to a manual refresh of feeds).
    03-10-11 02:45 PM
    Ok biggest problem I'm getting is it keeps going crazy it jumps from the home screen to the main menu and just keeps doing it after several batt pulls still same problem I'm running 6.443 on a 9650 and I know its also a common problem with it showing up in the menu I think it should just stay on on the home page

Hope that helps

03-10-11 02:51 PM
    This app is really good. I haven't had any problems yet.. The only question I have is there any way to tap ont the news bar and receive the whole story..

03-10-11 02:51 PM
    Runs great on my torch, my only comment would be that it would be nice if the feed scroll was hotlinked back to the source article....
    I Agree

03-10-11 02:57 PM
    Think I'd be good to just keep location 1-100. Makes it a little easier to navigate.

Also as said above, it does show over main menu screen.

Also, I took off CNN but the app is still doing the CNN feed.

Thank you so much. Looks great

remember to clic "refresh and save" within the app to update changes

im testing this on a bold 9700 running os 6 (461) the feeds seem to stop scrolling once the clock on the phone is changing minutes then it continues normally.

would love for the feeds to be clickable and for it to open bb social feeds, and also there should be more speed levels maybe 1-5? 2 seems normal while 3 seems too fast there should be a 2.5
    Last edited by elokito; 03-10-11 at 03:03 PM.
    03-10-11 02:58 PM
    This also happens to me when I do a restart.

Could you have it so you can set the Ticker to be Enabled on certain days/times? Also would be great if there was a way to read the actually article - even to scroll through the Ticker.

Great App. I love it.

I've noticed after a batt pull my screen toggles from the homescreen to the app screen until I press the menu key, then it stops until the next reboot. I am using a 9700 os6 using foppa17 theme. I think the app is great and agree with most if not all of the requested features in this thread. I have also tried a stock theme and duplicated my problem, so I'm pretty sure its not my theme. Anyone else having similar issues? I didn't see anything in the thread.

03-10-11 02:58 PM
    Great app, and yes if there is a way to select the banner and get the story and also to forward and return the banner (to see the story that just scrolled by) would be better

03-10-11 02:59 PM
    GREAT app! I absolutely love the concept!!!
    Here are some bugs I've found.

-The 'flow' of the ticker is jumpy. stops and goes about 5 times to get across screen
    (I am using my home wi-fi and I am the only person on it.

-when active it flickers from my home screen to my app screen rapidly. I am using a custom theme I made using the Beta 6 composer and theme studio, perhaps that is the issue.

*I am using a 9780/.480 T-Mo N. America*
    03-10-11 03:00 PM
    Hey,

didn't read all posts, but here's my constructive feedback

when closing the settings and going back to my homescreen, the icons displayed in the regular menu were all a lot smaller. I tried to capture a screenshot, but its all white, just showing the feed.

So:
    - small icons (folders, bbm, browser...)
    - screenshot is white, just shows the feed
    03-10-11 03:02 PM
    Great app, looks really good on my 9700!! So far so good.

03-10-11 03:03 PM
    When you go back to the home screen the banner blinks twice before starting to scroll, it kinda flashes one time, bit anoying

03-10-11 03:09 PM
    First off amazing idea. I love the fact that I don't have to click on the Social Feeds to get the latest updates from my fav places.

I have tried to add TSN and that website is not working. Not too sure why.

I am using a Torch os .450

A couple of things I have noticed as well. The scrolling widget disappears when u move the cursor and only reappears when the cursor is located at the very top (the manage connections area). This only happens when the "tray" is fully open all the way. When the "tray" is only open to show 4 icons the scrolling widget comes where ever the cursor is located and does not disappear.

Just a couple of things I have found. Amazing idea. Love it.

03-10-11 03:11 PM
    First let me say I think this is an awsome app!! The issue I am having is that the ticker will skip as it is scrolling acrossed, it will give you about 5 or 6 words and then stop and when it restarts most of the message has passed. Also I was wondering is it possible to have 2 or 3 rows of the tickers one for each feed? Again I love this app, thanks for all the hard work!

03-10-11 03:12 PM
    I just installed this on my Style and at first it was acting screwy untill I changed back to the standard Sprint theme. I then changed back to my carbon fiber theme and it seems to work well enough. The feed does like to stay on top of all the menu screens though. Ill mess around with it some more and see what happens over time, themes, and ect...

03-10-11 03:13 PM
    PERFECT aplication for our blackberrys!!
    just one idea: would it be possible to associate it to our google reader account, and configurate it to read the latest feeds from there?

thanks a lot!
    03-10-11 03:14 PM
855 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD