There is an OnStar app for iPhone and Android. None for Blackberry. I called OnStar and they can't tell me if it is in development or not. Anyone know if they are developing and OnStar app for the BlackBerry? Why no love for the BB GM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 03:34 PM
    What does the onstar app do?
    02-26-11 04:40 PM
    CES 2010: Chevy And OnStar Show Off BlackBerry Application For Chevy Volt | CrackBerry.com

Who knows, BB is always left behind.
    ONSTAR | MYLINK MOBILE APP
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-26-11 at 05:11 PM.
    02-26-11 05:08 PM
    What does the onstar app do?
    Starts the car from any location, locks and unlocks the doors, checks your fuel level and tire pressure. Checks oil level.
    02-26-11 06:41 PM
    I know. The iPhone gets everything and it is such a crappy phone. Go figure ...
    mssca likes this.
    02-26-11 06:43 PM
    I know. The iPhone gets everything and it is such a crappy phone. Go figure ...
    Well, it IS Apple after all. Their fanboys eat up Apple's pathetic excuses for products like Twinkies... Not that I'm anti-Apple or anything .

I'm really not, in case anyone was wondering, I just recognize that their products treat the user like a 3 year old. I would rather not use a product like that...

Edit:

This is my troll post for the day...
    02-26-11 08:19 PM
    As big of a bb fan as I am, I really want this onstar app. Is there any chance we get it in the near future...anyone know?
    04-13-11 08:46 AM
    Perhaps they BB app is still in beta?
    04-13-11 10:37 AM
    I believe it's still in development
    04-13-11 10:49 AM
    So it is in the works? That's good, I was wondering...
    04-13-11 11:25 AM
    FYI.
    When I first got my PB, I tried to pair it to my
    2010 Buick with OnStar but it wouldn't recognize a BlackBerry that was NOT a phone. Bummer.
    05-16-11 09:26 PM
    I emailed onstar last week and the reply said that engineers are reviewing the feasibility of making the MyLink app available for Blackberry. I say if people are interested to please email and call them to force their hand.
    mssca likes this.
    05-21-11 09:01 AM
    Also, this could reduce potential customers for GM if the OnStar is on on BBs. They should quickly get it out because some people consider buying the vehicle just because OnStar.
    05-21-11 09:11 AM
    I think the loss of potential BB users because they can't use the Onstar app is far more likely than some one not buying the car. GM will sell millions of vehicles this year and in turn millions of people will realize that they are deprived of the convenience of this app. It's not like we are talking about angry birds or some other toy app, this is an extremely useful and well marketed app. Let's say you weigh all the options and your purchase comes down to the availability of the Onstar app, you buy the car, only to realize you can't get the app on your BB. You probably head to the nearest wireless store in you new car and get a compatible phone. RIMM has much more to lose than GM/Onstar, that is exactly why they should have developed the app themselves by now, instead of standing around with thumbs in dumb canadian @sses! When I purchase my next new vehicle soon, I will regrettably leave BB for a phone compatible with the Onstar app, I guarantee you I will not be alone.
    11-05-11 11:25 AM
    I think 21hawk is right that not many people will buy a different truck or car because they is no app and maybe some might change phones (not myself or many with a 3 year contract and a $600 phone) but it may tip the scales on weather I continue with onstar after the 6 months included with my truck.
    11-19-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD