hey everybody,

I've recently aquired a BB torch and unfortunately installed the mentioned software. To my great surprise, I've recived an email from them to my university email account, which I *never ever* use for anything besides university stuff.
    The only explanation for me is, that this app has sniffed and sent my emailadress without my authorisation to them, which is quite a scandal. I've deleted the application as soon as I saw that I wanted to have access to my personal stuff, but still, this email adress got out.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Cheers
    12-26-10 09:30 AM
    This has been reported on several occasions by members unfortunate enough to do business with this so called company. Search the forums to see the experience of other members.
    12-26-10 09:40 AM
    Oh dear. I feel stupid.

And angry. Very angry. Why the **** is this so called company allowed to offer more applications, EVEN THROU THE BB STORE if this business practice is known?

This is outrageous.
    12-26-10 10:02 AM
    Here's a link that helps explain
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/why-...r-apps-569582/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 12:42 PM
    Just donated my .99 Last time I will buy an app thru CB, thought you would at least scrub apps like this before selling to your forum members. It needs "personal info" access??? Come on??? To turn on a friggin light? Now Im out a buck for this crap...
    01-30-11 02:01 PM
    Just donated my .99 Last time I will buy an app thru CB, thought you would at least scrub apps like this before selling to your forum members. It needs "personal info" access??? Come on??? To turn on a friggin light? Now Im out a buck for this crap...
    I'd rather pay .99 cents then have all my contacts spammed by them
    01-30-11 02:21 PM
    I'd rather pay .99 cents then have all my contacts spammed by them
    Just wish I had searched and found this thread before I wasted a dollar...didn't think I needed to SINCE I BOUGHT IT THRU CB !!!! lol
    01-30-11 03:10 PM
    Just wish I had searched and found this thread before I wasted a dollar...didn't think I needed to SINCE I BOUGHT IT THRU CB !!!! lol
    That was my first tought too .. .
    01-30-11 03:14 PM
    Jared Company = Spam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 03:26 PM
    The CB app store is controlled by mobihand, not CB.
    01-30-11 05:08 PM
    The CB app store is controlled by mobihand, not CB.
    Doesn't matter...if you're a retailer, you should be responsible for your vendors as well and make sure you are passing along safe products, or AT LEAST pull them once you are made aware of a problem. That's a cop out for CB.

Not to mention, it says "Crackberry App Store" at the top of the page...nope, doesn't pass with me...no excuse!
    01-31-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD