I'd like to keep as much of the Tour's RAM unused while keeping Apps on my 2GB SD Memory Card (if possible). 1) Is it possible to transfer my installed Apps stored in main memory onto my memory card, 2) if so, is there any decrease in performance having apps run from the memory card, 3) lastly, how would you go about transferring the apps from one memory type to the other?
    10-02-09 08:52 AM
    1. you can't. If you uninstall an app it will be archived on your memory card but there is no way to run apps from your memory card.

2. I've not heard of any Tour owner having problems with this because it has so much onboard memory.
    10-02-09 09:08 AM
    You can't (currently) install apps on the sd card. Future OS' may give us the option, but not yet. You won't seen a decrease in performance until your free memory hits single digits - which is quite unlikely with a Tour.

If you memory gets low, do a battery pull. Or check out QuickPull in the CB App Store.
    10-02-09 09:11 AM
    I believe there's an app for it, but you have to use the app to install other apps onto the media card. And, of course, using external memory will be slower than using system memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 09:12 AM
    I believe there's an app for it, but you have to use the app to install other apps onto the media card. And, of course, using external memory will be slower than using system memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do you mean the Aerize card loader? I've heard it doesn't work well. And that it only works with certain apps. I've never tried it though.
    10-02-09 10:11 AM
    question for the op - what is your free memory? If you're running low, we can help you optimize.
    10-02-09 10:31 AM
    Yeah, I am amazed your memory is low. I have 20+ apps loaded on my Tour and I have 88Megabytes free. I am amazed at how much memory I have after all the apps I am constantly running.

Simple things like making sure the camera puts all pictures on the SD card and moving all music off the main memory to the SD card may help?

-frank
    10-02-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD