Is there a means to get an older copy of App World via OTA (browse with the BlackBerry itself no desktop computer needed and install it that way?) from like version 1 and up? i want to replace the unstable .73 update that refuses to connect with an older version. i tried Beta Zone but i don't have a license key. thanks for any help! i cannot use Desktop software on my main computer because i use Linux and it only runs in Windows (and it does not work in Wine)
    10-02-11 04:26 PM
    Have you tried dualbooting Windows? I know that is slightly off topic but I also tried going all ubuntu and I wiped windows off my machine. After a week, I couldn't stand it anymore. There are way too many programs that windows has that Ubuntu don't (and wine won't load).
    10-02-11 09:25 PM
    I do have a second HDD with Windows XP Corporate but still would prefer an OTA solution. Easier than wiping my device and losing everything or worse, bricking it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 10:40 PM
    FYI, if you just want to install a cod file in Linux, you can use bjavaloader from barry-util package. Just type:

bjavaloader load name_of_cod.cod

So far it is quite safe for me.
    10-03-11 01:58 AM
    That's a little over my head bud! I use linux I am no guru.

10-03-11 06:16 PM
    RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE

10-04-11 07:56 AM
    Thanks but unless you have the license key those beta versions are useless.

10-04-11 10:22 PM
    Thanks but unless you have the license key those beta versions are useless.
    Ummm. Ryshhh provided an older application archive link for you. No BetaZone codes are needed. You need to actually look at the links provided and not just immediately dismiss the information.

The link for some of the older versions are here...
    RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE

You are probably confusing it with this link here...
    RROYY - BETA APPLICATIONS

One link states beta, the other doesn't.
    10-04-11 10:49 PM
    I downloaded one and when I clicked to accept it said 'invalid keycode' so yes it needs a key. Someone help please I cannot download apps

10-05-11 09:40 PM
    the archive doesn't have app world--which is what I am asking for

10-05-11 09:41 PM
    Can someone just give me a key so I can get app world back?

10-05-11 09:42 PM
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/AppWorld.jad

Delete old App world first, restart phone and install this version. Its 2.1.4.13. Works flawless for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    nickdalzell1 and lifeofchaoss like this.
    10-05-11 09:44 PM
    ok thanks i will let you know the results. it is rebooting now as we speak, for some reason my Curve takes a half hour to reboot. always did. first time i ever had trouble out of my BB, i usually upgrade and nothing bad happens (nothing good or new either for the most part, it is just ritualistic to always have the latest version of something and unless it gives me trouble or has a completely unfamiliar interface afterwards i usually update for security/stability reasons) but App World .73 my god! it is heck to get connected and when i do it refuses my ID and password, three times, takes an hour to do a ten minute task. i probably waited two hours of screaming at my BB before i could even get Photobucket Mobile to download/install. i never had that kind of trouble. last weekend everything was fine until after i upgraded then it didn't connect for two days. things like that reminded me of my horror using Android. the horror.
    Last edited by nickdalzell1; 10-05-11 at 09:53 PM.
    10-05-11 09:50 PM
    EDIT: The Archive has working downloads. Vsharm yours tries to download and gets to 1/4 and then i get an Internal Server Download failed message. saying 'invalid COD' not sure what that means
    10-05-11 10:18 PM
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/AppWorld.jad

Try this from your browser.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-05-11 10:26 PM
    it's ok i downloaded version 2.x.x.9 from the archive site and it is working again YAY! sorry for the many bothersome comments. it was just driving me batty to upgrade then have absolutely limited or even zero ability to use it.
    10-05-11 10:31 PM
    I downloaded one and when I clicked to accept it said 'invalid keycode' so yes it needs a key. Someone help please I cannot download apps
    From the archive link I posted, no, it does NOT require a keycode. RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE
    the archive doesn't have app world--which is what I am asking for
    The archive definitely DOES have AppWorld. for OS5 through OS7. Please look again.
    BlackBerry App World v2.1.4.9 (OS5)
    Download

BlackBerry App World v2.1.4.9 (OS6)
    Download

BlackBerry App World v2.1.4.9 (OS7)
    Download

BlackBerry App World v2.1.4.13 (OS7)
    Download
    Can someone just give me a key so I can get app world back?
    No one can provide a beta keycode for you. They are device specific to BetaZone members and provided by RIM. If someone gave you their keycode, it still would not work. Try joining BetaZone your self to obtain keycodes for the various beta offering they have. www.blackberry.com/beta
    The Archive has working downloads....
    Yes. We know. You just need to take it easy and look carefully.
    I get an Internal Server Download failed message. saying 'invalid COD' not sure what that means
    Invalid Cod/Jar. This generally means it is an incomplete/missing file/module, there is a corrupt file/module, or the signal used was not strong enough. Basically.
    Livelink - Redirection

Try not to let it upset you so much. Sometimes, things happen...
    HTH.
    nickdalzell1 likes this.
    10-05-11 10:44 PM
    Thanks, just what I need. upgraded to latest and icon disappeared.
    Back to older version and all good.

Seems they are looking into the issue..
    KB32984-After an upgrade BlackBerry App World will not start with the error "Uncaught exception:no application instance"
    11-03-12 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD