Ok, so my calendar is showing peoples birthdays from facebook. Ok it wouldn't be a big deal but the birthdays are like 6 months out, or more even sometimes and they show up more then once. Thats just annoying having that in my calendar all the time. I don't really like a lot of stuff in it and I also like it to be relevant.

So all to no avail I've turned off all facebook notifications, deleted the calendar entries multiple times, rebooted the phone multiple times. They go away for a little while and come back. Did a little research, I'm not the only one that has this problem. Deleted the Facebook CICAL multiple times, don't even think I have one now, they still come back. They always come back.

Any way to get rid of them permanently?
    Last edited by loki993; 04-26-11 at 10:03 AM.
    04-26-11 09:59 AM
    I have the same ongoing issue. Best solution I've found that seems to work so far is to uncheck the calendar option in the Facebook app, then clear the calendar via DM. Granted you'll have to restore the calendar if you have other appointments, but if you sync to Google or something you can manually kill the birthdays and hope they don't come back. Unfortunately no solid easy solution to get it done. They always seem to magically reappear.
    04-26-11 10:06 AM
    I've got the same issue as well. I've tried deleting the CICAL and removing all birthdays with the Calendar option in FB unchecked. They still return. I'm wondering if it is linking through the Contacts option in FB. I have yet to try unchecking that option, deleting the service book and clearing the calendar but I may give that a try. It would be nice if we could find a solution.
    04-27-11 04:06 PM
    Deleting the CICAL will not remove the birthdays. If you are going to do that, before deleting the CICAL, go into your calender, press MENU, scroll and select "Select Calender" and then make sure that the Facebook is selected. This is will effectively make it so that only FB reminders will be displayed. You can delete all entries, then delete the CICAL file.
    04-27-11 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD