Just installed version 2.4.609. Any idea what was added?
    08-16-10 08:38 PM
    WhatsApp refuses to open for me. When I select it nothing happens, and popping up the app switcher takes it to a white screen, where my phone promptly freezes and a battery pull is needed. It keeps doing this...I tried deleting and reinstalling, everything. Help!
    08-26-10 08:53 PM
    I got it to open...but I can't invite a contact. Well, I can, but when he sends me a message it just arrives as an SMS. Help!
    08-26-10 09:39 PM
    Is there any way to send a file (not a pic, vid, or voice message) with whatsapp?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 07:00 AM
    Hello, I'm from Mexico. I bought the app in june (BB 8520) and was working perfectly until yesterday. Because of some browser trouble (nothing to do with Whatsapp) I had to pull the battery. When I tried to use Whatsapp it asked for my phone number again. It doesn`t recognize it and says "error sending sms" over and over again, even though I have enough credit to send and receive. This has never happened before.
    HELP!! I need my app back!!
    Thanks
    08-30-10 09:12 AM
    I'm in the US...and using WhatsApp...and it's running VERY slowly...sometimes not at all...is the system down today? Included in my texting is messaging from the US to the UK...don't know if there's a problem on this end or their end.
    09-02-10 07:21 PM
    i did not like it
    it drain my battery
    09-02-10 09:41 PM
    Keeping in mind that ANY app you use that accesses data transmission, is going to use battery life. That being said, I find minimal drain. I still make it through 24 hours with phone, tons of email, a game or two and some WhatsApp use every day. I close it when I'm not texting.

i did not like it
    it drain my battery
    09-03-10 01:27 AM
    Is it just me, or does this app just constantly leak memory? I still use it, but I've found that my memory drops very steadily...I used to be able to go for at least two weeks without having to pull my battery due to slowdowns/freezeups from lack of memory, but I can barely go a week with WhatsApp. I drop about 10-15 MB a day, which didn't happen before.
    09-12-10 02:11 PM
    It has not be eating memory on my S2, but I have to say that lately, I'm getting some freezes (even though there's plenty of memory available) that I'm beginning to suspect is related to WA.

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be much support going on.

Is it just me, or does this app just constantly leak memory? I still use it, but I've found that my memory drops very steadily...I used to be able to go for at least two weeks without having to pull my battery due to slowdowns/freezeups from lack of memory, but I can barely go a week with WhatsApp. I drop about 10-15 MB a day, which didn't happen before.
    09-12-10 02:49 PM
    Yeah, I've noticed the lack of support. I wonder if they are working on a new version...?
    09-12-10 08:42 PM
    Well, here's what I can tell you. Early on with the app, there were numerous complaints about "constant updates." I did not have it then so I cannot attest to this. I know that if I do a battery pull and, upon reboot, check WhatsApp, there is about a 3 minute process where it's "Updating" but I do not think it's installing new versions. The other day, I went to their website (again, found little evidence of tech support) and noticed that there was a slightly newer version available for download then what I had, so I did do the DL and installation. The latest version is 2.4.6280 (for BB). Also, it does appear that they MAY respond to Tweets, should you happen to do that sort of thing (I don't..hate 'em).

Yeah, I've noticed the lack of support. I wonder if they are working on a new version...?
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 09-12-10 at 09:40 PM.
    09-12-10 09:30 PM
    thanks energy. i'm like you, actually...the version i got when i started using whatsapp was 2.4.6280 (i think)...but i agree with your point about it "updating"--who knows if that happened with me and the app got updated. i've noticed that long process too. has anyone figured out what that is?

i do tweet...so maybe i'll try bothering them there.
    09-13-10 11:41 AM
    at least whatsapp notifies
    09-13-10 11:43 AM
    Yeah...I really like the app. I do have occasional problems with it (I think it's the app) freezing my phone up. I'm not sure if it's WA doing this or not, but there seems to be some correlation between when I have an email coming in while I happen to have WA running. It doesn't happen all the time though, so I'm not positive.

It really is easy to send text, voice notes, photos, etc. though. I have tried on two occasions to send a short video from my BB to an iPhone user, but the transmission hung up both times, so not sure what that is about (or if it would even play on the iPhone).

The developer seems heavily involved in promoting his WordPress business, I somehow thing WA is something he may be trying to gear up on the side. At any rate, I hope the app continues to be supported and we see evolution.

at least whatsapp notifies
    09-13-10 11:58 AM
    Two things I would like to see

one - Whatsapp closes down using the esc button rather than just minimises -I hate BB button and exit
    two - Bubbles like all other chat apps

and any chance of it being released for Androids
    09-13-10 12:09 PM
    If you go to their website at whatsapp.com, you'll see a post that they are not planning to support Android 2.1 at this time. But somewhere else on their site, I saw some reference to it in Beta. I may have the facts wrong, I didn't give that much attention since nobody I know well enough to text uses Android, but I got the impression it was happening. It would certainly make sense.

Notice how few people are interested in this thread? Hmmmmm. My friend in England, who has an iPhone 4, told me about WA, since I don't have a Text plan (seriously, I am not a big fan of texting, but very happy to be told about this app). I wonder if it's more popular over there?

Stone, let us know how the tweet thing goes. But then, there's yet another app I don't use (really...drives me nuts)!

EDIT: OH WAIT, LOL!!! I just noticed you are from the UK...so maybe you can answer that question

Two things I would like to see

one - Whatsapp closes down using the esc button rather than just minimises -I hate BB button and exit
    two - Bubbles like all other chat apps

and any chance of it being released for Androids
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 09-13-10 at 12:17 PM.
    09-13-10 12:14 PM
    I am from the uk and most unlimted text contracts are more expensive than pay as you go or limited text contracts. So yes perhaps these messenger apps are more popular. Altho I just may have cheap friends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 04:45 PM
    I've used Kik Messenger for a little bit, and that for some reason didn't incorporate sound profiles with my device...so I didn't get any sort of notification at all. The support for Kik is a lot more frequent/responsive than WhatsApp, but I do like WhatsApp for its notifications and the fact that you can send files.

Energy, interesting to point out that there hardly seems to be people on this thread...maybe they are just satisfied as can be with the app? I feel like the app is very "rudimentary"...and I think the lack of a bubble-style layout like cabletow mentioned adds to it...it just seems unpolished to me. But at least it works...for the most part.
    09-14-10 12:07 PM
    I don't think there's an app in the marketplace that doesn't have SOME complaints! I don't think it's that everyone's "satisfied" lol. It does have my puzzled though.

I honestly am getting the impression that this app development is a step-child to the developer. He seems more focused on his WordPress development than on WhatsApp. That may change when he gets it up to where he wants it and then begins charging an annual fee. Yeah, sending files, voice notes, photos, etc. is terrific!

I've used Kik Messenger for a little bit, and that for some reason didn't incorporate sound profiles with my device...so I didn't get any sort of notification at all. The support for Kik is a lot more frequent/responsive than WhatsApp, but I do like WhatsApp for its notifications and the fact that you can send files.

Energy, interesting to point out that there hardly seems to be people on this thread...maybe they are just satisfied as can be with the app? I feel like the app is very "rudimentary"...and I think the lack of a bubble-style layout like cabletow mentioned adds to it...it just seems unpolished to me. But at least it works...for the most part.
    09-14-10 01:18 PM
    hi, ive tried everything on the list and reinstalled it about 20 times and still my whatsapp won't register or connect.
    i own a 9520 and im pretty sure that its os is up to date.
    any solutions?
    thanks
    10-01-10 08:45 AM
    It has been, for me, so skittish for the past few weeks that I've come to think of it as totally unreliable. It's great when it's working but sometimes, in mid-conversation, it hangs. That happens often enough that I've told friends that if they have something important (i.e., a meeting time/location) to email it, don't depend on WA. I love this app but I'm growing frustrated over the inconsistancy.
    10-02-10 01:04 PM
    Seem to have an issue with WhatsApp for BB, wont play media when it's installed, after I remove it, the media starts working. tried a few times to make sure it is WhatsApp! How can I solve this?
    10-06-10 08:28 AM
    Hi

I have the same issue as above.

When i install Whatsapp! on my bb bold 9700 (latest os 5.0.0.586) it works fine after install.

When i re-boot the phone (hard reboot removing battery), it says the following:

Uncaught exception: A browser content provider for video/3gp MIME has already been registered with browser

I press ok on this warning message, media will not play after this point: if i choose a any media file it says "unable to play content" but phone works fine otherwise.

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS PLEASE? Any help appreciated... Simply uninstalling the application and re-booting returns the phone to its normal status and media plays fine after that.

Thanks
    Last edited by salmanc; 11-02-10 at 07:44 AM. Reason: was not clear.
    11-02-10 07:31 AM
    Because i have blackberry 9700 with OS6 and my country is not supported by the blackberry appworld i will need hekp how to install WhatsApp for my blackberry because the website doesnt recognize hte OS and he claim that the OS is too old.

thanks
    11-03-10 09:52 AM
351 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD