Official WhatsApp Messenger support thread
We have compiled Top 10 most common settings to tweak and check if you are having problems with WhatsApp on your BlackBerry. Here are they are:
0. make sure you have deleted old copy, rebooting your device and re-installed latest version 2.3 from WhatsApp Messenger for Blackberry
1. make sure that Options > Mobile Network > Data Services are set to On
2. make sure that Options > Security Options > Firewall > Status is Disabled and Block Incoming Messages are not enabled
3. make sure that Options > Security Options > Application Permissions > WhatsApp > Edit Permissions is set to Allow for everything.
4. make sure that Options > Security Options > General Settings > Content Compressions is Disabled
5. make sure that Options > Security Options > General Settings > Content Protection is Disabled (or if Enabled, Include Contacts is excluded and set to No)
6. for insufficient network coverage error, check out insufficient network coverage blackberry - Google Search
7. make sure that everything is enabled under Options > Advanced Options > Browser Push
8. make sure that APN is configured correctly under Options > Advanced Options > TCP (see apn blackberry - Google Search for more)
9. make sure you have radio data activation enabled: "Radio Data Activation: No" blackberry - Google Search
We hope that people will find these useful (even when trying to get other applications to work).
We also hope to grow this list with your comments, solutions and suggestions to various issues that you might face and solve.
- 04-13-10, 11:04 PM #3
I tried to install WhatsApp, but was turned off that it was forcing me to submit my phone number. I could not find a way around this. Why does it require my number? I want to try it, but am not comfortable giving my phone number.
- 04-13-10, 11:22 PM #5
- 06-22-10, 10:37 PM #11
Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of 2.4.4316, but have trouble.
I am using a blackberry 9700 with OS18.104.22.1683 with NTT Japan (3G UMTS).
When I am trying to start up for the first time, it goes to the Confirmation of #. When it says "sending SMS to #" I keep on getting the "error sending sms to #"
How can I fix this? I also tried writing to support(dot)whatsapp.com over 3 times already, but have received no real reply.
- CrackBerry Newbie
07-01-10, 01:14 AM #16
- 1 Posts
I have a BB Tour unlocked to AT&T. I installed Whatsapp and on start up it goes through it's diagnostic and gets to registration - then it sticks there forever. I ran the diagnostic test on my BB and it tells me the same stuff
Device Type: BlackBerry 9630
Application Version: v22.214.171.1242
Platform Version: 126.96.36.1994
Service Books: RIM_IM,BBIM,BBIM,BBIMConfig,BBIMConfig,BBIMConfig, IPPP,LbsConfig,OTASL,WAPPushConfig,BrowserConfig,C MIME,KEYNEGO,CMIME,CICAL,CMIME,CICAL,BBIM,KEYNEGO, CICAL,PROVISIONING
Free File Space: 71069397 bytes
Radio Data Activation: No
Signal Level: Unknown
Radio Access: Unknown
IP Address: Unknown
ICMP Ping Echo: Abort
BlackBerry Registration: Abort
Connected to BlackBerry: Abort
BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort
This makes no sense to me at all because all my data services are working - email, text, BBM, internet, etc. So obviously my data and radio are working. However it should appear like that in the diagnostic and Whatsapp will not start. No one at AT&T or Whatsapp support can help in any way. Anyone have any idea how to fix this and get me up and running with Whatsapp? I am trying to get a text/IM setup with a business partner I have in South America who is on an iPhone and we thought this would be great - but can't get it to run. Help.
- CrackBerry User
07-01-10, 07:31 AM #18
- 30 Posts
Hi everyone, something very strange happenened, just downloaded and worked well, then realised that my BBm messages won't send or receive !
only when i turn off the network signal and back on BBM text will receive and send for abour 3mins, then won't work again,
i deleted and reinstalled 3times whatsapp to see if it was really the problem.
It is... don't really know what to do, whatsapp is great but BBM... is better
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-09-10, 05:00 AM #21
- 174 Posts
i have recently downloaded whatsapp to my blackberry so that i can chat with my friend who has an iphone.. everything works fine until weve been chatting a while and i get an 'uncaught exception' error message stating that whatsapp is not responding and then it wont let me chat with her anymore.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it did it again after a while. if i end the conversation it seems to work ok again.. but then obviously i cant see what shes last written. any ideas?
i have a bold 9700 OS 5.0
thanks in advance,
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-09-10, 05:09 AM #22
- 174 Posts
and btw, the icon is gone from my menu.....it is not there at the applications folder, not at the downloads folder.....
what is going on?
I purchased the app, but still not working. Still sending me messages that my version of WA has a 'critical bug' .... and the 'uncaught exception'-error is still there...
- CrackBerry Newbie
07-09-10, 08:30 AM #23
- 2 Posts
i got the reply from the support from Whats app. here it is..
Subject: Re: Whats app for Blackberry JAPAN
Do you have enough SMS credits on your account to allow sending and receiving of an SMS for authentication?
and i replied them back but there's still no ans!!!
- 07-09-10, 12:59 PM #24
I have whatsapp on my bold 9700 for 2 months now. no problem with registering with phone number. 3 weeks ago, there was some registering problem which affected whatsapp server. but these 2 weeks, it has been working well. no problem or whatsoever. Great product.