Just a quick update on my earlier post.

I've deleted Whatsapp, and I recommend that other people do so as well. It is simply crazy to allow the permissions to this app which it requires to run. The responses to questions about permissions on thread and in other places are far to oblique to justify the collection of music playlists, etc., and a whole range of personal data.

I may continue to play with this app in order to run some data packet tests... but I'll be convincing my friends to use some other messaging app.

-cb
    09-30-12 11:24 AM
    I chatted with a person this morning, but after the update (newest Whatsapp version), the "last seen" status of the person was showing September 25, is it my phone's problem? I'm using BB9900 newest OS build and have BIS.....thanks for help
    09-30-12 05:36 PM
    Just out of interest, has anyone managed to run Whatsapp with a restricted set of permissions? I mean without the free-for-all of "Allow" everything.

-cb
    10-01-12 02:58 AM
    Just out of interest, has anyone managed to run Whatsapp with a restricted set of permissions? I mean without the free-for-all of "Allow" everything.

-cb
    Yes! Here are the permissions I've set to prompt or deny (indicated with a P or D next to it) :

Connections

Phone (P)
    Location Data (P)

Interactions
    Input sim. (D)
    Browser filtering (D)
    Recording (D)
    Sec. timer reset (D)
    Display info. when locked (D)

If Email permissions under User Data weren't necessary for registration, I would've set them to prompt or deny as well.
    10-01-12 01:13 PM
    Alright.

I gave whatsapp access to all the permissions it needs (and all the bonus ones) and I keep getting this error!

Under Message History:
    Error sqlite error (get messages before): net.rim.device.api.database.Database Exception: reset(): SQL logic error or missing database.

It happens if I try to save chat history to SD card or internal memory regardless.

When I'm in chats it says: Message History Disabled

Would be nice to have it save chatlogs..... For when resets and battery pulls happen.....
    antikorr likes this.
    10-07-12 07:05 AM
    I had that too. Just deleted the whatsapp folder on the SD card and started fresh.

Im sure with a bit of fiddling you could restore it, but couldnt be bothered.

Although, my gf did fix hers with a series of reboots. Strange error.
    10-07-12 07:47 AM
    Any time I get chat history loss, I just toggle the save-to-media-card setting (change, save, change back, save.) That usually fixes my history related errors.
    10-07-12 11:14 AM
    I had that too. Just deleted the whatsapp folder on the SD card and started fresh.

Im sure with a bit of fiddling you could restore it, but couldnt be bothered.

Although, my gf did fix hers with a series of reboots. Strange error.
    Tried that and even reformateded SD to no avail
    TomJasper likes this.
    10-07-12 12:19 PM
    Maybe it was a bad install. delete and try again?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-07-12 04:02 PM
    Doesn't make a difference
    10-09-12 12:20 AM
    When i try to install it when I enter my phone number it gives me an error message that says "application already running in this process"
    Whats the fix
    10-11-12 10:07 AM
    Hello, is there a way to hide the "Last Seen" status in Whatsapp on a Blackberry Torch?

Thanks!
    10-22-12 09:48 AM
    perhaps the icon for whatsapp messages in the Messages folder could be updated? it looks really ancient
    10-23-12 12:47 AM
    Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I didn't know where else to put this.

I have whatsapp installed on the blackberry 9900. It's works fine. I just want to know how I can fully exit the app. When I exit it, messages still come up in my message list. I'd like to be able to log out essentially, and then log back in when I want to check messages, rather than having them appear in my feed all the time.

I hope that makes sense!
    thanks
    Nancy
    11-26-12 07:36 PM
    Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I didn't know where else to put this.

I have whatsapp installed on the blackberry 9900. It's works fine. I just want to know how I can fully exit the app. When I exit it, messages still come up in my message list. I'd like to be able to log out essentially, and then log back in when I want to check messages, rather than having them appear in my feed all the time.

I hope that makes sense!
    thanks
    Nancy
    Go into Whatsapp settings which are accessed by clicking on the menu bar icon that looks like a wheel. After that, Advanced Settings>Show Chats in Messages Folder (off).

I'm not entirely sure what happens afterwards--as in, how this feature is implemented
    11-26-12 08:37 PM
    Go into Whatsapp settings which are accessed by clicking on the menu bar icon that looks like a wheel. After that, Advanced Settings>Show Chats in Messages Folder (off).

I'm not entirely sure what happens afterwards--as in, how this feature is implemented
    oops! sorry - didnt spot that option thanks
    11-26-12 11:02 PM
    oops! sorry - didnt spot that option thanks
    ok well I just did that and it makes no difference... I am still getting the notification that there's a whatsapp message. What I want is to be able to completely log out of whatsapp, not get the notification at all, and then log in when I choose to check it.. Is that possible?
    11-26-12 11:08 PM
    ok well I just did that and it makes no difference... I am still getting the notification that there's a whatsapp message. What I want is to be able to completely log out of whatsapp, not get the notification at all, and then log in when I choose to check it.. Is that possible?
    Did you reboot your phone? I think you need to do that for the change to take place.

There's no way to log out of Whatsapp. I get messages even after I upgrade the app, and haven't entered my name, etc.
    11-26-12 11:52 PM
    yep I rebooted
    11-27-12 03:19 AM
    Is there a way to disable "Compose Whatsapp" in Message Folders menu? I always double tap the BB button in Message folder to compose a new email but now it compose Whatsapp instead.
    11-27-12 07:42 AM
    http://www.whatsapp.com/bb/no-media-card

If none of the suggestions in this article work, then please contact support.
    Do you work with What'sApp in support?
    11-30-12 08:21 PM
    Do you work with What'sApp in support?
    I'm actually one of the developers, which is why my responses tend to be few and far between (or more technical). I follow these forums regularly to see what the end-user is running into outside of the usual support process.
    12-03-12 11:54 AM
    I'm actually one of the developers, which is why my responses tend to be few and far between (or more technical). I follow these forums regularly to see what the end-user is running into outside of the usual support process.
    Just read the article on Crackberry's front page saying Whatsapp would not be supported on BB10 "at the moment"...

Just wanted to get this out... PLEASE support it and make it available, a lot of people I know rely on Whatsapp to make free international text messages and it's very popular among the people I know. Not having it on BB10 would be pretty devastating to me...
    12-15-12 05:27 PM
    suppose i last went to whatsapp at 11p.m. but my last seen time apeears as 11.30pm or 12.30 am
    01-24-13 03:41 AM
    Hi there. Iphone got this setting that allows u to disable the last seen user online status. Is there anyway to disable the online status for blackberry? Thanks.
    01-24-13 10:03 AM
351 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD