I cannot wad through 12 pages of text

But is it me or FB 1.5 now upload MUCH better picture??! It seem on par with the iphone' mobile upload, much less compression?

Storm's 3.2mpix camera + less compression = WINS
    04-28-09 11:53 PM
    After a lot of screwing around with 1.5 and my 8330 last night I finally got my calendar straightened out. For those of you still having calendar problems this is what I did and hope it helps: I deleted the FB 1.5 app and all of the CICAL service books, then I went into the BB Desktop to BACKUP/RESTORE --> Advanced and in the right hand column I "Cleared" the "Calendar" and "Calendar All" databases. This completely erases everything from your BB calendar. I then resent the service books and set up a one way sync from Outlook Calendar to DEvice. This then restored my calendar back to its original state. From there I downloaded FB 1.5.32. The calendar should come up as one of your email addresses by default. If it comes up as the FB calendar by default you should be able to switch it to another calendar based on one of your email addresses. After all of this both my calendar and FB 1.5 seem to work and all is good. I know this post might be a little long winded, but I hope it can help someone out there.
    04-29-09 08:10 AM
    Now that some time has passed, am I the only one who it only syncs the contacts pic, name, and company? And only the events and not bdays? I removed .31 rebooted BB checked to make sure service books and any other possible garbage wasn't left behind and then installed .32. But nothing new synced over to my BB. I did note that I didn't have to link any contacts through the auto detect or manually this time around where as with the original install I had to manually link many contacts after the setup process of the automatic detected ones. So perhaps there was some hidden or unknown to me left behind piece from the previous version. I was really hoping this would tide me over until I get a palm pre. It is really a pain having to dig multiple places for contact info and calendar stuff.
    04-29-09 02:00 PM
    I've actually tried to manually request phone numbers for some of my contacts, and I got a notificvation that they responded with a number that was added to my facebook phone book. Only problem is that this did not happen, I cannot find their number anywhere in the app, on mobile site phonebook, regular site phonebook, or my addressbook. I still have the option to request the phone number.

Has anyone been able to pull phone numbers manually like this, and is it possible to get email addresses if the conytacts are sharing them. It currently seems pointless to add contacts to your address book if they weren't already there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 05:25 PM
    Can I disable group invites notification on my phone? It starts getting annoying...
    04-30-09 01:32 AM
    GENIUS. Nice find, I didn't notice that before!

And now onto a confusing problem I'm having with 1.5. My calendar is not duplicating (which is a good thing!) but it also isn't displaying ALL of my birthdays. For instance: I have 4 friends' birthdays on the web-based facebook, however only one of them is shown in my calendar. I tried removing the FB calendar and then putting it back on, but it did not work.

I don't mind not having emails and other information synched from Facebook to my address book because it's mainly the picture I enjoy, but having one birthday kindof really irks me. I mean, if it can pull one birthday, why can't it pull the other ones?

Has anyone else had this problem?
    I am having the same problem. Only some of the birthdays are coming through. On top of that, some birthdays show up as all day events, and some start at 8pm the night before to 8pm the next day. How can this be fixed?

I have tried to go into all of them and make them all day events, but it reverts after another thing is added to the facebook calendar.

Also, anyway to get number/email off of facebook and into the phonebook?
    04-30-09 11:50 AM
    I'm going to try to explain my "issue" w/facebook app and see if it makes sense and if anyone has a solution. I've had any facebook app that's been updated since October 2008. In all of the various versions, i have NEVER been able to read what someone has commented on my status, etc. When I get a notification that says someone has commented and I click on it, all that says is "(friends name) has commented on your status" and I cant click anywhere to see what they commented other than to go to my email and open up that notification or go directly to the fb mobile site and read it from there. HOWEVER, right after the 1.5 version came out I received one of the new notifications in my messages with the new fb icon listed, clicked on it and it actually showed me what my friend commented! I was thrilled and assumed that was one of the new fixes in the latest version. Unfortunately, that was the one and only time I was able to read what someone commented.
    I have gone through all that I know to go through on my phone, fb, etc trying to see if I've missed checking something so that I can read my posted comments from my friends.
    Does this make sense enough to anyone that they can help me w/this issue? Please???!!! It would make my day to be able to read a comment w/o having to go to my mailbox and open it up from there.
    Thanks for any and all help!
    05-01-09 11:13 AM
    Update for my particular issue. finally after days (even a week probably) it has finally synced bdays over but it still has not transferred addresses, phone numbers, email, or other contact info. It still only has transferred the name, company and pic for all contacts. Even tried manually entering a few contacts email addresses in hopes that would spur it on to transfer all contact info but still nada.
    05-02-09 01:35 AM
    I'm going to try to explain my "issue" w/facebook app and see if it makes sense and if anyone has a solution. I've had any facebook app that's been updated since October 2008. In all of the various versions, i have NEVER been able to read what someone has commented on my status, etc. When I get a notification that says someone has commented and I click on it, all that says is "(friends name) has commented on your status" and I cant click anywhere to see what they commented other than to go to my email and open up that notification or go directly to the fb mobile site and read it from there. HOWEVER, right after the 1.5 version came out I received one of the new notifications in my messages with the new fb icon listed, clicked on it and it actually showed me what my friend commented! I was thrilled and assumed that was one of the new fixes in the latest version. Unfortunately, that was the one and only time I was able to read what someone commented.
    I have gone through all that I know to go through on my phone, fb, etc trying to see if I've missed checking something so that I can read my posted comments from my friends.
    Does this make sense enough to anyone that they can help me w/this issue? Please???!!! It would make my day to be able to read a comment w/o having to go to my mailbox and open it up from there.
    Thanks for any and all help!
    I am having the exact same issue! I have tried everything recommended by everyone - I am beginning to think it has something to do with Gmail. Do you use gmail too?
    05-04-09 08:31 AM
    Yes, I do use gmail..maybe I"ll try switching it over to my yahoo account and see if that makes a diff...will let you know what happens!
    05-04-09 11:37 AM
    so far it looks like it is having to do w/gmail..I switched over to my yahoo email and I'm getting the messages...I may need to have a little "talk" w/gmail! let me know if you figure out anything diff-I prefer gmail to yahoo so if we can get gmail to work that would be great!
    05-04-09 12:04 PM
    so far it looks like it is having to do w/gmail..I switched over to my yahoo email and I'm getting the messages...I may need to have a little "talk" w/gmail! let me know if you figure out anything diff-I prefer gmail to yahoo so if we can get gmail to work that would be great!
    Agreed. I created a Yahoo account today to test it out and it looks like it is gmail. I guess it's not too bad if I strictly use a Yahoo account for Facebook notifications, but I agree, gmail is far superior

Can any other gmail users who have no issues share their gmail setup for facebook? I think the issue is happening when the gmail gets pushed to the BB because in my computer-gmail, I can read everything just fine.
    05-04-09 12:26 PM
    I don't understand why ever since I installed the update, when I go to view a friend's profile, it is in german. I've tried reinstalling but the same thing happens. Help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 03:46 PM
188 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD