Is the official public beta being released today..or is RIM jerking my chain again..
    04-08-10 06:16 PM
    I was about to download this, but I think I will wait for the official public beta release from RIM tonight.
    04-08-10 06:31 PM
    Hmm..I've heard lots of people say this is better than UberTwitter..if it is, i'll be in BB heaven
    04-08-10 06:35 PM
    Is the official public beta being released today..or is RIM jerking my chain again..
    Yes.. The current beta (v.1.0.0.37) has been released officially by RIM. Just point your browser to Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones..

I've been using the leaked beta for sometime and it's great.. Ubertwitter has some better features (eg.friend picker) but I prefer the RIM's UI. And it loads tweets faster IMO..
    04-08-10 08:44 PM
    "Friend picker" & "Retweet (edit)" ?
    04-08-10 09:27 PM
    "Friend picker" & "Retweet (edit)" ?
    Sadly.... No..
    04-08-10 09:42 PM
    Much better than the original that was floating around a while back. Might even dump UberTwitter now.
    04-08-10 10:17 PM
    I dumped UT a few weeks ago when I started using the BB Twitter .137 leak and haven't looked back. I feel sorry for Socialscope. Between UT and BB, SS is DOA! (I know, too many acronyms...). Took them too long to get a product out.
    04-09-10 05:52 AM
    Just had a brainwave guys so let me share my new found knowledge. Retweeting with the option to Edit on the T4BB is so easy.. and i think it beats copy and paste method.

1) When on a tweet u wanna re-tweet click on options like u normally would but instead of selecting "re-tweet".. select "Send To"

2) Select "Twitter"

3) Select "Tweet"

4) You'd have to type in the "RT" and the persons "@username" whose tweet you're re-tweeting.

5) you can also now type in whatever you wanna add in..

6)click on update

I realise it looks not as quick as just selecting the standard "re-tweet" but in actual use it is more or less. In addition this shows up in your timeline too just like Ubertwitter. Only difference is Ubertwitter (since its not an official app).. can do what it wants and call it a re-tweet.

All it's really done is copied the tweet and pasted it in as a new tweet but then putting in the "RT" and the @username of the original tweeter. Thats exactly what the "Send to" option on the official app does but without the RT and "@username" which is obviously not an issue as u do intend on editing the original tweet anyway. RIM obviously did have it in mind and knew we would want it but had to stick to Twitter's specifications being the Official app. Another thing that confirms this is that on the twitter website and official app u cant retweet a persons tweets if their profile is locked/tweets protected... however with Ubertwitter you can simply cos all it's done is copied and pasted + inserted the "RT" and @username.

All i need now is Geotagging enabled and Ubertwitter will get deleted.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 05-03-10 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Added info..
    05-03-10 09:39 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD