Yell--

Can anyone please explain the working procedure of Office Communicator on BlackBerry with out on BES. It is really endue to BIS based out users.
    04-16-10 06:12 AM
    It does have requirements, which can be found here. According to RIMs own documentation it requires some sort of enterprise messaging platform and a BES. So your answer is that BIS users are not able to use this type of messaging application. There is always the BBM though.
    04-16-10 11:42 AM
    I am still checking the possible way of connecting to Office Communicator Messenger (OCM) using BIS server. I know its not going to be possible since it is tide up with BES but will be great help if someone who can tell me how to do that.
    04-22-10 03:55 AM
    It can't be done unless the BIS server is connecting to an OCS web Communicator server.

The way Enterprise Messenger works is that, in the BES, there is a setting for the Collaboration service to point to an Office Communications Server; more specifically, an OCS server that is serving as the Web Communicator role / server. The BES uses this server to funnel traffic to and from the BlackBerry Office Communicator client. Without this, the Enterprise Messenger is useless, because it does not have an OCS server to authenticate against.
    04-22-10 09:51 AM
    I have a problem signing in to communicator web access. I use BB native browser to launch communicator web access. Next to Sign In , it gives me blank page. I checked communicator help file to seek support on this issue, it says "If you are using a pop-up blocker, you must either disable it or allow pop-ups for this site in order to sign in." so i am not quite sure if the issue is related to pop-up blocker or so. if it is then i am not sure how to change the BB browser setting to allow pop-ups.
    04-23-10 03:23 AM
    I know it's an old thread, but an alternative is using FUZE Messenger. FUZE Messenger can be a bit buggy, and requires an account on their servers, but it supports access to OCS/LCS and I am able to connect to it using my account that is on a 2007 server. I haven't used it in a while since I have Office Talk side loaded on to my PlayBook and that usually goes everywhere I go.
    02-05-13 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD