I don't happen to see this kind of thread, so I thought I'd start one. What are your favorite off-the-beaten-path apps? I'm talking apps that you can't find in AppWorld, MobiHand or the CrackBerry app store. I'm looking for straight-up (free or paid) apps that maybe don't even have an icon.

My choices:

TalkTimer
    -- Big effin numbers for a simple timer. Too many timer apps have too many features or numbers that are too small. This app auto-detects your screen size.

Counter -- 10 counters. I use it when I'm counting inventory at work. It worked better on my 8100, but I'll get used to using NUMLOCK on the 9700 soon enough.

MidpSSH -- The text is tiny on this free SSH client, even for BlackBerry standards. But if I need to quick check the uptime, edit a pico document or reboot my linux server, I'd rather use this one than the $30 offering from AppWorld.

LEDReset -- The name says it all. This one-click no-interface app resets those phantom LEDs caused by any number of applications.

Those are my choices. Sometimes that getjar site is a pain to navigate, but if you need me to get you a 9700 OTA link, just let me know.
    08-21-10 12:06 AM
    SignalLoc is a musthave for me.
    08-21-10 01:34 AM
    Just got signalloc. That's a new one I'll always have to install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 10:40 PM

yup. its one of my favorites.
    08-21-10 11:17 PM
    Nice post. I'll check these out!
    08-22-10 04:24 PM
    All good choices, but this should be in 3rd party apps forum, a mod will probably move it soon.

And I use Blipplus

08-22-10 05:08 PM
    I don't happen to see this kind of thread, so I thought I'd start one. What are your favorite off-the-beaten-path apps? I'm talking apps that you can't find in AppWorld, MobiHand or the CrackBerry app store. I'm looking for straight-up (free or paid) apps that maybe don't even have an icon.

My choices:signalloc

TalkTimer
    -- Big effin numbers for a simple timer. Too many timer apps have too many features or numbers that are too small. This app auto-detects your screen size.

Counter -- 10 counters. I use it when I'm counting inventory at work. It worked better on my 8100, but I'll get used to using NUMLOCK on the 9700 soon enough.

MidpSSH -- The text is tiny on this free SSH client, even for BlackBerry standards. But if I need to quick check the uptime, edit a pico document or reboot my linux server, I'd rather use this one than the $30 offering from AppWorld.

LEDReset -- The name says it all. This one-click no-interface app resets those phantom LEDs caused by any number of applications.

Those are my choices. Sometimes that getjar site is a pain to navigate, but if you need me to get you a 9700 OTA link, just let me know.
    12-10-12 01:56 AM

What is signalloc about?
    12-10-12 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD