UPDATE - 2010-12-06 - this beta is over !

Next version of deToday was almost finalized (some bug-fixes for OS 6.0 oddities), but the team decided that Christmas is just a couple of weeks away, so we need to delay this release and add some fun features to cheer up our loyal users.

First version of deToday that supports Christmas is already available for review - all beta testers of version 2.30 have been already contacted.

Is somebody else want to participate in this quick beta - please send an e-mail to support [at] odeve.com. Please let us know what else would you like to see on your home screen this Christmas !
    Last edited by thom.sten; 12-06-10 at 02:20 AM.
    12-02-10 12:15 PM
    What are phone and OS requirements?
    12-02-10 12:20 PM
    What are phone and OS requirements?
    deToday works on OS 4.7 or newer.

You can install the current public version (free trial) from our mobile site:

http://m.odeve.com
    12-02-10 12:26 PM
    Installed and working without any hitches to-date. Perhaps, you could do a little more with the "Xmas decoration" e.g. animation or snow-fall... Screen-shots already sent via e-mail.
    12-02-10 01:57 PM
    It works well:

You might want to allow more pixels in the "top offset" position so the icon can be set at the bottom of the screen. Xmas Tree in above red screenshot is at 220 pixels. The maximum pixels is now at 250 pixels but you might want to increase to 450.
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-02-10 at 07:40 PM.
    12-02-10 02:22 PM
    The Christmas tree is pretty cool, although I'd like to be able to put it on the right side of the screen under my BerryWeather icon
    12-02-10 02:30 PM
    Just a quick capture of mine with the Christmas Tree. I also really like the Candles. Great job!

12-04-10 10:13 AM
    The Christmas tree is pretty cool, although I'd like to be able to put it on the right side of the screen under my BerryWeather icon
    Do you have any problems doing this with the latest beta version of the app ? (released a couple of hours ago)
    12-04-10 11:18 AM
    All is good now (including Santa's hat):

12-04-10 01:02 PM
    Santa is a little pixelated:

12-04-10 04:41 PM
    Next version of deToday was almost finalized (some bug-fixes for OS 6.0 oddities), but the team decided that Christmas is just a couple of weeks away, so we need to delay this release and add some fun features to cheer up our loyal users.

First version of deToday that supports Christmas is already available for review - all beta testers of version 2.30 have been already contacted.

Is somebody else want to participate in this quick beta - please send an e-mail to support [at] odeve.com. Please let us know what else would you like to see on your home screen this Christmas !
    Just sent an email. actually i kinda sent for your effective device reset beta testing application but i never got a reply. Hope this doesn't happen again
    12-05-10 03:20 AM
    Just sent an email. actually i kinda sent for your effective device reset beta testing application but i never got a reply. Hope this doesn't happen again
    If that is a slightly veiled threat, I feel it necessary to reply in defense of OdEve. I have sent them numerous emails clarifying features, sending suggestions, and making out right feature requests. I have received a reply every single time, usually within a day. As I don't expect anyone to be sitting in front of a PC just waiting for my email, within a day is acceptable to me.

I am sure if you did not get a reply, it is simple oversight, and if you resent the mail, nicely, you will get a response.

I'd like to add that my two most used, my Tour couldn't work without, apps are deToday and deReset. And OdEve's support of them has been terrific.
    12-05-10 10:13 AM
    This beta is fantastic! Lovin' the tree and the gift. No problems with any of the other functions on my end.
    12-05-10 02:16 PM
    actually i kinda sent for your effective device reset beta testing application but i never got a reply. Hope this doesn't happen again
    deReset beta has been delayed - we have already excused abut the situation. You can find more info in the original thread.

Support team will contact you when we have deReset beta version available for public release.
    12-05-10 02:26 PM
    Do you have any problems doing this with the latest beta version of the app ? (released a couple of hours ago)
    Yes, it did sorry took so long to respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 07:49 PM
    The Christmas version is working great on my Torch (0.246). I like the bells and the candles. Adding a countdown (days until Christmas) would be cool.

12-05-10 09:25 PM
    We have launched deToday 2.50 (with Christmas support) - you can get a free trial from our mobile site:

deToday - The Revolutionary TodayScreen App - is Regional Selection Winner in BlackBerry Super Apps 2010 Competition !!!

or you can use "Check for Update" from within the app to upgrade to the latest public version.

Thanks to everybody who participated !

Adding a countdown (days until Christmas) would be cool.
    Depending on the load of the team, we may add this feature in a minor upgrade later this week.
    12-06-10 02:19 AM
    Great update with some additional functionality and options (not just the seasonal Xmas theme)
    12-06-10 03:34 PM
    Request: For those of us who don't celebrate Christmas, would you consider adding an icon option of an 8-branched Menorah for Hanukkah?
    12-07-10 12:15 AM
    I was wondering if you can separate the positioning choice for the weather icon and calendar.

It doesn't work well with me when they're lined up, because I tend to put my appointments at the bottom of the wallpaper, and since its winter now, the weather description is quite long, and that tends to make a few lines go underneath the icons.

Also, I don't use berry weather, instead I use beweather. Which seems to work fine, except detoday doesn't have an option to show the 'what it feels like temp' and since its winter, that is more important to me than the 'official' temp. I have to go to the menu and access the weather app to view that every time.

And to stay on topic, don't mind testing this, what are the new updates we're looking to test? I haven't updated to the wallpaper changer version as I don't use a wallpaper changer, and don't intend to. Ever.

12-07-10 04:34 AM
    Also, I don't use berry weather, instead I use beweather.
    BerryWeather is the same as Beweather.
    BerryWeather is the name on CB (Mobihand); BeWeather is the name of the same app on AppWorld!

And deToday (Xmas edition) is now out of beta, as the updated version was released yesterday.
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-07-10 at 08:45 AM.
    12-07-10 08:26 AM
    I was wondering if you can separate the positioning choice for the weather icon and calendar.

It doesn't work well with me when they're lined up,
    We were considering to separate layout management for weather info vs appointments data, but we do not have good solution yet. Several other users had similar requests (I think that tellsells was one of them)

... because I tend to put my appointments at the bottom of the wallpaper, and since its winter now, the weather description is quite long, and that tends to make a few lines go underneath the icons.
    Can you send a screenshot to support team - or just post it here ?

Which seems to work fine, except detoday doesn't have an option to show the 'what it feels like temp' and since its winter, that is more important to me than the 'official' temp.
    I checked the data exported by Berry/BeWeather - they do provide "feels like" info, so we can modify deToday to display it.

In future you'd better send those complains/suggestions to support e-mail - so that team can log them and schedule them for development. Suggestions in forum threads are sometimes lost.
    12-07-10 10:53 AM
    Adding a countdown (days until Christmas) would be cool.
    We have prepared minor update of deToday - with Christmas countdown timer. All beta testers have been contacted via e-mail.
    12-08-10 10:02 AM
    why is it when i'm using detoday with berryweather int. sometimes my home screen resorst back to berryweather homescreen and not detoday homescreen? is there a bug? using on 9530. thanks,
    12-08-10 11:14 AM
    why is it when i'm using detoday with berryweather int. sometimes my home screen resorst back to berryweather homescreen and not detoday homescreen? is there a bug? using on 9530. thanks,
    I've gotten that a couple times the last few days too.
    12-08-10 02:48 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD