Good evening guys and girls, I newbie here so be gentle!

I recently got my Bold 9700 and so far, I'm not hugely impressed - but dont panic, Its mainly because I cant sodding work it!

One of the big issues Im having at the moment is that whenever I try to set up my e-mail I'm only given the blackberry business server option? On all the tutorials Ive see there are two options in this section, the other being "add e-mail address" or similar. I have a data plan etc on O2 UK.

Secondly, It wont let me access the app store on this handset. Whenever I try and download it it tells me that I dont have a suitable handset? Is this true?

Anyway, thankyou for any and all help. Im slowly falling in love with how fast and smooth it is, I just really hope there are some quick fixes here that I've missed and I dont have to return it or anything!
    07-19-10 04:20 PM
    you are correct there are two E-Mail options (BES) and (BIS), to make it short BES is for companies, and BIS is for everyday users.

IF your phone is not company owned and operated
    IF you are only getting BES, which you are, you need to call Orange and have them make sure you are on BIS, they are the only ones that can change that for you.

secondly, if you are on BES v. being on BIS it might have something to do with not being able to add the appworld, it might be blocked somehow
    and you should be trying to download it from blackberry.com/appworld on the WAP browser.

IF you phone is company owned and operated.
    your IT department might have them both blocked, or locked down to only approved emails and applications.
    07-19-10 04:28 PM
    hey mjneid, Thanks for that!

I presume when you said Orange you meant O2 but I think im going to have to give them a ring tomorrow anyway.

I actually got the phone as part of a student deal so it most definitely shouldnt be locked to business settings. If they do have to change some of those settings could they do it remotely or would i have to send the handset back?

Thanks
    07-19-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD