06-17-09 03:35 PM
39 12
tools
    Well the error message is gone but I still cant get updates. The latest update is 2 hours old.
    Same here. Last update was 5:00 PM yesterday.

Government service is great (lol).
    06-03-09 12:14 PM
    I like the app, but the rollover effect isn't pretty.

Hard to tell what the rollover images are supposed to represent.

The "normal" icon is nice and a text description of conditions would be much cleaner.

Also hi/lo temps would be nice somewhere in the details.
    06-05-09 10:04 PM
    The weather conditions icons are straight from the National Weather Service or Google. The NWS are a bit on the literal side.
    I didn't realize I could replace the application name in the ribbon--I will make this display the current conditions text and the temp in the next version so that the meaning of the icon is clearer.
    06-07-09 12:36 AM
    Any chance you could add the option of programming a vibration and alert tone when the NWS issues watches or warnings? I believe BerryWeather does this but that program is overly expensive.

When I tried your program before, the word "err" was so tiny that I could barely make it out. I'm assuming that's where the temp reading goes. If that's the case, it defeats the purpose of even having the temp displayed as it is way too small to easily read. Any chance of making the temp numbers bigger also?
    06-07-09 11:07 AM
    Does this app use gps like Weather Bug?
    06-12-09 10:26 AM
    I like this app so far...I have the temperature checked in the options to update when NWSClient is not running but the temperature does not get updated on the icon until I open the app and click refresh.

Any ideas???
    06-12-09 09:23 PM
    I'm really liking this weather app!!!
    Great job nwsclient and thanks for developing it!! KUDOS!
    06-12-09 11:02 PM
    Just downloaded. I type in a location hit save and nothing happens. If I select refresh I get a DNS error.

What's up with this app?
    06-14-09 04:16 PM
    I saw NWS in the title of this thread, and thought it stood for "not work safe" instead of "National Weather Service," so I assumed it was something to download pr0n.
    06-14-09 05:24 PM
    Try installing version 1.15 which is tailored to upload on a BB Storm. I downloaded it and don't have any problems.

(I will post a link in the next reply. Need to be at 10....so close.)
    06-15-09 10:57 AM
    Need one more post.
    06-15-09 11:00 AM
    Version 1.15 can be found here.

render fast NWSClient
    06-15-09 11:01 AM
    I didn't realize I could replace the application name in the ribbon--I will make this display the current conditions text and the temp in the next version so that the meaning of the icon is clearer.
    Do you have an ETA on the current conditions display instead of "NWSClient" display? I am currently running v1.15. Once this is fixed it will work well with the Viper Simple White Remix Clear Banner V2 Theme.

BTW: Very nice app for free, might even replace my BerryWeather app.
    06-15-09 12:02 PM
    Other Weather Applications continue to suffer from battery and memory leakage issues. My experiences with this tightly coded application have shown NO Battery nor Memory issues. It does what it says and does it well. I recommend it to everyone looking for a simple, fast, and accurate Weather App.
    06-17-09 03:35 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD