...what are you going to use as an alternative? For me, syncing through BIS isn't an option as I have three or four different calendars set to sync, all under the same gmail account. Perhaps someone is able to answer a few questions for me:
    1) Has anyone used AstraSync (http://www.astrasync.com/)? Is it compatible with OS version 7.1? If so, I might create a Google Apps business account and sync through Exchange Active Sync that way. As an added bonus, I believe that I can sync my calendars and contacts with Microsoft Outlook.
    2) This one is difficult...my company issues Android devices. I know that Live Calendar is able to sync through the Hotmail app on Androids, and that I can set it up as an EAS on my iPad. Am I able to sync more than one calendar assigned to the same Hotmail address? For example, I have work, personal, and family calendars in Google Calendar.
    12-15-12 11:20 AM
    Would be nice if OS 7.2 was released which has CalDAV and CardDAV support. I suspect that's just a wild fantasy though
    12-15-12 12:41 PM
    Google is only stopping new sign ups. Any current accounts will still work. So I suggest anyone that thinks they'll need more accounts for whatever reason, register some spare accounts and keep the credentials safe for later use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-15-12 02:38 PM
    Google map app wants access to my phone records.Why?
    12-15-12 03:10 PM
    Google is only stopping new sign ups. Any current accounts will still work. So I suggest anyone that thinks they'll need more accounts for whatever reason, register some spare accounts and keep the credentials safe for later use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Many people, including myself, have found Google sync has stopped working after many years. It must not be just new accounts.
    12-16-12 08:59 AM
    I gave up on Google earlier because of privacy concerns. I now use Outlook with Syncamatic. Keeps email, calendar, notes and todo's synced. The web based account also lets me wipe my blackberry if lost, sound a tone to help find my blackberry, etc. Works flawlessly. Syncamatic - Wirelessly Sync Your BlackBerry, Mac and PC.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-16-12 09:11 AM
    I gave up on Google earlier because of privacy concerns. I now use Outlook with Syncamatic. Keeps email, calendar, notes and todo's synced. The web based account also lets me wipe my blackberry if lost, sound a tone to help find my blackberry, etc. Works flawlessly. Syncamatic - Wirelessly Sync Your BlackBerry, Mac and PC.
    That doesn't look too bad. Do you think it's worth the $60 per year? Would I be able to sync other people's google calendar so I can view it?
    12-16-12 01:08 PM
    Thats a decision each person will have to make. Its worth the money to me just to get out of Google's mits. It allows me to use my own email account instead of google and receive push email,and auto sync contacts and calendar. Its reduced to $40 right now. In the past four months I've also used it to find my phone twice (and my phone ringer was on mute so I couldn't call the phone to locate it).
    12-17-12 08:06 AM
    Thats a decision each person will have to make. Its worth the money to me just to get out of Google's mits. It allows me to use my own email account instead of google and receive push email,and auto sync contacts and calendar. Its reduced to $40 right now. In the past four months I've also used it to find my phone twice (and my phone ringer was on mute so I couldn't call the phone to locate it).
    Thanks! I'm going to try it when I get home this evening. I dislike google calendar, but my family uses it, and we share our google calendars amongst ourselves. Do you know if I'll be able to do this with syncamatic? That's pretty important to me.
    12-17-12 09:45 AM
    I was using multiple calendars (primarily subscribed internet calendars) via google/googlesync. I switched these over to yahoo and bought Yahoo Calendar Sync app for Bberry for $4 and it works great. It has filled the void that googlesync used but I have to use yahoo for the calendar now.
    03-13-13 09:42 AM