I've had Facebook installed on both of my Blackberries from the minute I got the phones (8310 and now my 9000) and have never had an issue with not receiving notifications. I have not changed my settings, or e-mail addresses, the only thing I've done differently was upgraded to BBM5.0.

Ever since then, I cannot receive notifications thru my Facebook app. I have it set up so I don't receive e-mail notifications left on server, either, and I've always done it that way with no issues. I just upgraded to .282 yesterday in hopes it would fix the problem, and still, no notifications.

I have no idea what to do and it's driving me up the wall! Another observation is when I went into Advanced Options and checked my application permissions, Facebook isn't even listed in there, and I specifically set them to the Facebook app default when I re-installed it after upgrading to .282.

Please tell me someone out there can help.
    08-01-09 12:04 PM
    Did you.... Battery pull? Re-install facebook, set permissions to 'allow'?
    08-01-09 12:29 PM
    I've pulled the battery a few times, re-installed twice, manually set all of the permissions and am still not receiving notifications. Even resent all of my service books.
    08-01-09 01:40 PM
    Check your Facebook settings (not the app but website). Sometimes it sets itself to 'Off'.
    08-01-09 03:57 PM
    also make sure you are receiving the email from the account facebook sends notifications to on your phone. thats what it was for me.
    08-01-09 06:54 PM
    Is the PIN on your BIS associated with the device that isn't working? When you switch between devices that you run on the same network, you have to remember to move the ESN, too. ANd then re-send service books.
    08-01-09 07:02 PM
    You have more than 999 emails on the email address inbox that you receive your FB notifications. Log into your email and delete them, it will start working right away.
    08-01-09 08:06 PM
    Update:

Notifications STILL do not work.

I just upgraded to 4.6.297 in hopes that that would correct the problem and it didn't.

I have tried resending my service books. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. I've tried it on leaked OS .282 and now official .297. I've checked my e-mail addresses, I've toggled all of my mobile settings. I've cleared out all of my old e-mails on my associated e-mail server and NOTHING will work.

Someone out there has got to have had this same issue. It's very frustrating.
    08-26-09 12:32 PM
    I sometimes get notifications like 2 days later, are you getting the notifications by email ? are they coming in on time ?
    08-26-09 12:54 PM
    1. Delete the FB app from your phone.
    2. Resend your service books
    3. Do a battery pull
    4. Go to Facebook on your PC and check your notification settings. Make sure your notification email is an email that you have being pushed to your BB.
    5. Turn off Facebook notifications.
    6. Log out of FB
    7. Log into FB
    8. Turn on FB notifications
    9. Redownload FB from appworld.
    10. Run FB setup wizard.

You should be good.
    08-26-09 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the help, TallyHo...I had tried all of that before, as well and it didn't work. I did figure out what was wrong, however, I'm not exactly sure WHY it was happening, but notifications are working now.

I had created a separate Facebook account using one of the e-mails that I have pushed to my Bold. Apparently, since it was my default Bold e-mail address, once I signed up on that account, it started forwarding me those notifications. Of course, I never used that account so I never got any notifications whatsoever.

Once I figured out the problem, even when I tried to deactivate that account and use that e-mail, it still wouldn't work. I ended up having to create a new Blackberry e-mail address and made that my new default Facebook e-mail address. I logged in on my phone with that new email address and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

It was a pain in the behind, glad it's taken care of now though.
    08-26-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD