I have not received any facebook notifications today (11/14/0910), is anyone else having this problem?
    when I go into the facebook app and click on the message icon I can read new messages I got, but they do not pop up as a notification in my notification bar.
    facebook 1.9 ...

I removed Facebook Feeds from Social Feeds earlier, could this be the reason for my problem?
    Last edited by re.search; 11-14-10 at 08:52 AM.
    11-14-10 08:39 AM
    i was about to create thread until i came across yours. i was having intermittent notification yesterday and today its completely out. Im not even getting my email notification and yes, its email notification is on.
    11-14-10 11:15 AM
    Facebook will not push messages if you are logged onto FB somehwere (such as your PC).

There is a setting somewhere to change this; I just can't tell you where it is at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 11:38 AM
    Facebook will not push messages if you are logged onto FB somehwere (such as your PC).

There is a setting somewhere to change this; I just can't tell you where it is at the moment.

it has nothing to do with that.

Anyway here how i fixed mine and so far so good. I un install the app, pull battery out (waited for 30sec), reinstall the app.
    11-15-10 06:03 PM
    Anyway here how i fixed mine and so far so good. I un install the app, pull battery out (waited for 30sec), reinstall the app.

I did that as well and yes it works. But then the moment you do a battery pull or a quick pull it stops working again. something about resetting the phone makes fb lose its connection. Very weird. Never had any problems like this with previous fb builds.

Anyone know how to fix this? I sent an email to blackberry 3 days ago still no response.
    11-16-10 06:10 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Mines still works for some reason. I've pull battery earlier cause my bbm took a **** today.

11-16-10 06:13 PM
    I'm suffering the same. I think it happened when I upgraded to version 1.9.0.20.

No pushed messages. Also experiencing a slow push on emails. Used to be very fast. Two soft resets will fix Facebook, but the next reset will cause Facebook to lose connectivity.

Facebook also has not been able to locate me yet the several times I have tried to share my location. Not sure if this is related to a buggy release or a setting on the facebook website I haven't found.
    11-17-10 06:41 PM
    I'm suffering the same. I think it happened when I upgraded to version 1.9.0.20.

No pushed messages. Also experiencing a slow push on emails. Used to be very fast. Two soft resets will fix Facebook, but the next reset will cause Facebook to lose connectivity.

Facebook also has not been able to locate me yet the several times I have tried to share my location. Not sure if this is related to a buggy release or a setting on the facebook website I haven't found.
    Try the above fix. It works for me and I've pulled my battery several times. Make sure you have a check marked on "Share my location" to enable the Place.

11-17-10 06:46 PM
    Yep that's the same problem I'm having. And from other threads it appears we're not the only ones. No answer from BB yet and no one on the forums seems to know what to do.

11-17-10 06:46 PM
    What "above fix"? Deleting it and reinstalling? I've done that 3 times. Every time it will work untill I do another battery pull then it loses connection.

11-17-10 06:48 PM
    Yep that's the same problem I'm having. And from other threads it appears we're not the only ones. No answer from BB yet and no one on the forums seems to know what to do.

Here how to enable the "Places" icon.
    1. Log-in into your Facebook Account using your PC.
    2. Select Account> Account Settings > Privacy (select Manage) > Custom Settings > Places I check in to (friends only or Friend of Friend or Everyone).
    3. Using your BB go to your FB App and Log-out then Log-in.
    4. Select "Places" icon and it should say "check in". Instead of acquiring location.

11-17-10 07:26 PM
    I'm not having a problem with places. That works fine. The problem is the notifications. Still not getting them and deleting and reinstalling the app only fixes it till I do another battery pull or quick pull. I need a permanent fix

11-17-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD