Well, not more than 48 hrs as passed and my new BB 8230 has died. I'm getting app error 523. Now I've googled and search forums here, obviously it seems to be a common problem. I'll be in touch with my corporate wireless dealer tomorrow, to see if I can't get a brand new one. Bell said, when I called them as the dealer was closed, that I should have 4.6.1.1.8.2 instead of 4.6.1.1.6.2 - I have no idea how to get that. I came across this thread that talks about "how wipe jl cmder" (can't quote or link to that specific thread as I need 10 post or more it seems)

should I perform this action? problem is I have no idea how to re-install the OS from the desktop manager - is it add/remove applications or update software?
    Not even sure I want to even attempt, being a total noob. It might just be a bit beyond my comprehension level.

I'm thinking I might just get another phone - just a plain old regular cell phone...I'm worried I've gotten in over my head on this one.

Any advice would be most welcome.

What you read above was my initial problem...after trying to use DM, I am now getting an weird boombox type looking graphic with a line through it and it says "reload software 507" - I will search forum in the meantime for this error code, while I await some brilliant knowledge from other crackberriers.
    Last edited by flygirl30; 05-06-09 at 06:17 PM. Reason: additional info added
    05-06-09 05:55 PM
    Well, not more than 48 hrs as passed and my new BB 8230 has died. I'm getting app error 523. Now I've googled and search forums here, obviously it seems to be a common problem. I'll be in touch with my corporate wireless dealer tomorrow, to see if I can't get a brand new one. Bell said, when I called them as the dealer was closed, that I should have 4.6.1.1.8.2 instead of 4.6.1.1.6.2 - I have no idea how to get that. I came across this thread that talks about "how wipe jl cmder" (can't quote or link to that specific thread as I need 10 post or more it seems)

should I perform this action? problem is I have no idea how to re-install the OS from the desktop manager - is it add/remove applications or update software?
    Not even sure I want to even attempt, being a total noob. It might just be a bit beyond my comprehension level.

I'm thinking I might just get another phone - just a plain old regular cell phone...I'm worried I've gotten in over my head on this one.

Any advice would be most welcome.

What you read above was my initial problem...after trying to use DM, I am now getting an weird boombox type looking graphic with a line through it and it says "reload software 507" - I will search forum in the meantime for this error code, while I await some brilliant knowledge from other crackberriers.
    Ok first download the OS you can download it usually from your carries hp or you can also download one of the leaked ones that are posted here and follow those instructions.. loading the OS is simple.. after you download the os and install it..its on your pc like a driver sort...so when you hook your phone and run DM it will promt you for the OS installation.... JL commander is good to fully wipe the unit ( i have done this myself to correct an issue once) its quick and easy and after that loading the OS is easy but the phone will be like you just pulled it out of the box.. but since you are new with it im guessing not much will be different... the OS loading process is easy but long ( can take almost 1 hour) but after this you would be set.One thing is to remember when reloading your stuff is to Check the Blackberry attachment so the external display will work all else is addding the apps you want there. remember to back up contacts or copy them to sim and some ppl suggest removing the SD card just in case then again if the phone is dead...it will be hard to :P
    Last edited by DemonKnight; 05-07-09 at 12:39 PM.
    05-07-09 12:36 PM
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and am trying to find out what the **** is going on with my BB storm 9530. I; too, keep getting the same error code: APP error 523. I attempted a batt pull to reset it but no luck. It won't reboot. It keeps showing a screen filled solid with all these colors. I'm going to try what "DemonKnight" suggested.
    05-08-09 08:02 AM
    If this phone is new I would return it under the buyers remorse period and get a new one.
    Its not fair to you or right that you paid that much for the phone and it has a software issue already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 07:30 AM
    Thanks Demon and Little!

Luckily I got to chat with a great customer service rep from the comm company that we got the phones through - and he talked me through the entire process of re-installing the newest OS, over the phone! Phone is now fine...
    The only thing now is that I noticed after installation, that the BB instant messenger is gone...so I'll be calling him back tomorrow, to get that put back on.
    So, all's well now. And I do love the phone - guess I was just a bit P***ed that it went kaputt so soon and it will just take some time getting used to this new thing...so different from just a regular phone.
    I know this site will no doubt become my bible and bb handbook to navigate my way through the maze - and I imagine my husband will be asking me to check the curve forum for him, once he gets his new toy activated!
    05-10-09 03:18 PM
    Thanks Demon and Little!

Luckily I got to chat with a great customer service rep from the comm company that we got the phones through - and he talked me through the entire process of re-installing the newest OS, over the phone! Phone is now fine...
    The only thing now is that I noticed after installation, that the BB instant messenger is gone...so I'll be calling him back tomorrow, to get that put back on.
    So, all's well now. And I do love the phone - guess I was just a bit P***ed that it went kaputt so soon and it will just take some time getting used to this new thing...so different from just a regular phone.
    I know this site will no doubt become my bible and bb handbook to navigate my way through the maze - and I imagine my husband will be asking me to check the curve forum for him, once he gets his new toy activated!
    you dont need to call him back to get BBM
    plug your BB into the computer
    open desktop manager
    application loader
    start
    scroll down the list and select Blackberry messenger
    Next
    finish
    software will load and will take approxe 3-4 mins
    loading operation was succesful!
    unplug BB and use
    05-10-09 03:37 PM
    Thanks Demon and Little!

Glad to help with every little bit I can and im sure you will find out that everyone here is willing always to aid and help with any knowledge we have! glad to know your phone is back and follow Giantfan steps so you get the bb connect back and feel free to add my pin up near my name for anything else you may need
    05-10-09 04:16 PM
    ive got the same problem with my 8310, is there any way to save stuff like my phonebook and my notes so that they dont get deleted?
    05-12-09 08:57 AM
    I'm glad that I could help a little bit.

Behersker you can always do a backup with the DM.
    05-13-09 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD