This am I ordered Berryweather1.5, BerryBuzz2.0 and Bestflash for my new Tour.

Berryweather works great.

berrybuzz allowed me to DL and all I have is an icon. I went back to the crackberry app store and now it is saying this app is not available for the Tour.

Bestflash won't even DL.
    So far I've spent $18 on $10 worth of usable apps.

I think I'm going a while to wait to get anything else for my Tour.
    07-13-09 04:05 PM
    Did you even check the compatibility before buying them? I'm not surprised they don't work given the device has been out for 1 day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 04:11 PM
    To echo others comments,

The thing has been out 31 hours and a lot of folks are complaining about apps not working.

Give the aftermarket folks a few days until you start downloading apps that may or may not work and/or have a negative impact on your device.

Patience grasshopper.
    07-13-09 04:21 PM
    I had the device selected in the Crackberry store AND I clicked on the 2nd tab to view the compatibility.

Berrybuzz is trying. They sent me an email with a "new" version to DL, but I get the same error.

I don't think I'm being impatient. I simply purchased products that said they were compatible with my BB.
    07-13-09 04:23 PM

Bestflash won't even DL.
    This was because the Tour was rejecting the version # in the manifest, the Tour seems to be picky about version numbers.

I apologize for the problem, there is an update posted, if you download v1.0.1 it should work. Users who contacted me about this now have it working.

Even though an app was designed to work on any 'berry with 4.2.1 or newer (Storm in compatibility mode) a brand new device can throw a glitch from left field that the developer never had information might be a problem.

Once again, I apologize for accidentally contributing to making your initial experience with the Tour problematic, and an update has been posted.

If you or anyone else has difficulty with BestFLASH please contact support at [email protected] . I'm not here to waste anyone's money, even $1.99.

Michael
    Last edited by mlamagra; 07-15-09 at 07:47 PM.
    07-15-09 07:43 PM
    There is now a release of BestFLASH specifically for 4.7+ including trackball or touchscreen. Anyone who bought the earlier version should be able to upgrade for free. Tour users will benefit from the upgrade, it can send you directly to the video camera when you want to use that light, and won't have to run in compatibility mode on the Storm so it's full-screen.
    07-16-09 04:07 PM
    Thanks for the update Michael. On a positive note, the day I posted this Michael contacted me personally and assisted me with my problem. It must have been a long day for him, but he really provided great customer service.

I haven't DLed the app yet but it's because I've been busy with other stuff.

Thanks for your help!!! Great customer service!

I think that was you I was emailing with, right?
    07-16-09 04:13 PM
    We should get a sticky of compatible apps so far. Speaking of, does anyone know if BlackBerryWeather works well on the Tour?
    07-16-09 04:14 PM
    There is now a release of BestFLASH specifically for 4.7+ including trackball or touchscreen. Anyone who bought the earlier version should be able to upgrade for free. Tour users will benefit from the upgrade, it can send you directly to the video camera when you want to use that light, and won't have to run in compatibility mode on the Storm so it's full-screen.
    I just DLed it. It works. Thanks!!
    07-16-09 04:20 PM
    Well so far Pandora, iHeartradio, noblex radio, google maps, skydeck, tuneWiki, and AP mobile news work on my Storm and on my Tour. Oh, and weatherbug, too. Now I am jonesing for themes!! I have been making wallpapers to hold me over until then.
    07-16-09 05:05 PM
    Just got my Tour (first BB). My son has suggested a few apps and tried to load them. We can't Windows Mobile Live load. Going to mobile.live.com on the Tour gives me a browser error "The minimum browser requirement for this service is full WAP 2.0 support."
    Last edited by mrflark; 07-17-09 at 08:43 AM. Reason: clarification
    07-17-09 07:51 AM
    Well so far Pandora, iHeartradio, noblex radio, google maps, skydeck, tuneWiki, and AP mobile news work on my Storm and on my Tour. Oh, and weatherbug, too. Now I am jonesing for themes!! I have been making wallpapers to hold me over until then.
    But it seems that google maps is the Storm version. If you're in map, you'll see the arrows on the bottom for going back and forth, and when you go to latitude to see the location of a friend, there's a bar at the bottom for you click to see friend's location that the trackball does not go to. It was clearly designed for the touchscreen click. Anyone else notice this? Same goes for youtube when you go to google mobile to download it. Can't get past the agreement screen.
    07-17-09 09:30 AM
    But it seems that google maps is the Storm version. If you're in map, you'll see the arrows on the bottom for going back and forth, and when you go to latitude to see the location of a friend, there's a bar at the bottom for you click to see friend's location that the trackball does not go to. It was clearly designed for the touchscreen click. Anyone else notice this? Same goes for youtube when you go to google mobile to download it. Can't get past the agreement screen.
    Google Maps is fixed. Re-download and re-install and it'll be perfect.
    07-17-09 09:43 AM
    Anybody using SugarSync on their Tour yet? I'm getting an "Unable to reach SugarSync servers" error.
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    07-17-09 09:45 AM
    You know that BerryBuzz installs itself into the Options menu, right? That's where it does everything, not from the Application folder. It works fine for me.
    07-17-09 09:47 AM
    If anyone was into BlackBerryWeather, I found it works on the Tour
    07-17-09 11:14 AM
    I think the main cause of problems on the Tour will be very temporary and quickly fixed: Many apps probably assume they're on a Storm when they see the OS is 4.7, figuring that was a touchscreen-specific OS since it was never released as an upgrade for previous trackball devices. Developers probably assumed any post-Storm trackball device would be something different like 4.6, 4.8, or 5.0. That was probably what was wrong with google maps.

Now that developers know the Tour runs 4.7, all they have to do is test for touchscreen vs trackball explicitly with Trackball.isSupported() and Touchscreen.isSupported(), rather than implicitly by using the OS ver.

Then there are those who excluded trackball support from their Storm apps with no eye to the future, and now have to merge their trackball and touchscreen variants.

Something like this can separate the well-written apps from the rest, except of course if the only problem was letters in the version (mine).
    Last edited by mlamagra; 07-17-09 at 03:03 PM.
    07-17-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD