CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Not getting Facebook messages

I have the Facebook app installed on my Curve, but I'm not getting any notification when I get messages through Facebook. I'm positive I remember the feature working at one point...

I'm pretty sure that personal messages are the ONLY feature that get pushed through to the Facebook app (i.e. friend requests and such are sent to your personal e-mail, and then to your BB if that e-mail is linked).

Anyone else have the issue with messages showing?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

You can try this:

BlackBerry Search Results

For me, I understand why I'm not getting notifications, due to the fact that my "blackberry" e-mail address (my work address) is not linked to my Facebook account. But, would this still prevent me from receiving messages all together within the Facebook application? I don't mind having to actually go into the app to see my new messages without a notification telling me to do so, but it seems that I am unable to receive my messages. Any help?
    CrackBerry User

I've got the solution. Basically, every so often you need to update your email passwords for email accounts connected to [fido/rogers/telus/verizon...etc].blackberry.com. And you need to confirm before it resends notification to those emails connected.
    And when thats done, go to the facebook options for notifications and make sure the email is the same, and check off facebook message and notifications at the bottom. Cheeeers!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts

For me i just put my facebook homepage in my favorites i dont even use the app, i let them email me for notifications.
    П
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I have FB 1.6 and notice that it sends me a FB alert about every 20 minutes so it must only check, send or reconcile on a schedule. I use the Go to Mobile Site and see messages much quicker.
    Jason E. Kern
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jkern72 View Post
    I have FB 1.6 and notice that it sends me a FB alert about every 20 minutes so it must only check, send or reconcile on a schedule. I use the Go to Mobile Site and see messages much quicker.
    Well, I USED to go to the "Go to Mobile Site" but for some reason, I cannot get there. It keeps taking me to the log-in screen. It has my email address already there but when I put my password in, it just keeps taking me back there to log in. Has anyone had THIS issue in the last two days?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    That's SO 2009

7/1/09 UPDATE:

I created an @---.blackberry.net email account, added it as the notification email on FB and everything's been working like a charm again! Getting ALL notifications. Can someone confirm that when I delete the FB notifications from my messages folder that they are deleted from the blackberry.net server? I just want to make sure that those aren't sitting out there somewhere so it doesn't fill up and block my notifications again.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MCunningham1 View Post
    I have the Facebook app installed on my Curve, but I'm not getting any notification when I get messages through Facebook. I'm positive I remember the feature working at one point...

I'm pretty sure that personal messages are the ONLY feature that get pushed through to the Facebook app (i.e. friend requests and such are sent to your personal e-mail, and then to your BB if that e-mail is linked).

Mine stopped sending me notifications today as well. I'm not getting them in my inbox OR on my facebook app. Am afraid it's my phone.
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 07-01-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Add content
    http://forum.tipb.com/index.php?referrerid=168934

"Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics." ~Author Unknown
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    PIN
    30B629FD

Quote Originally Posted by cookie56 View Post
    Well, I USED to go to the "Go to Mobile Site" but for some reason, I cannot get there. It keeps taking me to the log-in screen. It has my email address already there but when I put my password in, it just keeps taking me back there to log in. Has anyone had THIS issue in the last two days?
    this happened to me about two weeks ago. then my facebook account was deleted...make sure your FB account still exists
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by MCunningham1 View Post

I receive friend requests, group notices, event invites, wall/status comments etc.. all through the Facebook App, as well as email. The one issue I have with it is because of the app, the emails do not go from Yahoo to my Blackberry. Every time I get a notification on the app I have to log into Yahoo on a PC and delete the email messages.

A few weeks ago I decided to uncheck the "Leave email notifications on server" option to see if that would stop emails. I stopped receiving all notifactions at that point (email & app)

You may want to double check and make sure that box is checked under options. Also, go onto Facebook on a PC and check that your Notification Settings are set properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

With the latest upgrade, it seems they "unchecked" everyone's notification settings. Check there first, it's probably not your phone that's the problem.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having the same problem with my phone, When I had the 8830 world edition I got all my notifications on my phone but now that I have the new curve I no longer get them via hotmail OR FB app. I'm on a BES server with work so anytime I try to go on my browser or mobile site an error occures so i'm wondering if that might have anything to do with it. I've updated my hotmail password when it asked me to a few weeks ago and i've unchecked THEN re-checked all the boxes and had even re-directed my notifications right to my blackberry email address which still... did nothing.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? and does anyone know why I can't go online? is it the BES server or my phone????
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    2147A5D4

I used to never get notifications from Facebook (always thought it was a problem with T-mobile & Facebook since you can't chose T-mobile as a cell option in Facebook). However, as soon as I changed my settings to use my xxxx@tmo.blackberry.net it worked without a problem.
    BB 9780 OS 6.0.0.576 T-mobile BES - Favorite apps: Berrweather, BB Traffic, Score Mobile, QuickLaunch, Facebook, Google Maps
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,140 Global Posts
    PIN
    KY and the Brain. One is a genius the others insane.

There have been known issues with people using yahoo, comcast, and a few other email addresses. They are getting blocked due to a facebook scam or worm that came out. Best bet is your blackberry email or gmail, those @ seem to be fine
    Crackberry:Because Real Crack Is Too Expensive.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Let me see if switching to Gmail helps!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm still having this problem. My Facebook notifications go to my Gmail and through that to my Blackberry. It's worked great before, but some time this week, they started going on the fritz. Not all notifications would come in, some would come in after a long delay, some I would click on but it wouldn't show me anything.

I uninstalled Facebook app and saw that I'd still receive the notifications as Gmail messages. But, when I reinstalled the app, I'd stop getting the notifications altogether. They are still in my Gmail if I check online, so that tells me that the Facebook app is receiving the notification from Gmail, processing it, and then shooting it into oblivion. When I go into the app itself, it tells me there are no notifications.

One other thing, when I log into Facebook through the app, I keep getting this error saying it's having a problem communicating with Facebook. I've logged in and out a number of times and still get that error. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    CrackBerry Newbie

From the other posts, it seems like a general FB issue affecting BBs across different carriers that's been happening for at least a couple of days now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cool

I was using 1.2 and upgraded to 1.7 and notifications now work again - using 8703e with VZW.
    CrackBerry User

Angry I don't want facebook messages!!

My wife has facebook on our Business PC at the office and she loves it. All e-mail messages that come to our PC also show up on my 8350i and that is what I want. The only other thing that would keep me happy at the moment is if my BB did not receive any of these facebook messages from her friends. I use my BB for business & I just do not want to deal with this "fluff" while at work. How do I block this facebook activity from my BB 8350i Curve?? HELP!!