I updated my BB curve 8310 and facebook to the latest software versions, and now I don't get any FB notifications, both on my BB and in my regular email. Any thoughts? I've done a battery pull, and checked my settings on Facebook, but nothing. Thoughts?
    06-04-09 05:35 PM
    do you get fb notifications in your inbox (on your computer)? if you don't (ie if you block notifications on your mailbox), you wont get them on the fb app either - i believe the app pulls messages and stuff from the email notification.
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 06-04-09 at 10:41 PM.
    06-04-09 07:28 PM
    A lot of spam filters will start blocking FB notification messages - especially after a spat of spam comes in that mimics them. If you can configure your spam filter on your account (not on your BB) that should fix the issue. With many programs you just find them in the spam folder and mark them as Not Spam or something similar.
    06-04-09 07:38 PM
    So far we have heard that Yahoo and Comcast have been doing this. If they are blocking you wont get it in your email or your bb.
    06-04-09 07:55 PM
    So far we have heard that Yahoo and Comcast have been doing this.
    Tack AOL mail onto the list, it happened to me a few weeks ago but I was able to correct it as I described above.
    06-04-09 07:58 PM
    do you get fb notifications in your inbox (on your computer)? if you don't (ie block notifications), you wont get them on the fb app either - i believe the app pulls messages and stuff from the email notification.
    this things happened to me as well..

i dont get any notifications on my email (i use hotmail) also i dont get any notifications on my BB..

can anyone help to get my FB back to normal?
    06-04-09 08:46 PM
    ahhhhh finally after trying for hours.

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

somehow like redsoxrocker said, the notifications emails are blocked by spam filter in my Hotmail account...

go to options on Hotmail and find the notification sender from Facebook, then unblock it, now its back to normal!

however if you're using other than Hotmail, try to figure it out by looking on the blocksenders, it might been there waiting for you to unblock it

Cheers!
    06-04-09 09:29 PM
    ahhhhh finally after trying for hours.

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

somehow like redsoxrocker said, the notifications emails are blocked by spam filter in my Hotmail account...

go to options on Hotmail and find the notification sender from Facebook, then unblock it, now its back to normal!

however if you're using other than Hotmail, try to figure it out by looking on the blocksenders, it might been there waiting for you to unblock it

Cheers!
    I have Hotmail and still having this issue. Facebook is NOT on my blocked senders list. I actually added them as a safe sender when I first started having this problem.

Anyone else still having this same issue with Hotmail???
    06-16-09 09:03 AM
    Okay I have a similar problem with aol email on my curve.. I get all of my aol email almost instantly... EXCEPT myspace and facebook emails. On my actual pc when I log into aol, all of my myspace/facebook emails are right there in my inbox. They're not getting blocked for spam. I have both myspace and facebooks apps on my phone but as those of you who use the myspace app know... it sucks.
    06-18-09 06:14 AM
    Update. After trying EVERYTHING with my hotmail and still not getting notifications. I tried setting up with my sbc yahoo email and still didn't work. So then I tried with my gmail account and it workes now!!!! Yaaay!
    06-18-09 07:56 AM
    gmail is the one free email i have had zero issues with, not to say hotmail doesnt work, ive just incountered more issues with it then i want
    06-18-09 08:00 AM
    Yeah this prob is going to get worse as more scams come out as facebook gets bigger and bigger. The email companies are going to start blocking facebook emails to protect their customers.
    06-18-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD