I've heard about BES, and slightly less familiar with BIS. BIS doesn't seem like it'll work for my purposes. Trying, like so many others have requested here I'm sure, to sync an 8130 Pearl with Exchange. I haven't purchased the phone yet. Pretty much just investigating my options at this point.

I had heard that installing BES can be a bit "tricky" (registry edits and such). I'm not the least bit interested in monkeying with my server at the moment, especially at that level (We're a tax office. Any downtime isn't an option right now, even a reboot).

That being said, is there some kind of 3rd party software app that can be installed on the phone to allow it to sync with Exchange? Or some kind of desktop app that'll push info to the phone? My workstation is on 24/7, so leaving that on isn't a big deal.

Thanks for any advice. I'm "really" tired of my Motorola. If I can find a low cost, easy way to sync with Exchange that doesn't involve BES, I'll be taping my Motorola to the center ring of a target out at the gun range. No, I'm not joking.
    03-18-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD