I just noticed this recently, the Facebook app for my Bold has stopped notifying me of anything.

Wall posts, messages, you name it -- no more updates!

I'd say the last time it worked for me was about a week ago, I've tried searching the Crackberry forums and the Blackberry support forums for a couple of days now, but I haven't had any luck in finding a solution to my problem.

Any ideas?
    06-02-09 05:47 PM
    your email addy that receives your fb notifications needs to be setup on your bold. maybe try resending service books.
    06-02-09 05:50 PM
    your email addy that receives your fb notifications needs to be setup on your bold. maybe try resending service books.
    I currently have my gmail account linked up to my Bold, which is the email I have with Facebook.

Resent the service books, and still nothing.

I do notice when I reinstall facebook I no longer get the message (from the Facebook app) that my Blackberry contacts and such have been linked up with Facebook..

Still lost, however.
    06-02-09 06:03 PM
    Are you using the gmail app or do you have gmail being pushed through BIS?
    06-02-09 06:22 PM
    Are you using the gmail app or do you have gmail being pushed through BIS?
    The latter, I do not have the gmail app.
    06-02-09 06:38 PM
    Uninstall and reinstall the FB app.
    06-02-09 08:19 PM
    But before you do that...

Are you actually receiving the updates in you GMail account in the first place? If not, reinstalling the app isn't going to do a thing for you. Log into GMail using a computer and see if you have updates that aren't making it to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:49 PM
    Uninstall and reinstall the FB app.
    Did that about 5 times.

But before you do that...

Are you actually receiving the updates in you GMail account in the first place? If not, reinstalling the app isn't going to do a thing for you. Log into GMail using a computer and see if you have updates that aren't making it to your phone.

You know what, I'm not. I checked inside Facebook's settings and it still says they are sending them, maybe Gmail one day decided Facebook's emails were spam.

I'll update when I figure out.
    06-02-09 11:22 PM
    Goto Facebook and reset you notifications (turn them all off, save, and turn those you want back on, save). For some reason FB loses its mind and chokes on notifications. I've had to do it on my account a number of times.

06-03-09 07:36 AM
    Goto Facebook and reset you notifications (turn them all off, save, and turn those you want back on, save). For some reason FB loses its mind and chokes on notifications. I've had to do it on my account a number of times.

I'm sure if i had the same problem but I wasn't getting any notifications from my Facebook app. I did exactly as you suggested and the notifications are coming. Thanks!
    06-03-09 12:27 PM
    I'm sure if i had the same problem but I wasn't getting any notifications from my Facebook app. I did exactly as you suggested and the notifications are coming. Thanks!
    Whenever I find that notifications have gone AWOL, that's the first thing I'll go do (I.e., reset notifications on FB itself) before I do anything else.

06-03-09 12:40 PM
    i've had the same problem. i went in about 4 days ago and the last notification i have on the FB app is on the 10th May. they were all there and all of a sudden. BOOM! gone
    06-03-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD