Would be great if Google had a translate application for our Blackberry devices. What translate application are you using and how do you like it? I tried a few and found them to be very slow. The Google one is good because it has English translation on the bottom which is good if say you spoke a foreign language but could not read or write in that foreign language. The other good thing about it is it has audio sound translation so if you spoke that foreign language you could at least understand what was being said.

The Google translate application on the iPhone and Android systems is pretty much amazing but I have found no such similar thing for the Blackberry Bold 9900 that I have.
    01-15-12 10:15 PM
    I like FancyTran. Its available and free in app world.
    01-15-12 11:12 PM
    FancyTran uses Google Translate, but puts a nice UI on top. I strongly recommend it.
    Smartie020 likes this.
    01-16-12 12:22 PM
    Google Translate Classic on my Blackberry 9900 does not work as it does not allow me to switch between languages. On the mobile site it does not allow me to use audio either to record to translate or to play back as the audio button is not even there on neither the Classic or mobile version of Google Translate. On the iPhone and on the Android Smartphones it exists for both so translating is quite easy as one can just use the audio to hear,play and record for translations.

Guys at Blackberry need to work with Google and get this straightened out. It is no wonder Blackberry is losing market share to Apple and Android as the are always trying to catch up these days. Those that travel often need services like this and expats that live abroad also need these services.
    01-17-12 12:27 AM
    See above - audio works fine using FancyTran, which just puts a nice clean UI on top of Google Translate. It's free, as well. Download it and you'll see.
    9900Boldfan likes this.
    01-17-12 03:52 AM
    I recommend FancyTran as well, nice interface, uses Google and audio is pretty clear.
    9900Boldfan likes this.
    01-17-12 06:12 AM
    Will try Fancy Translate. Thanks..
    01-17-12 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD