I Just recently noticed that none of my notifications with FB are not coming through.. Nothing changed.. Anyone have any ideas?

And I have v1.6.0.21

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    09-13-09 06:53 PM
    Make sure you are logged onto the BB FB app, just like the desktop version the BB app will log you out from time to time

I had the same issue, thats how i learned
    09-13-09 07:05 PM
    Sometimes facebook notifications go bzerk and you have to re-enable notifications via email from the desktop version.
    09-13-09 07:55 PM
    I had the same issue with my Facebook notifications. I check the settings/options and all but nothing. Once in a while, I would get one but it was only when I changed my status which I found useless because I already knew I had changed it. I got fed up with it so I uninstalled it and now I just use the mobile version which I find better.
    09-13-09 08:19 PM
    Make sure you are logged onto the BB FB app, just like the desktop version the BB app will log you out from time to time

I had the same issue, thats how i learned
    I am logged onto the BB FB. I just checked. So that's not it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 09:31 PM
    I know that you said nothing has changed but if you disable them going into your email, notifications will stop working too. I was experimenting with the facebook notifications on my gmail filters and if you skip the inbox and just archive them for example, it won't work. If you delete them right away when it goes into your inbox, it won't work.

Again, this might not have anything to do with your problem but maybe someone would find this helpful.
    09-13-09 09:36 PM
    I logged out of BB FB, then logged back in and got my notifications to come through

09-13-09 09:44 PM
    I upgraded my OS tonight too. Seem to help..
    09-14-09 01:53 AM
    This is quite interesting indeed, what OS did you have before you updated it? The reason I ask is cause I'm running .77 and have had no issues with FB notifications. Another thing the FB app has never logged me out, that really should happen. Cause once you log in, your logged in till you log yourself out.

I have deleted the FB app before and just used the mobile friendly site, I then got email notifications. Then installed the FB app and got the normal app notifications and email notifications stopped.

I really don't see a OS update is truly going to somehow fix that issue. IMHO! I think it has to be with how you setup FB's settings, FB app works with a variety of different OS's, that's why I say its not really an issue with the OS.

Also it could be your connection with your carrier, if your not in an area with good signal the notifications will have a lag time for you to receive them.

This is my opinion, its not a bash/flame. I will also say this again, user errors are also to be considered in this issue.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-14-09 02:14 AM
    yesterday i logged out and logged back in and got my notifications. Now today, none again.

I am logged into FB using the BB app. All notifications go to my email, but they do not appear on my BB...

Like I said I didn't change any settings, so I have no idea why they stopped coming through.

Can someone let me know what else to try?
    09-14-09 07:20 PM
    Sometimes facebook notifications go bzerk and you have to re-enable notifications via email from the desktop version.
    How do you go about doing this? I never registered my phone with the desktop FB
    09-14-09 11:06 PM
    Login to facebook using a desktop computer. Move your mouse over settings on the top pane and select Application Settings. Select Authorized application from the drop down menu. At the bottom you should see Facebook for Blackberry smartphones. Click edit settings and make sure all the items are checked including, "Send me emails."

Then go to Settings - Account - Click 'Notification' tab - scroll down until you see Facebook for Blackberry smartphones and make sure that is checked.

Now if you have a Gmail account like me I have most of my notifications emailed to me there and a custom filter and label setup so that they're automatically archived so I don't see those emails. You will then get most if not all notifications through the Blackberry facebook app. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by saqer; 09-14-09 at 11:59 PM.
    09-14-09 11:54 PM
    Well this time I am for sure i fixed it again. I wasn't getting any emails either. So I though well I need to send my Service Books again and that will jump start my email.

Sending Service Books jump started EVERYTHING. My phone was ringing for like 5 mins bc ALL notfications were coming through, even Face Book. I had about 15 of them
    09-15-09 10:24 AM
    Saqer I did what you said and nothing has changed...

They were working before then I noticed I got alot of e-mails from facebook then I disabled it but I didnt know it was re-linked to my phone so now my FB app is all screwed up, yes i re-enabled the notifications i want sent to me...no dice
    :'(

Edit - P.S. I have tried to send service books, how do you enable to leave the e-mails on the server via Hotmail and Yahoo!. Please help.
    Last edited by Matt310596; 09-25-09 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the extra P.S part
    09-25-09 04:38 PM
    What about a fresh install?

09-25-09 04:55 PM
    In the Facebook app go to options and Check "leave email notifications on mail server." Keep in mind that facebook notifications aren't always instant and recently facebook has been glitchy. Just make sure that in your notifications settings from the desktop version you have whatever notifications you so wish forwarded to your email.
    09-25-09 04:56 PM
    Thanks, had nothing to do with leaving messages on my server. All I did was resend Service Books, BAM all my messages came right through and has been working ever since
    09-25-09 05:34 PM
    hey do you get facebook notifications in your email? if you have then blcked or going to spam in your email them they will not go through to your email account on your blackberry, which in turn mean that they will not go through to the facebook app.

I had this problem a while back and it was due to the fact that i had started blocking facebook notifications in my email account and they were going straight to my spam folder.

It drove me crazy i reset my phone so many times before i figured out what the problem was. Hope this help..
    09-25-09 07:04 PM
    One of my friends said that she had to redo her whole blackberry and things got okay, How do i do a fresh install?

I think i found the problem though, my e-mails are not leaving messages on the server therefore I am not getting notifications through my Blackberry Device.

first of all, how do you Leave Messages on the server Via Hotmail/MSN Messenger?
    And second, how do you do a fresh install, if you mean reinstall Facebook, i tried that and it failed.

EDIT : I read saqers post on leaving e-mails on the server via facebook , but that doesnt work. I tried to send service books but it still fails because of my 'Leave Message(e-mail) On The Server' issue.
    Last edited by Matt310596; 09-26-09 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
    09-26-09 04:34 AM
    Is Facebook (the website) set to email you notifications?
    09-26-09 08:51 AM
    Ok NVM to get facebook notifications u gotta add the e-mail u set with BB, with your E-mail on your FB.

The e-mail on my BB was MSN/Hotmail since Yahoo! couldnt save my e-mail to my BB
    10-02-09 05:12 AM
    Ok NVM to get facebook notifications u gotta add the e-mail u set with BB, with your E-mail on your FB.

The e-mail on my BB was MSN/Hotmail since Yahoo! couldnt save my e-mail to my BB
    The first line of that is definitely true... the FB app takes email notifications and converts them to FB notifications, so yes, the FB site needs to be set to send to an address that's also set up on your phone.

As for the second part, what exactly do you mean by "couldn't save?" My Yahoo! account has been my primary email on my BlackBerry since the day I got it and I save mail on it all the time. Are you talking about the Yahoo! Go app? Skip that and set your Yahoo! account up through the Email setup app on your BlackBerry.

10-02-09 09:33 AM
    Here's a simple solution for all of you.

if you are on BIS: Email Settings - Help - Send Service Book
    10-02-09 12:08 PM
    How do I send my service books?
    11-29-09 11:31 AM
    From the BIS website.
    11-29-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD