i have a sprint blackberry curve 8530 fully flashed to metro pcs and everthing works exept my facebook app... does anybody know why?
    07-07-11 05:20 PM
    Do you have a data plan? I think the native Facebook client, works only with BIS/BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 05:25 PM
    some apps like facebook do not work when the device is flashed to another carrier
    07-07-11 08:11 PM
    Do you have a data plan? I think the native Facebook client, works only with BIS/BES.

I would imagine she does since the OP said everything but that works. Also, you can try viewing fb on the browser that comes on the BlackBerry or you can get Opera Mini and use that for fb. Personally, I like Opera Mini better. Hope it helps
    07-08-11 02:19 AM
    Yea I have the highest data plan and everythn ... And yeah everythin works even my twitter app but when it comes down to the fb app it doesn't work :/ is opera mini an app? :?

07-09-11 06:09 AM
    The Facebook for BlackBerry app itself is more convenient and easier to use. What I recommend is uninstalling the Facebook app you have installed right now on your Curve, then do a battery pull. After that, install the Facebook for BlackBerry app through the App World. After installation, do another battery pull and try if the app works.

Also, more details would be great. Like what happens when you open up the Facebook app. Does it exit or close by itself? Won't log you in? Won't open at all? Etc...

I hope I helped!
    07-09-11 09:37 AM
    No it didn't help it won't let me log on it keeps saying to check with my company for my data plan... N I have the highest plan what the **** ?? I'm pissed!

07-11-11 12:46 PM
    I don't think it matters if you have the highest data plan. The plan metro offers is different than BIS. You have to be certain you have BIS, you might wanna ask them if that's what you have. Oh and Opera Mini is just a different browser than the one that comes installed on your BlackBerry.
    07-11-11 04:52 PM
    as i said it has to do with available service books.

some things will not work on a flashed phone.

I said that like 3 days ago. *facepalm*

here is a paste of a flashing companies disclaimer:

PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW LIMITATIONS TO FLASHED BLACKBERRY PHONES FOR METRO PCS:

No Blackberry Messenger

No blackberry Email server, but you can still check your Emails via the internet and Logic Mail.

No Blackberry GPS

NO Blackberry Apps

and facebook is a blackberry app
    Last edited by Fubaz; 07-11-11 at 05:01 PM.
    07-11-11 04:58 PM
    Oh... Haha well, that solves that problem.
    07-11-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD