I used the Switch Device options with the Desktop Manager and it successfully loaded all my info from the old BB to the 9800, however, i cannot send emails and there is no facebook and I cannot even load it from the app store. Any ideas?
    08-12-10 12:03 PM
    ...when you try to load Facebook, does it give an error message?

I say connect to Desktop Manager, and Application Loader, and just make sure that Facebook is listed\truly installed.
    08-12-10 12:19 PM
    No Facebook is showing up on the Application Loader. This is strange.
    08-12-10 12:30 PM
    ...very! And I take it you don't have icons hidden on the device, right?

I say, uninstall it, via application loader, and then reinstall (either via the application loader or via the app store).
    08-12-10 12:37 PM
    I can't uninstall it because it is not showing up when I go to the application loader. When I go to the app store to install it there is no Download option. It does show up on the application management but it is not hidden on the phone.
    08-12-10 12:46 PM
    Have you tried to download the FB application directly from facebook?
    08-12-10 12:49 PM
    Have you tried to download the FB application directly from facebook?
    Yes, but that is the Facebook Mobile app that takes you to the facebook website, the actually Facebook App gives the notifications.
    08-12-10 12:52 PM
    Weird! Is pre-installed!
    08-12-10 12:54 PM
    From reading other posts you best bet is to do a security reset on the phone, delete the App Store, Facebook, and BBM then do the device switch. Lots of people have had issues with compatibility with the transfer.
    08-12-10 01:02 PM
    I had the same problem. I went to BB App world and just downloaded from there and overwrote the one that it said was on my phone (but it wasn't really there). Installed with no problems.
    08-12-10 02:14 PM
    I had the same problem. I went to BB App world and just downloaded from there and overwrote the one that it said was on my phone (but it wasn't really there). Installed with no problems.
    I did the same, doiwnloaded it from app world but still can't not find the app on the BB. went to 3rd party apps and its not listed there either.
    08-12-10 02:25 PM
    DEFINITELY delete FB, Twitter, and BBM before doing the Device Switch. The Beta Zone version of FB is still not working because I didn't delete it off my old phone before Device Switch.

As to BBM, the latest version got transferred over with Device Switch, and the apps menu showed both it and the version already on the Torch as being on the phone -- but it was nowhere to be found (bless Universal Search!). I not only had to delete and reinstall, I also had to re-add all my BBM contacts once it was finally installed (and visible). I don't have many contacts, but I can only imagine what a hassle it would be for some people.
    08-12-10 02:26 PM
    When you do the Device switch do not back up the third party apps and you will not lose your bbm contacts.
    08-12-10 02:42 PM
    That's weird..

BestBuy did the transfer for me and everything works fine. Glad I'm the rare exception it seems.
    08-12-10 02:45 PM
    Very strange...seems quite common as well, I wonder why.

And wow, if I had to re-add all my BBM contacts...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 02:50 PM
    I deleted the Facebook app, but when I go to the blackberry app world to reinstall it, there is no option to download it. The icon in the lower left hand corner to download is very light and I am not able to select it.
    08-12-10 03:27 PM
    Blame Facebook, it can't possibly be RIM's fault.
    08-12-10 03:41 PM
    go to bb app world and search facebook its on there.
    08-12-10 03:46 PM
    Once again, when I pull it up in the app world there is no option to download it.
    08-12-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD